DC Comics Designer Series: Batman by Andy Kubert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the MSRP wound up being higher than they were expecting.
I think the closer it gets to the release date the higher they raise the price until it hits msrp. Some stores give greater discounts for early pre-orders. That and they have more room to have discounts on DC collectibles. If I remember the more you order from them the better wholesale price you get, cant remember the max though but I think its over 50%

Anyone know what month this will be offered in the Previews catalog? I may pick it up at DCBS. It should come out to $95.35 shipped through them. At that price, I don't think I can resist.

Anyone know what month this will be offered in the Previews catalog? I may pick it up at DCBS. It should come out to $95.35 shipped through them. At that price, I don't think I can resist.

I'd imagine next months previews, usually statues are about 6 months ahead if I remember right and this is set to ship June of next year.

Just saw it in the new Previews at my LCS yesterday. I though the MSRP was $130 but it's actually $150. That means this would be about $108 shipped from DCBS. A little more than I thought it would be.

I cant believe I'm just now discovering this piece. Awesome! Gotta have more FM Batman... Ordered. Found for $104 shipped.
This will make a nice substitute as a 1/6 scale until a PF arrives.

View attachment 230791
Just wish we had more angles to look from.

Honestly I can't see anyone who is both a statue collector and a Batman fan passing on this one. 12" tall, so basically passes for 1/6 scale, the sculpt looks great and if the paint holds up even at full price of $150 it's a bargain with today's prices, with the online discounts its a no brainer. I really say pass on this at your own risk because if you want him later he's going to be more even with 5200 pcs.

Honestly I can't see anyone who is both a statue collector and a Batman fan passing on this one. 12" tall, so basically passes for 1/6 scale, the sculpt looks great and if the paint holds up even at full price of $150 it's a bargain with today's prices, with the online discounts its a no brainer. I really say pass on this at your own risk because if you want him later he's going to be more even with 5200 pcs.

Is there a thread your not part of :lol Good to see ya & you couldnt have said it better ^ If theres going to a full DKIII line this will be the one to follow with PF's in the $500 range.

If DC does sell 5200 of these, I guarantee you will see DC make variants off it... probably the blue outfit and then various shades of the black outfit.... If DC thinks it can make money on something they will reproduce the hell out of it... That said I'm stilling getting it because it's just an awesome looking statue :)

If DC does sell 5200 of these, I guarantee you will see DC make variants off it... probably the blue outfit and then various shades of the black outfit.... If DC thinks it can make money on something they will reproduce the hell out of it... That said I'm stilling getting it because it's just an awesome looking statue :)

If they did the baby blue hue like in DK Triumphant then I would pick up, otherwise the standard blue would potentially be a pass.

Depends on the piece. The Batman black and whites the reproduce in the second editions but because they change, in small ways, the statue the first editions generally still hold value. Same goes for the color variations like the blue and black koto 1/6th, the blue still goes for quite a bit but the black is right at or under retail. This will probably be the same if the do a color variant or second edition.

Either way I know I have to have this.

Is there a thread your not part of [emoji38] Good to see ya & you couldnt have said it better ^ If theres going to a full DKIII line this will be the one to follow with PF's in the $500 range.
[emoji38] when it comes to comics probably not. Although I'm staying away from Star Wars right now. Haven't seen the movie yet.

Back