Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't planning to get another Vader PF but looks like I'll have to change my mind. Hope the exclusive is an unmasked portrait.

The art is very stylized and kind of weird. I am sure the piece itself will look much better so don't judge guys!

I am more worried about what the concept art usually shows more accurately: The pose. He looks like he is backing away from Luke from below. The problem is the ROTJ Luke PF wouldn't display well with that because he also has a cautious backing away pose. I like the look of him walking slowly as Vader does but I want a menacing slow walk not a back away slow walk. If they had him lean forward instead of backward and had his head looking down rather than up it would be PERFECT.

But again I will be getting this unless they somehow manage to make it complete garbage which is highly doubtful and when we see the piece itself it could look great the way it is. We will see.

This is what it looks like to me as well. That left leg appears to be outstretched while his right leg gets ready to step down. Could be a very nice base if the implement it right.

Isn't it based on the Jerry VanderStelt painting where he is standing on a dead Stormtrooper?

Oh yeah similar pose;
mataneta.jpg

Wouldn't make sense though for Jedi would it?

Wouldn't make sense for Jedi.... I didn't really think about that part of it. I just knew that pose looked really familiar.

Pose is similar, just mirrored really. I sure hope they change the base, because this, while very cool, doesn't fit into ROTJ or ESB at all.

I'm guessing its from cloud city (from the background) and the base will probably be steps going down.

Although I pride myself as a Fett/CC collector, I do have the Vader Mythos on P/O and am trying to trade clones for the 1/6th Vader. All three of these would look absolutely sick together methinks

Probably. I just hope it won't be one of the XXXL bases that they tend to make these days. I'd prefer something simple, but in line with the existing SW pieces. I just about have had it with those headaches about fitting stuff in my BESTA. :(

The old Vader PF was underrated by the pose. This new one have still a boring pose IMHO.

Back