Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here we go. This not how I have these pieces displayed normally, although things get moved around frequently. Here are my Attakus v1 with my new SS Vader PF & my eFX fiberglass Limited. I have a few other Vader pieces (he's my favorite), but they wouldn't fit on the shelf.

image.jpg

I normally do like having the SS Vader at more of an angel, as front on is not flattering. But, with his lightsaber & the close wall, for these photos I was limited.

image.jpg
aaaaannd this one's blurry :slap

image.jpg

image.jpg
This one has the ANH lightsaber from TCSS. I think it was the last one they made before going to their v2, that has holes in the pommel for the speaker. This lightsaber is just a static prop.

My wife is asking me to sell my vader attakus v1 if I want this one. Should I do it ? :gah:

no way. that statue is simple elegance and unlikely to be duplicated again.

there is a reason you rarely see him for sale and he still commands big bucks despite being 1/5 scale and 15+ years old.

I have every vader statue made except the CM and real bronze and it is the last one I would sell.

edit: great pics darth rusty!

no way. that statue is simple elegance and unlikely to be duplicated again.

there is a reason you rarely see him for sale and he still commands big bucks despite being 1/5 scale and 15+ years old.

I have every vader statue made except the CM and real bronze and it is the last one I would sell.

edit: great pics darth rusty!

Thank you sir. & I completely agree with your thoughts on the Attakus v1. It's a truly great piece, & would be one of the last pieces I would ever sell.

This ROTJ statue doesn't have an exclusive version, right? We can only order a standart version of it?

OOHHH. Beautiful collection. Congratulations.. The PF is the one that actually looks best of the three. I was having doubts but I guess I´ll have to proceed with the purchase.:blissy

THANK YOU ! thats what I told my wife. ..Why is it so bad to have two of the same character ? :dunno

If I'd had to pick one free I'd take the SS but that is not going to be popular with many here. I just like my base and light up.

The other one is nice too but this is just my opinion.

What's up with the chest piece? It looks messed up in the pic where the SS is in HD.

I so want a 1:1 helmet. I passed up on one years ago because one of the pointy tips was broke off now it sells for a ton.

If I'd had to pick one free I'd take the SS but that is not going to be popular with many here. I just like my base and light up.

The other one is nice too but this is just my opinion.

What's up with the chest piece? It looks messed up in the pic where the SS is in HD.

I so want a 1:1 helmet. I passed up on one years ago because one of the pointy tips was broke off now it sells for a ton.

Yeah, too bad none of them were free :lol

Your opinion IS completely valid. I always say, collect what YOU like. We've all passed on many pieces over the years, cause they just don't appeal to us, or we can't afford them, or whatever reason. That's what makes all of our collections unique. :duff

The Attakus & the SS are totally different pieces. One is porcelain, which originally is (ultimately) a hand sculpted piece of clay. From the folds in the cape, to the wrinkles in the suit. It was all done by hand. & in person, this baby looks like it's gonna breathe. So the uneven nature of the chest box is from the original sculpt of the chest box in clay.
Sideshows Premium Format is made from many things. Polystone, cloth, pleather, & plastic.
So even though they're the same character.... they're totally different builds. Women don't get it. How many black pairs of shoes do they need?

& lastly, a 1:1 helmet from either MR, eFX, fan made, or any other manufacturer is TOTALLY worth it! Are they expensive? Hell yes! But, I've NEVER regretted buying any of them.

Your opinion IS completely valid. I always say, collect what YOU like. We've all passed on many pieces over the years, cause they just don't appeal to us, or we can't afford them, or whatever reason. That's what makes all of our collections unique. :duff

The Attakus & the SS are totally different pieces. One is porcelain, which originally is (ultimately) a hand sculpted piece of clay. From the folds in the cape, to the wrinkles in the suit. It was all done by hand. & in person, this baby looks like it's gonna breathe. So the uneven nature of the chest box is from the original sculpt of the chest box in clay.
Sideshows Premium Format is made from many things. Polystone, cloth, pleather, & plastic.
So even though they're the same character.... they're totally different builds. Women don't get it. How many black pairs of shoes do they need?

& lastly, a 1:1 helmet from either MR, eFX, fan made, or any other manufacturer is TOTALLY worth it! Are they expensive? Hell yes! But, I've NEVER regretted buying any of them.

Excellent points

Wow I never knew that about that piece. Pretty cool though. This lady I know does estate sales and calls me when there is Star Wars stuff. She basically prices it all $1 so I hope to one day score big and I mean for my collection. I'll leave the selling to my kids lol keep or sell I told them

The helmet I saw while in Vegas. It was in a store that has electronics and weird stuff. It was a Vader helmet in a square plexiglass box and was numbered. It was like $160 and this was around 8 years ago. I was gonna UPS it home and idiotically passed over that missing tip by the mouth. I also recall a memorabilia store with original star wars figures, postures and costumes. They had other non star wars stuff too.

Thanks for the HD pics. This is a great statue of vader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick update to my shelf. I was scared pooless moving Vader because I couldn't grab him only the base. From now on I'll detach him and rest it on a pillow then move the base.

Haha, yeah I had to move him up a flight of stairs to get to the display room and it was intense for sure!
Great display btw!

I need some advice guys. As i posted earlier my vader arrived with some issues See pictures below.

The Base-It looks like the base was damaged at some point during production & the factory attempted to repair it except they botched the job-its not terrible but still a flaw
The Cape- The cape wasn't packaged properly which resulted in pressure on the plastic chain that caused it to kink, turn white & weaken at the kinked point. They will replace this regardless of the course of action I choose so i didn't bother posting pictures.
The Body- A very small paint scratch that is only visible under direct light and up close

Sideshow has offered the following:

1: To replace the whole statue
2: To replace the base & cape & give a small credit
3: To replace the cape and give me a $70 credit

Normally, I'd just elect to replace the whole statue but after reading some comments here about electronic issues (specifically the saber) i'm not a 100% i want to go that route. If i go with option 2, its very possible that the body i have now wont fit in the replacement base or that the replacement has electronic issues or some other cosmetic flaws. Also, keep in mind that I got 10% off at the time of purchase so if i take the additional $70 then i got this sucker for $380. After looking at the pictures what would you do???

dvaderbasecrack.jpg
dvaderbasecrack2.jpg
dvaderbasecrack3.jpg
dvaderbasecrack4.jpg
Vader Chest scratch.jpg
Vader chest scratch 1.jpg

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback :hi5:

Last edited:
I need some advice guys. As i posted earlier my vader arrived with some issues See pictures below.

The Base-It looks like the base was damaged at some point during production & the factory attempted to repair it except they botched the job-its not terrible but still a flaw
The Cape- The cape wasn't packaged properly which resulted in pressure on the plastic chain that caused it to kink, turn white & weaken at the kinked point. They will replace this regardless of the course of action I choose so i didn't bother posting pictures.
The Body- A very small paint scratch that is only visible under direct light and up close

Sideshow has offered the following:

1: To replace the whole statue
2: To replace the base & cape & give a small credit
3: To replace the cape and give me a $70 credit

Normally, I'd just elect to replace the whole statue but after reading some comments here about electronic issues (specifically the saber) i'm not a 100% i want to go that route. keep in mind i got 10% off at the time of purchase so if i take the additional $70 then i got this sucker for $380. After looking at the pictures what would you do???

View attachment 286707
View attachment 286708
View attachment 286711
View attachment 286713
View attachment 286714
View attachment 286715

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback :hi5:
I think replace the cape and take the $70 credit. It looks like two different tones of paint on the base but I'm not sure. If you elect to get a brand new one you might be worse off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Why not go new? If it's messed up they'll surely fix it right. I'd personally get a new one screw that just tell them to check it good and make sure it all works with no marks. Who cares if they open it they most likely are very careful fif it's coming to you.

Good luck!

I'd make them replace it and deal with them again if there are issues with that one. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if you got it for $10. The fact is it's $500 statue and SS needs to learn that for the prices they want to charge, we aren't going to settle for their crappy QC, "close enough" mentality and small shut-up-and-go-away credits under any circumstances.

I'd make them replace it and deal with them again if there are issues with that one. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if you got it for $10. The fact is it's $500 statue and SS needs to learn that for the prices they want to charge, we aren't going to settle for their crappy QC, "close enough" mentality and small shut-up-and-go-away credits under any circumstances.

Amen.

Back