Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it less the more I look at it, the price isn't making me want it anymore either..., I have to be totally happy with something to spend that kind of cash. Malgus was an awesome statue & a must have, this just isn't giving me the same vibe at all..., where as non Star Wars items wise, take Hot Toys Hulkbuster figure, now that was a must have & I couldn't order it quick enough (& that costs far more than Vader). Mixed media has never been of appeal to me so the fabric body suit they're giving Vader was an instant negative, add to that the chunky fat thighs & the light sabre sticking out so I'll have nowhere I can display him & that just about put the brakes on for this piece..., I have 27 Vader's in my collection anyway though & there's still 2 I'm looking to add so it's not a big deal really. :)
27 vaders you are the coolest man alive.

WOW!:eek

Retail price in Germany seems 599€ (656$ because of the low €)....sorry, now i`m officially out of collecting PFs....:Flush

I paid roughly the half for Darth Malgus (320€) not long ago and i just can`t afford this prices hikes anymore!:dunno

Now i`m sad....

I don't like this Vader version,and also will not pay 600,-€ for PF's in the future!Sorry,for me the end of the Sideshow PF era!!!

It's around 480-500€ here, shipping to Germany would be around 35-40€ so you'd be looking at 520-550€ shipped.
Still a retarded amount of money, would never pay that much for this statue, let alone with it being open ES. When it's released, people will be selling theirs for 100€ less in a matter of days, like for many other Sideshow statue recently released.

I... did not.

Edit: Wait! I did some research. Are they going to lock this Vader PF in the vault forever because it's racist?

Just hoping that Disney will lock away the Prequels to never be seen again. To pretend they don't exist... And if you want to say it's because Jar Jar was racist then that is good also. :)

SSAlex has said that they are trying to get additional light-up features for the statue. I think that's why the statue is priced at $500. If they get those features and update the page, I think it will warrant the price tag. If not, I think it's priced too steeply. Here's hoping that they can pull it off. I think that is why they've priced the statue the way that they have. It's not like they would announce light up features later on and increase the price. Seems like they're planning ahead.

If they could pull it off 10 years ago, there is absolutely no excuse for them not to be able to pull it off now.

SSAlex has said that they are trying to get additional light-up features for the statue. I think that's why the statue is priced at $500. If they get those features and update the page, I think it will warrant the price tag.

The problem there is, when it is the othewr way around and light features are removed. Customers are told that the price won't lower because removing them doesn't make them any cheaper to produce. Flip that and the high price put on this has little to do with any future additions. It is what it is. They have been heading this way for some time. I don't mind the odd price rise, but when that is combined with super high, or as in this case No ES what so ever, it is hard to swallow.

The problem there is, when it is the othewr way around and light features are removed. Customers are told that the price won't lower because removing them doesn't make them any cheaper to produce. Flip that and the high price put on this has little to do with any future additions. It is what it is. They have been heading this way for some time. I don't mind the odd price rise, but when that is combined with super high, or as in this case No ES what so ever, it is hard to swallow.

Yeah they've said numerous times that light up doesn't increase the price really :|

Yes, I remember them doing it just recently with Sinestro. People ordered, then a month or two after they changed it to no light feature.

I think the pose bothers me more than anything. It looks great from one angle. I don't understand why it looks so awkward from other angles. It's like they didn't rotate the digital model at all before signing off on it. No light up chest? No ES? No EX? Are they trying to reduce direct orders lol.

Just hoping that Disney will lock away the Prequels to never be seen again. To pretend they don't exist... And if you want to say it's because Jar Jar was racist then that is good also. :)
What prequels? Who's Jar Jar?

I think the pose bothers me more than anything. It looks great from one angle. I don't understand why it looks so awkward from other angles. It's like they didn't rotate the digital model at all before signing off on it. No light up chest? No ES? No EX? Are they trying to reduce direct orders lol.

This is why I'm not even going to order this statue. Really disappointed that's there's no ES but judging from the SS Hulk MQ, I might as well wait, be patient and pick it up cheap in the after market

I love Jar Jar. I'd like to see a TV series called "Meet the Gungans."

Back