Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does he fit width wise though? That has to be a tight fit with the saber.

Boba fits perfectly into a detolf, I just took out the top shelf and he sits on the middle shelf and takes up the top half. Vaders saber makes him too big so you would have to put him up on top of the case. I got a broken saber tho so I smashed the blade but kept the hilt when I got my replacement. Without the lit blade he fits. He has to go on the bottom tho cause I think he may be too heavy with his base to put on the shelf.

Boba fits perfectly into a detolf, I just took out the top shelf and he sits on the middle shelf and takes up the top half. Vaders saber makes him too big so you would have to put him up on top of the case. I got a broken saber tho so I smashed the blade but kept the hilt when I got my replacement. Without the lit blade he fits. He has to go on the bottom tho cause I think he may be too heavy with his base to put on the shelf.

Well I was more so thinking of a besta not a detolf. But even with a Besta I am not sure he fits with saber. I haven't actually seen a pic yet of anyone with him in one.

I was cleaning mine and noticed there are some streak lines on the helmet. I used a micro fiber towel to clean the helmet. Anyone else having this issue? Should I ask for a replacement?

If the microfiber has dust caught in it or if the helmet had dust on it, you can damage the finish.

Happened to me on a guitar headstock with a super high quality microfiber cloth a few months ago.

Got mine and I'm in love. Once I had it in hand I could Se that the pose works well so I was quite relieved. I like many others are now wondering what to display it in. A custom case would be HUGE but this thing being black is also a dust trap. Sigh... Anyone had any ideas?

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So far from what I've investigated mine is about perfect. It's a late series number 1400ish.

I do have a crack down the entire length of the lightsaber that is fortunately on the opposite side I have it displaying on. Going to try and replace it regardless.

Are you sure it's a crack? There is a wire that runs the entire length for the cathode.

Do you have a picture of what the wire looks like? I feel like it would be running through the middle if it was a wire right?

*EDIT* WOW I'm an idiot I thought it was a crack but you're probably right in it being the wire. I saw that same line in a lot of people's pics of theirs broken and thought that was part of the break. Marker you are a saviour I was about to do a return.

If the microfiber has dust caught in it or if the helmet had dust on it, you can damage the finish.

Happened to me on a guitar headstock with a super high quality microfiber cloth a few months ago.

So a microfiber towel isn't good to use for cleaning, on this beauty????

Do you have a picture of what the wire looks like? I feel like it would be running through the middle if it was a wire right?

*EDIT* WOW I'm an idiot I thought it was a crack but you're probably right in it being the wire. I saw that same line in a lot of people's pics of theirs broken and thought that was part of the break. Marker you are a saviour I was about to do a return.

That's what I figured :lol Glad I could help!

That wire does look like a crack sometimes, I remember thinking the exact same thing about the blade on my Malgus PF before looking more closely :lol

So a microfiber towel isn't good to use for cleaning, on this beauty????

I can't be this affirmative, but definitely be careful, ALWAYS, when using cloth to clean up something like this. You can easily create scratches. Air dusters, super soft brushes, even light sweeps with those Swiffer sheets that you use for the floors, are a good thing to do before rubbing any type of cloth on any fragile finish. I learned the hard way.

Some pics of Vader with my HT Boba 1/4. Loving this pair :love

IMG_7666.jpgIMG_7667.jpgIMG_7673.jpgIMG_7671.jpgIMG_7669.jpgIMG_7675.jpgIMG_7677.jpg

I wish they could have just made the base like 1 inch shorter. Then it would fit perfectly with Boba above him in a 50" besta.

yeah.. the hight of the base keeps me away from this piece as well.. just dont fit anywhere for me :(

yeah.. the hight of the base keeps me away from this piece as well.. just dont fit anywhere for me :(

Well the good news both PF Maul and Kylo are around 20" due to the lack of a massive base. So you could fit them in a 75" besta with both Boba and DV.

The bad news is...all of a sudden as of today Ikea is trying to charge me $340 for delivery of a black/brown 75" besta when just yesterday they would ship for $20 I had it in my cart but didn't get around to finishing the order.

:slap

That wire does look like a crack sometimes, I remember thinking the exact same thing about the blade on my Malgus PF before looking more closely :lol

I can't be this affirmative, but definitely be careful, ALWAYS, when using cloth to clean up something like this. You can easily create scratches. Air dusters, super soft brushes, even light sweeps with those Swiffer sheets that you use for the floors, are a good thing to do before rubbing any type of cloth on any fragile finish. I learned the hard way.

Thanks for the help ;-) I will get a electric duster for my collectibles then. So much save

Great pics! I think I prefer the Sideshow Fett with that Vader though. They were designed to go together.

ok.. so I got it for $425 new and shipped. guess nothing to break here in case I really can not stand it and sell it off to be equal.. or at least to have my Vader fix until HT brings their version

Back