Premium Format Darth Vader Rogue One Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was one o the guys who didn't like the first pictures of Iron Studios Vader, and you can still see my initial post in that particular thread, where I mentioned exactly that. But then I saw in hand pics from various members here and on other boards, and I realized how wrong I was. The statue was fantastic and I definitely needed to get it. And I did, and I have no regrets even if paying more than a US customer for it since I'm in EU. For me and for many others Iron Studios remains the best Vader statue out there. And we also know of people who missed the Iron Studio Vader, and for that reason they became haters...

OMG :woo can you show us some pictures of your Heath Ledger Bust??? thx

Not on this post brotha! It will ruin this ss vader for sure lol! But if you want to send me your phone number on a message. I will send it to you dude!

This piece looks fine, I think. Weird pose and no switch outs hurts it IMO.

But I already have the Mythos, and am very happy with that (better switch outs than the IS, I feel, especially the “Alas, poor Yorick” option.) The Mythos probably the most emotive piece I own, with Anakin looking at his mask. Perfect. The IS is nice for being pretty accurate in sculpt, but to me the switch out with no saber looks like it’s missing something (visually, it’s not balanced well horizontally when there’s no saber and it’s just the cape sweeping off to the side), and the two handed saber grip looks awkward, particularly the overly-twisted-looking right wrist, and the position of the blade gives the impression that Vader is dragging a heavy weapon along with him, not a lightsaber.

To each their own, naturally. Hopefully this piece satisfies a gap in somebody’s collection.

This piece looks fine, I think. Weird pose and no switch outs hurts it IMO.

But I already have the Mythos, and am very happy with that (better switch outs than the IS, I feel, especially the “Alas, poor Yorick” option.) The Mythos probably the most emotive piece I own, with Anakin looking at his mask. Perfect. The IS is nice for being pretty accurate in sculpt, but to me the switch out with no saber looks like it’s missing something (visually, it’s not balanced well horizontally when there’s no saber and it’s just the cape sweeping off to the side), and the two handed saber grip looks awkward, particularly the overly-twisted-looking right wrist, and the position of the blade gives the impression that Vader is dragging a heavy weapon along with him, not a lightsaber.

To each their own, naturally. Hopefully this piece satisfies a gap in somebody’s collection.

Well, say what you want, but after having mythos and seeing this ss one. There can only be one great one, well ECC is pretty cool too, but Is Vader just has it all. I liked the Mythos but talk about a weird pose, I mean come on that one where he is looking at his helmet was way weird to me. However, I did like the Anakin face. Anyways, the IS vader is the grail of all Vaders, but gentle giant and attikus made a good one as well along with ECC. But the hoth base is most impressive and the light up the pose it has like four different poses the stretch forth arm is bade ass, and the saber to the side to me is the best pose in a Vader statue. Most pple who hate it don't own it, I would pick it up if it is available. Anyways, like you said to each their own it is what it is we all have different tastes, but the pose with the saber to the side is by far the most bad ass and doesn't in the least look weird, after all I love hockey to begin with and puts football to shame lol!!!! Oh and just so pple can chill out, it is an opinion, I am not here to change anyone's opinion. Have some thick skin pple!

I reject the idea that “there can only be one great one,” as this is all inherently subjective. It’s probably best to just accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree on what the be-all-end-all Vader statue is.

It’s better this way. If everyone agreed on what was “best,” everyone’s collections would be exactly the same and all “good” releases would sell out within minutes as every collector scrambled to order the same things.

I imagine that not a huge number of collectors will find this particular R1 SS piece to be “the best,” but I’m sure some will. Whatever makes you happy in this hobby, that’s what’s “best” in my view.

I cancelled my exclusive preorder. It looks just ok.. for 700.00 nah. There is too much crap out there anyways.

Well I saw this in person today at Popcultcha Gallery...

I was thinking it might have been one of those ones that translated better in person, but alas, no. It's definitely better in person, but the thing they've totally screwed up is the head - it's looking up too much... far more than the prototype.

This looks pretty good but I just don't like the pose on this. Sorry to say t really does look like a quarterback. Less is more.

Meh

that price and lack of any good accessories is a joke

the lack of a light up saber, something that has been present in 95% of their Jedi/Sith characters is ridiculous.

I managed to get one for $500 shipped off eBay. I agree that it?s retail is overpriced, but at that price point I think it was worth it. The pose really does look a lot better in person and the detail is really good. I?m very satisfied with it.

I managed to get one for $500 shipped off eBay. I agree that it?s retail is overpriced, but at that price point I think it was worth it. The pose really does look a lot better in person and the detail is really good. I?m very satisfied with it.

congrats! hope to see some pics.

Really wish they would have gone with a different pose on this. I'm wanting a good Vader statue and should have pulled the trigger on the IS statue. It's the only one I've liked with the last few over the years.

Really wish they would have gone with a different pose on this. I'm wanting a good Vader statue and should have pulled the trigger on the IS statue. It's the only one I've liked with the last few over the years.

I'm still disappointed about missing out on that one. This Vader is another misfire by Sideshow. Considering they make him so frequently, they can't seem to get him right for some reason. Maybe the next one that they inevitably put out in a year or so will be the one to have.

Back