DC Comics Designer Series: Batman by Andy Kubert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any news on pending release? Such a cool piece, such little buzz about it.

batsy.jpg

Oh **** ....he does look pretty good with the Koto line! I was waiting for mine to arrive to see how he'd look with my Koto foursome.

The only thing that doesn't quite match is the musculature sculpt. The Koto line has a more angular and defined muscular sculpt.

Can't wait til mine is here! One of my most anticipated releases of the year (apart from the Prime 1 AK Bats and AK himself)

I was just thinking, DCD is notorious for variants, we'll undoubtedly see a blue DK on this piece.

Possibly. Despite some pieces in this Designer line being up-scaled versions of previous releases, the one-piece-per-character/artist rule (so far) hints that DCC might stray away from that here or, at the very least, they'll rename the variant to something else to keep the line "pure", for lack of a less ****ed-up sounding phrase.:lol It's seems like DCC overall is edging more toward becoming a brand associated with premium collectibles like DCD was when it was competing more "directly" with Mattel on the action figure front.

I've unfortunately been avoiding releases like this Kubert Bats due to my dislike of the flesh tone resin/plastic casting. It really takes away from the comic book feel, IMO. Seeing ShartimusPrime highlight how meticulously painted the belt pouches and suit creases were only made the virtually unpainted face sting that much worse for me.

Back