Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok.. so I got it for $425 new and shipped. guess nothing to break here in case I really can not stand it and sell it off to be equal.. or at least to have my Vader fix until HT brings their version
Haha, the man finally caves. Congratz! Would make a cute pair with your HT boba

89e336ee9b87f9fe41a2ef264fbcc00a.jpg
9dca2ad81c032d19a3be186fb5822e46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F

Haha, the man finally caves. Congratz! Would make a cute pair with your HT boba

Sent from my SM-G925F

lol yeah.. freaking HT takes like for ever and I don't get it why.. So this should be fine in the meantime.. I don't think I gonna loose (much) if I decide to sell it again for that price. Will shall see..

lol yeah.. freaking HT takes like for ever and I don't get it why.. So this should be fine in the meantime.. I don't think I gonna loose (much) if I decide to sell it again for that price. Will shall see..

You actually prefer Hot Toys figures to PF statues? Interesting. Don't get it, but interesting.

Those pics of the HT Boba next to the Vader PF are proof enough that 1/4 HT's just don't fit next to statues imo.

I think you'll be glad you got the PF, myc.

Yeah, not sure what the delay is on their 1/4 scale stuff. Odd that they previewed Kylo Ren before even sniffing a pre-order for Vader or Stormtrooper. Maybe Rogue One will be the trigger for those two to finally see the light of day. I personally only want the Kylo 1/4 scale to display with the Driver portrait...

Glad to see that you caved and got the Vader statue though, it really is a great one, IMO. :)

I was struggling in this big game. So i did the decision to stay for 1/4 with Sideshow Star Wars PF. And for 1/6 with HotToys Star Wars figures

It depends, I hate joints (this isn't an issue really with armor statues as they are hidden), I also hate having to pose things. However I would absolutely prefer the HT trooper over the SS trooper. I don't even want it. I had it hoping I would like it better in person, I didn't. I also have both the new and old fett PF and the HT 1/4th. I think the HT one is the best. Better paint, details, and base. The old PF is of course the worst looking one, it always had issues. I'm certainly not going to use the crotch stands.

It depends, I hate joints (this isn't an issue really with armor statues as they are hidden), I also hate having to pose things. However I would absolutely prefer the HT trooper over the SS trooper. I don't even want it. I had it hoping I would like it better in person, I didn't. I also have both the new and old fett PF and the HT 1/4th. I think the HT one is the best. Better paint, details, and base. The old PF is of course the worst looking one, it always had issues. I'm certainly not going to use the crotch stands.
I was in the same boat. Hate joints and the stands that comes with it, makes it doll like
But after getting it on a sale, i have to say the pros(excellent paint and accessories) on the piece outweighs the "doll" like features

Sent from my SM-G925F

Interesting. I actually sold my 1/4 HT to buy the PF. I think it looks far superior even though I prefer ROTJ Boba. The HT base also feels very plastic (because it is).

Interesting. I actually sold my 1/4 HT to buy the PF. I think it looks far superior even though I prefer ROTJ Boba. The HT base also feels very plastic (because it is).
At the end of the day, its resin vs plastic. I dont mind either one, so long as it looks good on display i'm happy

Sent from my SM-G925F

I mean I like a bit of weight and all, but what it feels like is far less important to what it looks like to me.

MYC, did you make the stand Boba is on and fashion a foot peg for it? That looks amazing!!!

yes I drilled a little hole in one of his feet and insert just a metal rod using as a peg. I want to make a custom base for that Figure cause the one from HT is nice.. but its just to high. I want something all at the same height like most PF.. (Damn it Sideshow with Vader.. maybe I will do a custom base for that one too.. but light up wont work :( )

If you did a base for Vader I would definitely be interested. I kept the broken lightsaber I got from SS, I just cut the "blade" off.
image.jpg
It's how I display it 99.9% of the time, so having a new base would be awesome.

yes I drilled a little hole in one of his feet and insert just a metal rod using as a peg. I want to make a custom base for that Figure cause the one from HT is nice.. but its just to high. I want something all at the same height like most PF.. (Damn it Sideshow with Vader.. maybe I will do a custom base for that one too.. but light up wont work :( )

I LOVE the base. Its what makes this Vader unique, and towers other PF - a fit the Dark Lord
Heck the base is heavier than Vader himself haha

I LOVE the base. Its what makes this Vader unique, and towers other PF - a fit the Dark Lord
Heck the base is heavier than Vader himself haha

He does look amazing, well I will have 2 dark lord's in my collection, Sauron PF and Vader PF, but sauron will make vader look very small haha, so Sauron will still take the cake has THE dark lord

He does look amazing, well I will have 2 dark lord's in my collection, Sauron PF and Vader PF, but sauron will make vader look very small haha, so Sauron will still take the cake has THE dark lord
Make a 1/4 voldemort and your dark lord display will be complete 😅

Sent from my SM-G925F

Back