Statue Dc designer series: The flash by francis manapul statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All three really look good...but the real question is how will the other main Justice League heavy hitters turn out: superman, wonderwoman, green lantern, martian manhunter....

Up to now the pictures look really amazeballz.

So along with Flash, are these the only statues in the line so far? Or am I missing something?

Andy Kubert
iipsrv.fcgi

Adam Hughes
iipsrv.fcgi

Bruce Timm
iipsrv.fcgi

Gary Frank
DCC-Superman-and-Lois-Lane-Statue.jpg

Is the Superman/Lois statue 1/6 scale? I thought it was only 1/7 even though it's labeled as a designer series...

As for the solo statues designer series you also have Joker and Starfire...

Starfire.jpg

Joker.jpg

Last edited:
Got my Flash. Brilliant statue. One of my fav 1/6 statues in my collection now.

NA1RGOs.jpg

U5N2K2Y.jpg

GGd7DV8.jpg

But how do you paint such crisp & straight lines on the face .....

iIiY1uA.jpg

Then paint the chest emblem, which one would think would be easier, so sloppily?

f5pql7t.jpg

Even with that, it's still an impressive piece.

WkznBDB.jpg

bkvZrsT.jpg

rNechCZ.jpg

Yea, I wouldn't be happy with the chest emblem either. The paint there could've been better.

But, overall, the statue came out looking good. Can't wait to get mine.

Looks like they did a poor job on all the black outlining on your statue... It's like they had the veteran painter doing the face and then gave it to a some 16 year old who's just learning to do the yellow's and black paint.... With DC Collectibles it's always a hit and miss with each individual piece.... I believe the ES on these are like 5000 so some will come out looking perfect and others not so much...

Actually, the rest of the black & yellow paint app didn't really bother me. I guess the sloppy chest emblem draws too much attention .....

Love the statue overall. The sculpt's so well-done and translated Manapul's art perfectly. Consodering getting one.

Now we have Kubert Bats, a Manapul Flash, and an incoming AH! wonder Woman. I'd love to get a Hal Jordan (maybe by Van Sciver?), Martian Manhunter (Eddie Barrows), Aquaman (Ivan Reis), and Superman (Frank or Gleason) -- I'd take 1 based on whomever they choose to design, actually) -- it would be like having an Original Seven art jam in statue form :)

There's a Superman and Lois by Frank already up for preorder.

Thanks for the info! Didn't know that it was part of the 12" line. Love it, love the sculpt as much as I love Frank's Superman. Would love to have a solo Superman to go along with the rest of the Original Seven though (that is, if the rest of the OG7 gets made).

Thanks for the info! Didn't know that it was part of the 12" line. Love it, love the sculpt as much as I love Frank's Superman. Would love to have a solo Superman to go along with the rest of the Original Seven though (that is, if the rest of the OG7 gets made).

I'm still not sure it is 1/6 scale, I know it's part of the Designer Series but I think the couple statues are a smaller scale.

Back