DC Comics Designer Series: Batman by Andy Kubert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, pre-ordered with DCD, supposed to ship this Friday, guessing I'll have it in hand next Wednesday.

Last night it said ships in 1 business day. I checked Entertainment Earth and they said Sept too. Nothing like a last sec change.

argh!! I just emailed my LCS where I have my preorder to see if they have an update. and confirmed delayed till August 31 :(

I don't know what's going on with DC Collectibles lately, but they've been having a weird year. If I remember right they didn't wind up shipping anything the entire month of January, and now this statue is getting pushed back three months at the last minute. It seems like everything is getting hit by delays lately. They need to go back to only soliciting their statues/figures three months ahead of release so there's less room for error.

I don't know what's going on with DC Collectibles lately, but they've been having a weird year. If I remember right they didn't wind up shipping anything the entire month of January, and now this statue is getting pushed back three months at the last minute. It seems like everything is getting hit by delays lately. They need to go back to only soliciting their statues/figures three months ahead of release so there's less room for error.

One thing I've noticed is that their QC has significantly improved in the past 18 months. the statues I bought from them that were in the 2012-2014 line had tons of QC issues, and I had to return many of them multiple times until I got a decent example worth keeping. But the last several B&W statues I've bought circa 2015-2016 have been perfect out of the box. Maybe they've gotten better and inspecting lots before distribution and their first lot of this statue didn't pass QC??

One thing I've noticed is that their QC has significantly improved in the past 18 months. the statues I bought from them that were in the 2012-2014 line had tons of QC issues, and I had to return many of them multiple times until I got a decent example worth keeping. But the last several B&W statues I've bought circa 2015-2016 have been perfect out of the box. Maybe they've gotten better and inspecting lots before distribution and their first lot of this statue didn't pass QC??

I still got statues with QC issues. I had to go through three Covergirls CW and GA/BC statues to get a good one.

13737467_1089760561070539_3976015031498683842_o.jpg

Not sure how I feel about these new circular black bases DC is using. It works well here but on other statues (like the Flash), I would have preferred something else.

Loved looking at this piece in person at SDCC. Because of that I just ordered this today!

Back