Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bummed at the price and as others have said the height. I don't need every piece to be so big. SS needs to chill out with these bases. Maybe I can swing it on a few pieces but not every piece. Vader is worthy...but can I get Fett on a smaller base. Anyway, im out on this one for now but will closely monitor. Oh and does anyone else see the nearly the exact pose as the Keaton PF :slap

Funny thing is the price and height had me revisit the Mythos Vader. Currently calculating rewards points.

Yeah, I noticed that right off the bat too. Sideshow has a knack for recycling poses.

I care about the ES because I'm fickle. My collection is ever-changing and if I ever want to sell/trade this down the road, I would like to get what I paid for it. It wouldn't stop me from buying something that I like but I still prefer to have a known edition size.

What gets me about this piece... Is that SSC took all the fun out of Pre ordering it... No Ex, No ES and it does not come out for a year (which we know will be longer). It just sort of lets the air out of the sails. I will probably get it but I don't know when... If there was an EX then I would have ordered... There would be some fun to be had on being one of the first.. Now... Meh... No rush... It's nice to be sure... But the fun of Pre order is gone.

I think you can see on this board that the excitement is down.. Not a lot of "Ordered" posts.

Now that I think about it, Isn't this a new tactic to try to sell regular editions as much as they can and release the Exclusive later? Sideshow knows that the Exclusive will sell out no matter what, so no rush.

Now that I think about it, Isn't this a new tactic to try to sell regular editions as much as they can and release the Exclusive later? Sideshow knows that the Exclusive will sell out no matter what, so no rush.

No way. Not even SSC would stoop so low.

What gets me about this piece... Is that SSC took all the fun out of Pre ordering it... No Ex, No ES and it does not come out for a year (which we know will be longer). It just sort of lets the air out of the sails. I will probably get it but I don't know when... If there was an EX then I would have ordered... There would be some fun to be had on being one of the first.. Now... Meh... No rush... It's nice to be sure... But the fun of Pre order is gone.

I think you can see on this board that the excitement is down.. Not a lot of "Ordered" posts.

True on all of the above but I don't think SSC deliberately released it with no exclusive. The concept art showed an unmasked portrait which suddenly doesn't exist. Igo confimed on SSF that Fett's alternate helmet EX was veto'd by Disney because Disney didn't want people to be able to display the second helmet separately. I'm sure the same thing happened with Vader causing SSC to scrap it at the last second and then they just probably couldn't think of a decent replacement in time.

I don't really see them doing an entire new arm (force choke or whatever.) What EX options do you think they had? It's ROTJ specific so no mouse or interrogation droid.

Can someone explain the reason of why it is 500$? I can't see anything which is innovative in terms of producing or making this statue! Also no ES! What's sideshow trying to do?

CMIIW in the last 2 year ssc has put out statue PO like in every 2 weeks , these days we can still see the PO come out but it was mostly from HT, no more statue. nobody knows what they want to do anymore....maybe selling artprints and become 1/6 distributor from asia eg HT and star ace.

Maybe Disney be interfering to much. I was a little turned off seeing the logo all over it.

CMIIW in the last 2 year ssc has put out statue PO like in every 2 weeks , these days we can still see the PO come out but it was mostly from HT, no more statue. nobody knows what they want to do anymore....maybe selling artprints and become 1/6 distributor from asia eg HT and star ace.

Did you quote the right post?

True on all of the above but I don't think SSC deliberately released it with no exclusive. The concept art showed an unmasked portrait which suddenly doesn't exist. Igo confimed on SSF that Fett's alternate helmet EX was veto'd by Disney because Disney didn't want people to be able to display the second helmet separately. I'm sure the same thing happened with Vader causing SSC to scrap it at the last second and then they just probably couldn't think of a decent replacement in time.

I don't really see them doing an entire new arm (force choke or whatever.) What EX options do you think they had? It's ROTJ specific so no mouse or interrogation droid.

I would have taken any kind of Ex.. Even an art print... Something to get me excited about a Preorder...

Ha! It weirded me out a little too.

Can anyone tell me if the open edition statues are still numbered in the order that they are created? I don't have an opinion on this really, just curious if they do.
No... No numbering whatsoever... So we won't even know how many they'll do... 5k... 10k... 50k..???

Look at Hulk Maquette... They still produce it even 2 years later...

Well there is some + to this. It means you can absolutely wait till production finishes and see how it comes out to order. And also wait and see if HT is going to do a 1/4 Vader, both of which I'm going to do :p

You can also possibly get it cheaper later too.

Well there is some + to this. It means you can absolutely wait till production finishes and see how it comes out to order. And also wait and see if HT is going to do a 1/4 Vader, both of which I'm going to do :p

we rockin' the same boat Dao ! :)

Same. In addition, no EX means I can order from out of state to avoid taxes, if I decide to pull the trigger that is.

Back