Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go for an a full replacement. Unless you have to send yours back, you'll have to destroy it. & if your new lightsaber doesn't work, but the one you have now does... then I'd destroy the new one & keep the old, & so on. But, ultimately, I think the faulty ones seem to be fewer on this run. Mostly it's the lightsabers (like with mine) that are faulty. & yours works.

I def go for a full new replacement. The refund they are offering you in my opinion just isn't good enough.

Well I just freaked out a bit. Turned my Vader on, & my NEW lightsaber was only HALF lit! :panic: What the Fu..... Oh wait, we had a good lightning storm last night, so unplugged it. Guess the batteries are going already :lol. Plugged it in, & it was all good. Whew!

Thanks for the advice guys. I elected to go with a full replacement. I asked them to open & inspect it before shipping it out but i am not confident they will really do it even if they tell me they will.

That's the point I was trying to make. You could end up with a worse product. Hopefully it goes right, and you get a proper statue. It's happened to me where I keep getting broken items sent to me and it's just a pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

That's the point I was trying to make. You could end up with a worse product. Hopefully it goes right, and you get a proper statue. It's happened to me where I keep getting broken items sent to me and it's just a pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
Oh I know all about this.

I went thru hell with Wonder woman, it took 3 replacements before I got an acceptable one (it still wasn't perfect). It's no fun, if I was an employee at ssc I would be embarrassed by these types of issues. I think they all realize this which is why they always say we can do the full replacment if your "willing to take the risk". There shouldn't be any risk, its very flawed logic. We are not playing the stock market we aren't being compensated to assume any risk. There is a risk your product may come defective but there is nothing we can do about it. Better hope you win the lottery when it arrives... good luck to you sir and thank you for shopping with sideshow

Last edited:
my biggest head-scratcher is how the heck a "replacement" piece can be anything but perfect.

Think about it for a sec....why would SS ever accept flawed replacements from the factory...it truly defies logic. Why not at the very least, inspect the replacements when they receive them from the factory and demand the factory redo anything that was sub par.

my biggest head-scratcher is how the heck a "replacement" piece can be anything but perfect.

Think about it for a sec....why would SS ever accept flawed replacements from the factory...it truly defies logic. Why not at the very least, inspect the replacements when they receive them from the factory and demand the factory redo anything that was sub par.

I'm guessing if they did that they wouldn't get replacements for another 3 months. That's if the China factory can even guarantee a flawless piece, that's not going to get ruined by the boat travel and the rest.

Just a new update. All the pieces are done. I'm going to throw another frost layer on the plexi and seal all the edges of the plexi on the back sides but I used lock tight around every cutout but s thin layer. One issue I had was with the paints not looking smooth but it's impossible for me to get it and I can only sand so much as the paint melts before it sands after a while. Not the first time I used the frosting and it never goes on even all across. I always get large areas that are flawless then it gets splotchy but most only close up but it's still a PITA.

Next up is light testing. I tell you what, this is gonna be the worst lol I have mostly white lighting that would saturate the panels from the back and only smaller amounts that can go red or whatever color I want so with LEDs it may be too many lights needed.

I was going to frame this together then the borders are too small. I CANNOT just lay it together as it could fall but with the sides being outside the back they are leaning on the back so falling in is near impossible once set up. I am also doing the from cap that will sit and finish it off so I could build in a support that's hidden as well.

Anyway enjoy it if you like it

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ok so I just slapped it together and it's really stable as is sitting on a board. The board fits right and the pieces are fit perfect and the ceiling is heavy enough to hold it tight. It can't fall in due to how the sides fit beyond the back. Side boards are only 1/4 inch so the ceiling easily holds them. I'm going to cover it with fabric because I'm not sitting it on a painted wood piece. Probably use a cheap black cover. So I was thinking hmmm how can I get lights in behind the back and so I'm going to test some T5s I have and if it works I'll cut open the back and nail some horizontal slats of wood to mount the lights and stabilize the whole stand.

Again there is no cap on the front still. I'll be doing that after the rest is finished because if I do it now it may not sit flush with any adjustments I make.

Thanks for the support. Maybe I should of considered a stand alone stand but I have no place for one right now but this piece should transfer easily later. Kind of built it to move.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice work man! I love the creativity.

Thanks. Can't wait to finish and get started on the cantina and my speeder bike shelves. Got mini ferns and logs already lol and rocks. Plus my new printer does large gloss banners.

I'm making posts for each project but when I'm done with this I think I'll start a display thread for finished stuff.

Oh wow. I could never fit Pax so I'll have to limit myself lol

They come shorter as well like 72" I think but of course the large white shelves are $10 each lol they get you every way.

If you have seen any of my posts I have 2 of these with a horizontal besta hanging in between for my speeder & cantina, etc. my 1/6th are on Billy's with glass shelves. I have the Vader, Fett and trooper and will put Ren, no trooper and sandtrooper on these. I'll put Voltron somewhere alone with my 4 voltrons around him with the art I got with it. I need more room.

They come shorter as well like 72" I think but of course the large white shelves are $10 each lol they get you every way.

If you have seen any of my posts I have 2 of these with a horizontal besta hanging in between for my speeder & cantina, etc. my 1/6th are on Billy's with glass shelves. I have the Vader, Fett and trooper and will put Ren, no trooper and sandtrooper on these. I'll put Voltron somewhere alone with my 4 voltrons around him with the art I got with it. I need more room.

Yea I have the 11" deep Billy's from when I collected Bowen statues. I wish I had gotten the 15" deep versions as they would be perfect but going forward with 1/4 the Billy's won't cut it.

I considered the shorter Pax but then I would still need to custom make glass doors and I don't really want to have to do that so it'll be the Besta's or Stuva's for me most likely. I'm starting over more or less so I have nothing but space lol.

Back