Premium Format Darth Vader Rogue One Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how some people love to **** all over the SS Vader statues but get defensive when anybody dares question the IS version. Is it just fashionable to be seen bashing SS products?
I personally just don't get all the statements saying that IS is the "holy grail" etc. It looks ok and the size is impressive but the side-swinging lightsaber pose looks weird and to be honest the cape looks massively oversized (like a spinnaker on a sailing boat, lol).
Agree...
isvad1.jpg

vvad.jpg

It's funny how some people love to **** all over the SS Vader statues but get defensive when anybody dares question the IS version. Is it just fashionable to be seen bashing SS products?
I personally just don't get all the statements saying that IS is the "holy grail" etc. It looks ok and the size is impressive but the side-swinging lightsaber pose looks weird and to be honest the cape looks massively oversized (like a spinnaker on a sailing boat, lol).

Didn't you get the memo when you signed up? If its not Hot Toys, it is a FAIL. The IS Vader is nice and a quality piece, but just awkwardly posed. It is far from a holy grail. I am a huge Vader fan and I sold mine off awhile back. Vader is not a dynamically posed character, his persona exudes best with just his presence. No need to dance or play hockey.

Didn't you get the memo when you signed up? If its not Hot Toys, it is a FAIL. The IS Vader is nice and a quality piece, but just awkwardly posed. It is far from a holy grail. I am a huge Vader fan and I sold mine off awhile back. Vader is not a dynamically posed character, his persona exudes best with just his presence. No need to dance or play hockey.
Vader was very dynamic in Rouge one
vadermovie.jpg

I personaly LOVE the IS Vader.. but frankly said.. if there is one pose I can choose from for my vader.. its this:

C116Vador1_ml.jpg

Not at all its just ss has a bad reputation, and IS has some bad statues as well. However, the way ss rips pple off is unheard of. I was one who got ripped off by them a few times. I won't ever do business with them again! If you want I can tell you how they ripped me off but its a long story, up to you. But them using hallow pieces and plastic crap and say its a collectable is sad!

Not at all its just ss has a bad reputation, and IS has some bad statues as well. However, the way ss rips pple off is unheard of. I was one who got ripped off by them a few times. I won't ever do business with them again! If you want I can tell you how they ripped me off but its a long story, up to you. But them using hallow pieces and plastic crap and say its a collectable is sad!

Hollow bases are always nice, no matter the company making them :p

statues Sideshow with debris in bases.jpg

I personaly LOVE the IS Vader.. but frankly said.. if there is one pose I can choose from for my vader.. its this:

C116Vador1_ml.jpg

I think one of my big hopes in this hobby is that Prime 1 eventually get the SW license. And then give us a Vader in this kind of pose in 1/3.....

I have many Vader statues. Attakus v1, SS Opera singer, Gentle Giant ROTS shorty, a few others, & IS baseball home run hitter (or hockey winning goal shooter).
For years, whatever the Vader piece that came out, I still held the Attakus in the #1 spot. Easily, no questions asked.
Then I got the IS Vader. It is, by far, the best Vader statue I own, & have ever seen.

Reminds me a hell of a lot like this 1/7 Kotobukiya that came out years ago...

Yes, it does! This was my first Vader (well, the older one with the different base). This SS release is better than their last one, but haven't we hit the saturation point on this character?! (rhetorical) The IS version is still the king.

I had the IS...I wound up selling it because I couldn’t get past the helmet sculpt, though whole concept was cool and the body reminds me of the attakus.

The pose was pretty much lifted from the artfx, but that was a smart move especially including optional arms

But the new premium format is pretty damn accurate in terms of sculpt of the hard parts. It’s so much more improved than the previous premium formats, I actually thought it was a New IS, since all the Hoth statue really needed was a more accurate helmet and better proportioned chest plate buttons, but I really don’t mind the buttons.

I might pick this SS premium format up especially since I skipped the last and have the first, least accurate premium format.

I may keep it for comparison ...evolution of sideshows ability to render a great Vader
This Rogue one impressed me quite a bit.

Since we are getting superbly accurate sculpts via hot toys it’s important to nail the helmet and the IS jus fell short of it. Would’ve kept it, but it had already doubled in value and I couldn’t bring myself to open it and spoil it. I had to convince myself I had run out of shelf space...well actually I did too...

I had the IS...I wound up selling it because I couldn’t get past the helmet sculpt, though whole concept was cool and the body reminds me of the attakus.

The pose was pretty much lifted from the artfx, but that was a smart move especially including optional arms

But the new premium format is pretty damn accurate in terms of sculpt of the hard parts. It’s so much more improved than the previous premium formats, I actually thought it was a New IS, since all the Hoth statue really needed was a more accurate helmet and better proportioned chest plate buttons, but I really don’t mind the buttons.

I might pick this SS premium format up especially since I skipped the last and have the first, least accurate premium format.

I may keep it for comparison ...evolution of sideshows ability to render a great Vader
This Rogue one impressed me quite a bit.

Since we are getting superbly accurate sculpts via hot toys it’s important to nail the helmet and the IS jus fell short of it. Would’ve kept it, but it had already doubled in value and I couldn’t bring myself to open it and spoil it. I had to convince myself I had run out of shelf space...well actually I did too...

Dude and I thought I was picky!!! Lol, the IS Vader is bad ass, to each their own but wtf are you talking about the sculpt of the head it looks fine. Good luck with ss they screw their **** up much worse than any other company and I wouldn't be surprise if it was a hollow head. What you said was funny IS Vader doubled in value why do you think that is? Because it is the best Vader on the market. I nit pick at times but I don't have anything bad to say about it. Where as the new RO pf pose looks really bad! Anyways, to each their own! But this piece shouldn't be called RO Vader wtf does it have to do with RO the base is not from the movie at all. Anyways, will see what it looks like in the final product but I am not impressed one bit!

Back