Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saber, chest box and base light up.

Does the belt light up by any chance? I thought I remembered seeing them in the film.

I'm curious to see another angle of him, maybe more of his left side, from the front, that leg-up pose looks a little weird. I'm glad you can articulate the head, maybe there's a position where it looks good. I'm excited for this!

Does the belt light up by any chance? I thought I remembered seeing them in the film.

I'm curious to see another angle of him, maybe more of his left side, from the front, that leg-up pose looks a little weird. I'm glad you can articulate the head, maybe there's a position where it looks good. I'm excited for this!

Yes it lights up too

Yes, belt, chest box, lightsaber and base all light up. :)

Well I have to say I am overly pleased after seeing the video. Upon purchase it only mentioned the saber lighting up by I know there's no way that's all. I had spoken with SS many times and had asked but got the standard we have no info reply.

I knew they would light the box but the belt was a shock for me and then when the base lit up I was like wooooohooooooo. It would have been a waste painted blue. I was already thinking how I could do it myself.

Bottom line for my first PF I'm happy although now I have a Storm Trooper and my PF Fett wil come with my Vader if Vader comes out on time haha. I blocked my PF Ren and NO trooper out of my mind they are so far away. I only plan to buy the Phasma PF and that Voltron Statue.

This looked gorgeous in the video, as did Dark Phoenix during last week's live event. That said, as generous as the light-up features are, they seem too impractical in execution for me to use often, especially if separate batteries are needed (forgive me if I missed the part in the stream where Susan explained how the lights are powered.)

Apart from having to flip three different switches, I don't think any of these lights, including the large one for the base, are bright enough to illuminate Vader in complete darkness, where the light-ups would display best. This type of thing might've worked better for an Empire Strikes Back Vader, where the orange lighting under the chamber platform would've made him look more menacing, even if you can't see him fully in the dark.

That said, compared to the featureless, more expensive Maul and Ren PFs, this is like getting a free bonus, so I can't complain too much. I'm just not as compelled to pre-order as I thought I'd be when the bonus was announced.

There is no way Ren won't have lights. The bottom is ripe for lights in each red hilt end. I think that's what those are right? Considering he has no real lights anyway I'd guess they will be added to that base. Of course the saber but I'd not be shocked if it lights in 2 stages perhaps with sound but the sound may be too much.

Lol they can add a mini smoke machine under him.

Lol they can add a mini smoke machine under him.

:rotfl Yeah! Let's make this diorama happen, SS!

d90b1cf439341efa227f3978ec061bfd.jpg

Here are some pics of our Lord Vader i took from the video
Cant get here soon enough [emoji4]

e4c8f99f78be1ccf3c195eb1c07ef356.jpg

35851d234f1530481742b66fcaa4de2e.jpg

6cc226bf512466791bd6e5aadd832392.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F

That's all nice and all, but look at the video. His head looks like it's tilted up and even when she moves it side to side it still looks up. Probably just not seated well I guess (hope).

This scene minus the steps perhaps?

image.jpeg

Or this one with stairs :).

image.jpeg

That's all nice and all, but look at the video. His head looks like it's tilted up and even when she moves it side to side it still looks up. Probably just not seated well I guess (hope).

Hope that is the case. Because in that video he is looking up for sure. He did look better at sdcc last year so perhaps there is more play to it then in the video.

Back