Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, no kidding!:lol The PF was just a place holder until my IS Vader arrived.

Anyone on the fence better jump now before he hits $600.:lol

When did SS start flipping their own pieces?:rotfl

Hah, was on the fence. Was waiting to see how Legendary turned out, now that it was available to see on youtube. I chose this one, but then.....boom in your face, 30 bucks *****.

I heard they also increased the edition size to 10000. :p

Lq33.gif

It's certainly disappointing that Sideshow have just decided to raise the price for no apparent reason.

I've seen this sort of thing happen in my local Australian store a few times.

For example I saw both the original Superman and Wonder Woman PF pieces each go up by approximately $125 USD between batches. Though I'm guessing it had more to do with our currency devaluing between the original preorder date and batch 2 or 3.

Has anyone called them out on this on social media? I don't have facebook or anything like that, I'd like to see if they'd acknowledge it or even delete the post.

So, I am going for this, but don`t want to buy it directly from SS. Some sort of protest (wich is realy not helping:lol) from my side on their ****** practice! I see BBTS has it still at 499. I can`t find it anymore on Popcultcha (wich I have a account at). Is there any sites based in Europe, that has it at original, original cost?

Didn’t SS raise the price of the Superman PF when stock was low?

Just had my lightsaber fail. Went to turn it on to show to some visiting family. It came on, then a second later we heard a faint 'pop', and the saber died. Battery powered, not wall powered. Has worked great for the past year or so I've had it. Contacted Sideshow about a replacement and got the "it's out of warranty, sorry", then "sorry, we do not sell replacement parts", when asked if it was an option. Anyone know if it's repairable? The cathode tube is broken inside the blade tube.

Just had my lightsaber fail. Went to turn it on to show to some visiting family. It came on, then a second later we heard a faint 'pop', and the saber died. Battery powered, not wall powered. Has worked great for the past year or so I've had it. Contacted Sideshow about a replacement and got the "it's out of warranty, sorry", then "sorry, we do not sell replacement parts", when asked if it was an option. Anyone know if it's repairable? The cathode tube is broken inside the blade tube.

When did you buy it? Seen it has been some trouble with the lights on this.

I was surprised to say the least! Thing hasn't moved in over a year and it's never been bumped or handled aside from the rocker switch on the base. Will be the last time I deal with SSC. It's one thing to be out of warranty, but to not offer parts for individual sale on these things is kinda dumb. You know there's extra parts available due to past "warranty" claims. If I were the dishonest type, I'd definitely buy a new PF, and swap out the blade before returning it...

I was surprised to say the least! Thing hasn't moved in over a year and it's never been bumped or handled aside from the rocker switch on the base. Will be the last time I deal with SSC. It's one thing to be out of warranty, but to not offer parts for individual sale on these things is kinda dumb. You know there's extra parts available due to past "warranty" claims. If I were the dishonest type, I'd definitely buy a new PF, and swap out the blade before returning it...

Unfortunately this is how Sideshow (and others) has been with their pieces with light up for awhile now.

It's why a lot of collectors prefer pieces without light up functions. It can break out of nowhere and it immediately devalues a piece for resale etc.

Will be my last dealing with them. Other small things have built to this decision, but this was the final button needing pushed. Just can't believe they wouldn't anticipate a demand for this part, knowing their apparent fragile nature.

Will be my last dealing with them. Other small things have built to this decision, but this was the final button needing pushed. Just can't believe they wouldn't anticipate a demand for this part, knowing their apparent fragile nature.

That's unfortunate.

But I think it's been like this for a while, if not since the company began. I remember visiting this site 4-5 years ago, and people were already stating that light up functions can and will fail with no chance of replacement for most pieces, unless it was a fairly new piece.

It's amazing at the horrible parts they use in the light up features. I love light up features but when they stop working due to crappy parts it really makes me mad. A cathode won't die very fast especially if it's used very rarely. I've had pc cathodes last a long time with constant use. It's about the quality and when I say that it doesn't mean they have to be expensive. At this points using led's or some other other way of making a light source should be used.

It's amazing at the horrible parts they use in the light up features. I love light up features but when they stop working due to crappy parts it really makes me mad. A cathode won't die very fast especially if it's used very rarely. I've had pc cathodes last a long time with constant use. It's about the quality and when I say that it doesn't mean they have to be expensive. At this points using led's or some other other way of making a light source should be used.

I've got my Darth Vader connected to a remote function, but nowadays I only switch on the light up function by accident when I press switch on all on the remote.

But I think it's sometimes luck of the draw with these things. From various products and manufacturers I've had some general light up functions switched on for 12 hours a day, all year round, and they don't die, and others I've had die almost straight away.

Back