DC Collectibles: DC Designer Series The Joker By Brian Bolland Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forward lean bothers me but not as much as how far away from his face the camera is.

The forward lean bothers me but not as much as how far away from his face the camera is.

Yes, it's a wonderful Bolland Joker (my favorite version), but I wish they would have picked a different pose for him, iconic cover be damned.

Thanks! A couple things to note: careful unboxing him. Those jacket straps on the back are very delicate. And the promo art doesn't reflect this, but initially it freaked me out how forward he leans. But he's stable on the base and the lower legs are straight and the feet are fairly flush....

Wow ...I hope not all of them are going to be leaning like that.

I'm thinking it shouldn't be leaning like that. He should be standing straight ...just like the photo. If mine arrives with a lean, I might have to just return it and get the Kotobukiya version instead.

Its the way the piece is sculpted. The feet are flush on the base and tight. You can see it's straight up to the knees. He's just sculpted like he's kinda leaning forward on his toes I guess. The one on display at my LCS is the same. All the promo pics were from the front on so you really never got a side perspective. Look closely at the promo shots & in hindsight, compared to the ones I posted, it's the same.

Not a big deal. Looks great IMHO, just from the promo shots, like you, I didn't expect him to be leaning forward on his toes. I actually like the camera pushed away from the face a bit, makes it easier to see the head sculpt.

I'm pretty sure Mr. J is old enough to where he probably couldn't see the screen without his Bat-reading glasses anyway. :D :lol
20170622_140049.jpg

It's a great sculpt, while I still find the camera placement odd I'm still buying this. Lol

Its the way the piece is sculpted. The feet are flush on the base and tight. You can see it's straight up to the knees. He's just sculpted like he's kinda leaning forward on his toes I guess. The one on display at my LCS is the same. All the promo pics were from the front on so you really never got a side perspective. Look closely at the promo shots & in hindsight, compared to the ones I posted, it's the same.

Not a big deal. Looks great IMHO, just from the promo shots, like you, I didn't expect him to be leaning forward on his toes. I actually like the camera pushed away from the face a bit, makes it easier to see the head sculpt.

I'm pretty sure Mr. J is old enough to where he probably couldn't see the screen without his Bat-reading glasses anyway. :D :lol
View attachment 348785

I see. So he has his pelvis forward and his legs are leaning forward. But his upper body is straight. Ok, I get it.

I assumed he would be standing perfectly straight just like the Koto version. Seems it's not the case for this version.

Just picked this piece up, it's such a great sculpt and Iconic storyline.

IMG_7971.jpg

A well-done, nifty 1/6th scale (13.7") statue and a great value to boot for $100-shipped. (ebay coupon)
And yes, below that's a mini-poster of the Batgirl #41 cover variant that was scrapped due to SJW triggering. :lol

20180714_142225_resized.jpg

Looks pretty good, I will stick with my Koto ver 2 though as think it looks better and also have Koto Wonder Woman and Batman

Cool statue. I'm thinking about grabbing this for under $100. Don't really understand why his face is so far away from the camera. A little weird.

Cool statue. I'm thinking about grabbing this for under $100. Don't really understand why his face is so far away from the camera. A little weird.

That was my only gripe with it from the start. I was going to pass because of that but also because I already have Kotos original release so I figured it was a waste, u till I saw it in person. Lol. Extremely well done, easy purchase.

That was my only gripe with it from the start. I was going to pass because of that but also because I already have Kotos original release so I figured it was a waste, u till I saw it in person. Lol. Extremely well done, easy purchase.

I'm thinking about it. It looks good in person? I passed on Kotos original I always wanted it. This looks almost as good. What one u like better?

I have the action D.C. Designer 1/6 Flash statue. It's my favorite flash piece. The only statue that has him mid-stride, right around $100. Great piece.

I'm thinking about it. It looks good in person? I passed on Kotos original I always wanted it. This looks almost as good. What one u like better?

I have the action D.C. Designer 1/6 Flash statue. It's my favorite flash piece. The only statue that has him mid-stride, right around $100. Great piece.

Honestly I like Kotos better, the base on the original version kicks it up a whole extra notch for me. But this is still a fantastic statue.

I have that Fladh as well, love it.

I saw this the other day. It's ahhhhh not bad. The posture and the stance of the statue is really weird and the camera is too far away from his face. Good for $100 but I'm not interested in it anymore.

I have the koto second release with red hood base - that is perfect to me.

Plus it fits with their wonder woman and batman

Back