Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to post the first light test for the ceiling. While it needs to be wider it is just a test before I stick the lights permanently. I'm happy. They turn all different colors including white. They are not so sharp in person they spread across the frosted plexi. I can see in the photo it appears different but no worries it's fine looking here lol. image.jpg

Phastroh, you should try to sell these. I'm sure you'll get some people who'd want to place an order.

No way too much work lol plus the panels aren't perfect since its MDF and painted by can. They are perfectly square I'm referring to the raised pieces. Don't get me wrong it looks great in person but there's people who want precision and I can't with a hole saw and a jig saw. If I had a table saw then maybe but there would still be the ovals that aren't perfect. Most are but you know what I mean. I think I spent like $75 on wood alone.

I just purchased the roll LEDs they will be perfect in this as well. So right now around $150 in supplies alone.

I'm going to maybe one day rebuild another or transfer this to a single case. Probably redo it.

The cap will be cool when done. I'll slap a little control panel on it since its a door shaped cap.

I too just ordered this. I hope it ships soon.
Mine came to 489 after I used rewards. I wish it came to $150. So lucky.

Just had to post the first light test for the ceiling. While it needs to be wider it is just a test before I stick the lights permanently. I'm happy. They turn all different colors including white. They are not so sharp in person they spread across the frosted plexi. I can see in the photo it appears different but no worries it's fine looking here lol.View attachment 287603

This is awesome!
I want one.
Will you take PayPal ???

My LEDs arrive today so I should if I get time have it finished this weekend.

I do have a small issue with the bottom piece of wood. I never planned on using one but it's smarter to as holding it all together with my nail gun will allow me to install the roll of LEDs in one piece and do so while its out of the shelf. I still have the front cap to do but even after I make it I have to get the vinyl stickers done once the width is determined.

Anyway I'll post pix maybe with no cap which sux but the rest should be done. Of course I'm just putting in my new smaller black tv console under my tv so I have to do all that. It never ends.

I do take PayPal however I'm not looking to build anything. Too many problems if somethings not exact and this is built to specific dimensions for my shelf. I'd love to do these for a living though.

Bad news the lights only do RGB meaning only every 3rd led is red. Not going to use them. Since you can't get them alternation red and white looks like using red or white is my only choices which sucks.

I may just use red only. It's a tough tough choice.

Ok so I got it all nailed together with my nail gun. Some areas could not be nailed due to the 1/4 inch board but I put them in the corners where I could see and I'll put the lock tight along the joints on the outside you can't see.

I also put the black lines on the panels. One thing I did not do were the tiny pieces on the panels. Too small for me to cut but I may do them later and glue them on. The detail can be toned down for this project but these are just more reason selling them is not feasible as many would not like the lack of exact detail that I don't miss nor care to include due to tools and time. I have other things I'm building after this.

So these pix are similar to others but the black lines are included and it's now solid.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Saber fell out while I was fixing his cape, so I had to order a replacement blade. On the bright side tho, I now have an unlit saber so he fits into a detolf now. I'll just pretend it is the exclusive version until the new blade gets here.

13925276_10157339541070451_6711652090816585082_n.jpg14054228_10157388675935451_4594168307650200915_n.jpg

Oh no sorry. I didn't know there was a way to order parts though.
I emailed them and told them what happened, it was my fault so I said I'd pay the shipping for it. Not a big deal, just going to have to be more careful with the next one is all haha.

I ordered new lights since I only had RGB but this time I got the 5050 All Red LEDs. I considered white but thought you know what this is damn Vader and it's all gonna be red. No reason I need it white unless it was a smaller diorama with other characters.

Stay tuned maybe by next week sometime but not sure as I am loaded with other things going on. Soon though.

Does this guy come with the batteries for the base and saber?
If not, what size? Double or triple A?

Back