Dc collectibles Suicide Squad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're probably better off repainting the entire blade with some chrome/silver modeling paint. Easy fix, which is an unfortunate necessity with collecting DCC (I feel like a glutton for punishment bothering with them after the QC streak I've had this past year with the Bombshells and Designer statues.) Both DCC and ThinkGeek's customer service are terrible, but Katana goes for too much $$ to return her altogether in hopes to score a better one down the line, especially for an issue this minor. I'm glad I picked her up when I did because it is a fantastic piece.
I got her from a physical store actually. They had one more in stock but it was the display. Store is also 45 minute drive however.
I've never painted anything like this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I got her from a physical store actually. They had one more in stock but it was the display. Store is also 45 minute drive however.
I've never painted anything like this.

Yeah, that's about the closest thing I have to an LCS as well, so I'm out of luck when it comes to seeing DCC pieces before I buy them. Like I said--and for as much as I hate ever suggesting collectors settle--I personally see this as minor and would keep this if everything else is sound, even if I didn't repaint it. If you are interested though, the modelling paint tends to come with a marker or nail-polish-brush tip, so no painting skill is required (if it did, I would hardly qualify for the task myself :lol)

Yeah, that's about the closest thing I have to an LCS as well, so I'm out of luck when it comes to seeing DCC pieces before I buy them. Like I said--and for as much as I hate ever suggesting collectors settle--I personally see this as minor and would keep this if everything else is sound, even if I didn't repaint it. If you are interested though, the modelling paint tends to come with a marker or nail-polish-brush tip, so no painting skill is required (if it did, I would hardly qualify for the task myself [emoji38])
I definitely agree it's minor and I'm definitely gonna keep. She's the only one in this line I wanted, just too good.
Just sucks because the sword is one of the centerpieces of the whole statue. Especially since it's facing forward.

Maybe I'll grab the marker and see what happens. If I butcher it can always find a pro to repaint for me.

So I work next to a GameStop and talk with one of the kids there often.
GameStop owns thinkgeek so he's got one shipping up here to replace the sword for me.
They're saying it might have a hair line scratch on it but sounds like it's better then this weird ass mark under the paint.

So I work next to a GameStop and talk with one of the kids there often.
GameStop owns thinkgeek so he's got one shipping up here to replace the sword for me.
They're saying it might have a hair line scratch on it but sounds like it's better then this weird ass mark under the paint.

Hope it all works out. :clap

Back