Premium Format Darth Vader Rogue One Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, there’s the odd angle but when viewing it head on with the hand reaching out it looks mean! Wasn’t impressed on the first reveal photo but the more videos and photos I see, it’s looking very impressive.

Agreed that SS promo pic did not do it any favors... In person it is very cool.

I don't quite understand why the IronStudios Vader is getting all the love and this new PF is getting all the hate. Is this pose really so bad? Personally I think the IronStudio pose looks silly. Will be watching this one with great interest.

I don't quite understand why the IronStudios Vader is getting all the love and this new PF is getting all the hate. Is this pose really so bad? Personally I think the IronStudio pose looks silly. Will be watching this one with great interest.

have you ever seen the IS in person ?

Which Iron Studio pose, because there are several to choose from... LOL

This might help explain also why the Iron Studios is what it is - the best Darth Vader statue so far:

2017 Statue of the Year Award - Statue Forum

PP5T7eo.jpg

Quite often, statues I don't love start to grow on me after a few days. This one is having the opposite effect. I didn't like it at first, and the more I see it, the weirder the decision making behind this one seems. Is it really that hard to pose a Vader? The last two PF's have been disappointing. The Iron Studios Vader is in a different league and has very much set the bar that these PF's should be trying harder to reach.

Quite often, statues I don't love start to grow on me after a few days. This one is having the opposite effect. I didn't like it at first, and the more I see it, the weirder the decision making behind this one seems. Is it really that hard to pose a Vader? The last two PF's have been disappointing. The Iron Studios Vader is in a different league and has very much set the bar that these PF's should be trying harder to reach.

this has been mentioned since the old Vader PF came out from Sideshow.. why not simple having standing there like the Attakus1 or similar..that all it needs for vader. If I get the HT version, this is exactly what I would do.

IS is better than any other vader statue made in 1/4 scale. you have to see it in person to truly understand why. I think the pose kicks ass. And the quality is second to none.

IS Vader looks like he is playing field hokey or Lacrosse.

Wish someone would make Vader with his arms crossed....:pray:

IS Vader looks like he is playing field hokey or Lacrosse.

Wish someone would make Vader with his arms crossed....:pray:

You do realize the IS Vader has like two or three different poses right! Not just the saber to the side! Anyways, I own some grail statues and the is Vader is the one statue that pple go to and comment on how bad ass it is. I own two of them, because I liked it so much. Anyways, it can't please everyone though! Peace!

It's funny how some people love to **** all over the SS Vader statues but get defensive when anybody dares question the IS version. Is it just fashionable to be seen bashing SS products?
I personally just don't get all the statements saying that IS is the "holy grail" etc. It looks ok and the size is impressive but the side-swinging lightsaber pose looks weird and to be honest the cape looks massively oversized (like a spinnaker on a sailing boat, lol).

I own 2 Sideshow Premium Format pieces: the ANH Vader, the old one, and the Stormtrooper. They are nice, but Sideshow makes too many compromises to like their stuff that much. I'm an Original Trilogy Imperial collector so I would have bought their other Imperial troopers and Vader. But each and everyone of those had issues with accuracy or weird poses. The pose of this new PF might be ok for the old Koto statue, but they could have chosen a more iconic one from RO.

I own just about every darth vader statue ever made (except the xm and anything larger than 1/4 scale). the IS is in a league to its own. I never thought the attakus v1 would be topped. But it is now #2.

It's funny how some people love to **** all over the SS Vader statues but get defensive when anybody dares question the IS version. Is it just fashionable to be seen bashing SS products?.

Not really, take Sideshows and Iron Studios Kylo Ren statues for example and the opinions are total opposite. Sideshows is pretty good, I bought it and like it. Iron Studios Ren was fairly hideous imo even though it had the odd fan as this new Vader does. Sideshow get plenty of pros when they do good things, just look at the thread for their latest Thor PF for example. This Vader PF just isn't great is all...

The problem is they keep trying to fit real clothing on these things where it isn’t needed.

You can easily sculpt tight fitting clothing on these things and have look just as good or better. Prime1 and others have proved this.

Maybe it has something to do with licensing. Or Sideshow may think it’s the bees knees. Something they originated. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixed media is a staple of Premium formats, it's just what they are. I really like it when it's done well (done well being the key) But it will always be a subjective thing. I loved the mythos Vader also which is fully sculpted.

Another dud from SS imo. Not feeling this at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back