DC Collectibles Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Man of Steel figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The armored Batman looks good. I have the MAFEX and might get the DC one since it has light up eyes lol. The Superman bombed IMO. Articulation points, head sculpt and tacky eye beam head design putting me off.

For anyone that has Armored Batman, how are the leg joints on yours? Mine are extremely loose and floppy, and I'm wondering if they're all like that or if I have a dud that I need to return. Knees, arms, and everything else are fine. But those legs suck.

For anyone that has Armored Batman, how are the leg joints on yours? Mine are extremely loose and floppy, and I'm wondering if they're all like that or if I have a dud that I need to return. Knees, arms, and everything else are fine. But those legs suck.

One of the legs is a bit loose on mine, as well as his abdomen and arms. Overall he's a bit "loose", but the joints stay where I put them when he's just sitting on my shelf, so I just ignore it.

Ah, thanks for letting me know. Arms on mine are firm, but torso is a little loose as well. I can deal with some, but the legs are loose enough where he'll do a split while I'm posing him. So It's hard to get him to stay how I want. Got him from Amazon, so an exchange is easy enough that I'll give it a shot.

It does seem to reflect an interesting change in DCC quality, hopefully not a permanent want. My Capullo figures and even Animated stuff have been pretty sturdy. But my Bermejo Batman while not as loose, definitely didnt have as tight joints as those previous releases. One of the legs actually comes right off too. I emailed DCC about that one, but have yet to hear anything.

Yeah, I'd definitely let them know about it and try to get it exchanged. Did you try using his display stand at all?

Also, that's disappointing to hear about the Bermejo Batman.

Any word out of toy fair if anything is going on with this line moving forward?

It's just...so ****ing stupid how they ran this line into the ground. As much as I like DCC, these figures were $25 figures at a $50 price tag, and they screwed themselves hard by putting themselves in direct competition with MAFEX, SHF, and, even, to a degree, Mezco, and, frankly, they didn't stand a chance. You know how many people would've been giddy as ****, had they went old school with it? I would have. Imagine what a different reception people would've had to Keaton, Jack, Reeve, and Stamp as their inaugural wave? Hell, I know they aren't film, but I'd still love someone to do Shipp's Flash justice in some capacity. They have this seemingly unlimited playground at their disposal, and yet, they gravitate towards the most mediocre **** possible. I've defended Eisenberg's Luthor in the past, but I wouldn't pay $10 for that ***** ass chump, let alone $25, LET ALONE $50! So, it's no wonder the interest in that led to its cancellation.

I get it, I do. People would like Zod, Faora, and Nam-Ek, and they looked like cool figures, but, honestly? I feel like Zod, Ursa, and Non would've been way cooler. Parachute pants and all. I don't know. There's such a thing as oversaturation. I get that Neca's done Keaton and Reeve, technically, but I think people would still love to see that history represented. ****. I'd love to see them go back to Kirk Alyn and George Reeves. Make some black and white variants to go with the color versions. Give people an extensive, high quality '66 line, and just keep moving forward.

Sad thing is these companies dont visit places like these where the real criticism is, they get their feedback from FB yesmen.

Whats funny is that they emulated import engineering, shoddy but they did it.

Combined with mattel tier plastic and paint applicaion, and they thought that was enough to charge import prices.

They couldve been te more affordable domestic counterpart to imports but nope.

Figures didn't look as good as imports but joints were firm on mine. And they didn't feel as floppy as the Mafex figures. I have both to compare.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Shame, I was looking forward to a 7" scale Batfleck to go with my NECA stuff, ah well.

Eh, considering their track record with their 1/4 Scale stuff, I wouldn't count out a NECA 7" Batfleck in time. Then again, if it's anything like their 1/4 scale version, you might want to.:lol

Good riddance. In my opinion, the line was doomed the moment they decided to base it off the DCEU only. I mean, they have access to a goldmine with everything from 78 onwards.

Morons.

I like the sculpt of the Armored Bats I have a lot, and was looking forward to seeing how their regular Batman was going to turn out. I paid $35 via Amazon but as much as I like the figure, I can't honestly say it was worth that either.

Sad to hear this. I liked their Armored Batman a lot, for all it's flaws it was a cool figure. I don't own the Superman, but I've seen it in person and thought it looked nice. I agree it's their fault this line failed.

Who are we supposed to get a good 7" Shannon Zod or Faora from now? Play Arts Kai? :rotfl

You know how many people would've been giddy as ****, had they went old school with it? I would have. Imagine what a different reception people would've had to Keaton, Jack, Reeve, and Stamp as their inaugural wave? Hell, I know they aren't film, but I'd still love someone to do Shipp's Flash justice in some capacity. They have this seemingly unlimited playground at their disposal, and yet, they gravitate towards the most mediocre **** possible.

I'm perfectly content with NECA's Keaton and Reeve offerings (though Reeve could have and should had better plastic).

HOWEVER.

When I see DC Collectibles making this,

IMG_6186.JPG
IMG_6187.JPG
IMG_6188.JPG

I get a little anxious thinking what they could do with this,

IMG_6182.JPG
IMG_6183.JPG
IMG_6184.JPG
IMG_6185.JPG

All these toy companies in the 1/12 business are leaving money on the table not making atleast a Batmobile and Batwing in my opinion. That **** would be HOT.

Back