Action Figure DC Collectibles - DC Comics Icons 6 inch Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Nightwing costume has to be the most boring superhero costume of all time for a major character.

A black bodysuit with a blue stripe. That's all it is. Crazy.
Nope, it's Nightwing's best look, simple, contrasting and tasteful, closely followed by his 1st appearance costume.

I've never read any nightwing. Is the red version of that costume always Damian wayne or has **** Grayson ever worn the red version? Just curious.
Wait, Damian's been Nightwing? Where? In Injustice? I didn't know that :lol

But yeah the red one is Grayson's too, it was his redesign for new 52.

Edit: It was in injustice wasn't it? I think I remember, he had long hair and all, since Damian killed ****.

I kind of dig Nightwing's Rebirth look. Not a huge difference, but I feel like it works:

5394460-4c0b56bcc49c44c825b69eeadda8570a.jpg

Nope, it's Nightwing's best look, simple, contrasting and tasteful, closely followed by his 1st appearance costume.

I prefer the McDaniel look withe the fun arm and leg gauntlets that explain the absence of a utility belt. I'm not big on this Jim Lee design from Hush.

I've met/talk to Perez a few times at my local comic store, when he does comic book signings. He's very nice, but we never talked about Robin's costume.

If I do see him again, I'll ask him what was he thinking when he made Nightwing look like Liberace :lol

I prefer the McDaniel look withe the fun arm and leg gauntlets that explain the absence of a utility belt. I'm not big on this Jim Lee design from Hush.
I meant the design, McDaniel and Jim Lee use a similar design just different details, no?

I'm not a fan of McDaniel myself, nor Jim Lee's later years.

I've met/talk to Perez a few times at my local comic store, when he does comic book signings. He's very nice, but we never talked about Robin's costume.

If I do see him again, I'll ask him what was he thinking when he made Nightwing look like Liberace :lol
He was probably thinking the right thing, that Superhero costumes should be more about the snazz than practicality.

I agree it's a bit gaudy but just enough that it's still cool, it's more runway than street wear :lol which is not suitable of a character like Nightwing in modern times.

That Nightwing costume has to be the most boring superhero costume of all time for a major character.

A black bodysuit with a blue stripe. That's all it is. Crazy.

Have to disagree here. This is Nightwing at his stealthiness and best, sleek and agile. I am glad to see the hush costume getting a figure, Hush remains a perennial favorite of mine. Never gets old and is the definitive modern batfamily in my eyes. I would like to see all the Hush figures get a redo with the new articulation-Jim lees art on that series is amazing. Defo purchase for me.

the Death of Superman set is awesome!! but Superman looks kinda puny, I mean I know Doomsday is a big dude, but looking at panels from the old comic, Supes is kinda skinny compared to the original artwork that it's based on

the Death of Superman set is awesome!! but Superman looks kinda puny, I mean I know Doomsday is a big dude, but looking at panels from the old comic, Supes is kinda skinny compared to the original artwork that it's based on

I see what you mean there, and I think thats just kinda the style/build for the Icons male sculpts. Love that set though, might even end up with two. Just wish Doomsday was a little more comic accurate. But that said, DC will always get my money for anything 80's and 90's related, and that seems to be where they're going at the moment.

Due lo low interest...

Well maybe you could add the articulation fans want, not **** up the faces and be consistent with your scale and maybe retailers would receive more pre-orders which in turn would result in more pre-orders from retailers.

Dang it!! That's so stupid!!! I wanted Shazam. I didn't even want to get into this line. I just freaking purchased the whole JL set. I'm not going to waste anymore of my money on this undependable line and company. I thought Mattel was bad, but at least I got everything there and they're still producing stuff that fits in the old DCUC line.

I'm cancelling my entire pre-order from this line.

This business practice of DC to cancel announced figures in a collection is a bad practice. This is now the second line they have cancelled that I was interested and pre-ordered ( MOS Icons). How can a collector trust the line if they keep cancelling figures off the collection?

Last edited:
I just noticed my BG and BB PO on BBTS are still there... And they're still available to PO...

I'm starting to think this was a tactic to ramp up interest, they saw what Mezco did with Knightmare :lol

Dang it!! That's so stupid!!! I wanted Shazam. I didn't even want to get into this line. I just freaking purchased the whole JL set. I'm not going to waste anymore of my money on this undependable line and company. I thought Mattel was bad, but at least I got everything there and they're still producing stuff that fits in the old DCUC line.

I'm cancelling my entire pre-order from this line.

This business practice of DC to cancel announced figures in a collection is a bad practice. This is now the second line they have cancelled that I was interested and pre-ordered ( MOS Icons). How can a collector trust the line if they keep cancelling figures off the collection?

Absolutely agreed. I sat on the fence for the longest time with ICONS. DC's practice of leaving lines hanging made me dubious....but I fell for it, ordered the awesome ICONS Harley and Joker and had a whole rack of others on PO. I had planned to stay Batcentric but the Beetle/Booster pack pretty much had me al in.

I too just cancelled my PO for the JL 7....fooled twice shame on me.

Back