Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I wanted to turn on the lights of my Darth Vader Premium Format to show to my neighbors.
First, the ligthsaber turn on but the base is off.
I turn off and turn on again one more time my Darth Vader Premium Format, I hear a little noise like glass breaks, the light saber is off and the light in the base is now turn on.
I see inside the ligthsaber and the glass is broken. I only use the ligt 5 times since i have the product in house.
It's possible too take one??? Pay for one ???? Fix???. I send a mail to Sideshow and waiting for her reply. Anybody sell or fix that ???????? Thanks....

You've gotta be crazy careful with those glass tubes SS uses for the lightsabers. They are incredibly fragile! Anything can easily break that tube, & I mean ANYTHING. I can see it busting by dusting it with a feather duster. Mine arrived broken, in the box! Thankfully SS was quick to replace. I do hope SS can help you out Jamyz.
Once my replacement arrived, & was tested to see if it worked, I popped it out & put in a corner of a display case. I know nothing will hurt it there. I then cut the old broken tube down to inside the lightsaber emitter, & put that on the statue. So now my Vader looks like he's holding his saber unlit.

I wait SS & pixelpiper reply. Maybe the glass is cracked before and i dont see. Maybe buy an ccfl and mold the saber. The red plexi is good... Maybe try it....

Maybe i can create a mold of the ligthsaber. It's easy, a lot of tutorial on youtube. But i need to find a red tube with the topcap round, i don't find in google. I don´t know the internal diameter of the tube and the ccfl. But if all it's correct, maybe i can create one with easy change every time the ccfl broke.
What do you thinks.??

IMG_4925.jpg
IMG_4924.jpg

Still enjoying this. I know a lot of folks don't like the pose, but this is what I see sitting at my desk, and I dig it.

vader.jpg

Can someone tell me the exact dimensions of the figure? I would like to see if it would fit in my collection but want the saber in hand. I would need the overall width (left to right including saber) and depth (front to back) if possible....I find the specs given never are the same on website. Thanks!

All pics look great and congrats to all that have him! It really comes down to this or Kylo.....unless you think a new Kylo will be released soon with light up features

Will a detolf be able to support the weight if I place the statue on top of the detolf? I have the PF Batman (89) and I have no issues.

Will a detolf be able to support the weight if I place the statue on top of the detolf? I have the PF Batman (89) and I have no issues.

I have The 1/6 scale Tauntaun on a Detolf and it's fine. I will say that I've anchored my Detolfs to the wall, which eliminates the possibility of it tipping. That'd be a good idea with any statues on top.

Very nice! This one gets a lot of negative commentary on the board, but I've had mine from the beginning and think it's a great piece. I also have mine displayed above eye level, which I think is critical for the overall look. Congrats.
Really? Seems like a really nice piece to me. And I agree, it does look better at eye level, but space is an issue. I even had to take out my door to make room for the last detolf.

Really? Seems like a really nice piece to me. And I agree, it does look better at eye level, but space is an issue. I even had to take out my door to make room for the last detolf.

People like to complain around here. Looks great displayed like that! What type of lights are those you have aimed up at it?

Back