Premium Format Darth Vader Rogue One Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still disappointed about missing out on that one. This Vader is another misfire by Sideshow. Considering they make him so frequently, they can't seem to get him right for some reason. Maybe the next one that they inevitably put out in a year or so will be the one to have.

I had the is statue but I sold it because the helmet was off...

However the pose can be achieved with the new hot toys figures, whereas the hot toys cannot pose like the sideshow ....

I personally like the rogue one better because it’s just more helmet accurate, and looks fine overall....

Don’t get me wrong, The IS is good ...
my only gripe is the helmet and for me that’s the most important detail for pricey statues...if it was repainted it’d look a zillion times better even if a little off.

I saw this the other day in a collectible store in the mall. The statue is kind of small. And like Demorath said, the helmet looks funky. People did say the pose was odd. Stick with your initial gut feelings if you didint like it because of those concerns. Youre not wrong. lol!

Has arrived for a few days. I like him, better than is. I sold mine last year before christmas and i wanted to buy the LSF but after i saw 1st review i canceled mine.
The only 3 things that was better from the IS one, is the lightsaber, the Movie and the Pose. But overall i prefer the Football Vader before the IS Tennis Vader.

@Stang what is small on him?

Another Review wt IS Tennis Battlefront II Intro

Has arrived for a few days. I like him, better than is. I sold mine last year before christmas and i wanted to buy the LSF but after i saw 1st review i canceled mine.
The only 3 things that was better from the IS one, is the lightsaber, the Movie and the Pose. But overall i prefer the Football Vader before the IS Tennis Vader.

@Stang what is small on him?

Another Review wt IS Tennis Battlefront II Intro

The entire statue. He's definitely not 1/4 scale. Also to note, the paint job is a bit mute. IS Vaders paintjob is top notch. There really is no comparsion.

Looks Nice AllHailMegs! Nice looking collection as well. I have the IS one. This one is good for what it is! I like this SSC Version better than the ROTJ one.

Definitely looks like they half assed this one, the $ amount with no light up saber or any light up accessories is ridiculous too.

IS>>ROTJ PF>>Rogue One PF

I didnt have the ROTJ but thats my favorite Pose and Cape. The RO has the best quality, sculpt and Helmet. IS has the best SW Movie license with ESB and the Lightsaber-blade.
To me cames quality first, thats why RO is my No1. The perfect to me is ROTJ Pose with Cape + RO quality + IS lightsaber.
RO>>IS>>ROTJ last 1 (because plastic helmet and leather, otherwise 1st with resin/poly helmet and cloth)

However the pose can be achieved with the new hot toys figures, whereas the hot toys cannot pose like the sideshow ....

I personally like the rogue one better because it’s just more helmet accurate, and looks fine overall....

my only gripe is the helmet and for me that’s the most important detail for pricey statues...if it was repainted it’d look a zillion times better even if a little off.

exactly!

Yeah definitly the helmet looks like gg sculpt and silver paint is to bright. also the changing options are ridiculous. who displays without lightsaber or with 1 hand on the lightsaber that looks like the sculpt was a fail.

This rogue One just looks better and better the more I see it. Definitely a level above the Iron Studios abomination.

Everyone who see it or has this in person, say the same.

I've seen both in person and definitively do not think the SSC is better. It's better than I thought it would be, but definitely doesn't have the presence or the "weight" of the IS.

It comes down to your own person taste at the end of the day - people like the XM statues, and personally I think they're far too "animated."

Each to their own.

I've seen both in person and definitively do not think the SSC is better. It's better than I thought it would be, but definitely doesn't have the presence or the "weight" of the IS.

It comes down to your own person taste at the end of the day - people like the XM statues, and personally I think they're far too "animated."

Each to their own.

Damn man u see the weight? I get both, sold my is last year, SSC Vader weights more, it feels the Base alone from SSC weights more than the complete IS Statue! It gives a handfull XM Statues i like it or have it, but sideshow is more comic accurate and the 4 SW pieces.... 2 good, 2 fail more comic than movie like

Damn man u see the weight? I get both, sold my is last year, SSC Vader weights more, it feels the Base alone from SSC weights more than the complete IS Statue! It gives a handfull XM Statues i like it or have it, but sideshow is more comic accurate and the 4 SW pieces.... 2 good, 2 fail more comic than movie like

So you like certain statues because they weight more... OK

Everyone who see it or has this in person, say the same.
I've seen it in person and I don't think it looks better than the IS. I don't think it's terrible but definitely not better.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back