Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks the chev!
yeah its pretty awesome... I'm thinking if I'll get the new PF vader... coz I just find the light up light saber very cool... but before anything else I need to hunt for the obi wan mythos 1st ü

thanks the chev!
yeah its pretty awesome... I'm thinking if I'll get the new PF vader... coz I just find the light up light saber very cool... but before anything else I need to hunt for the obi wan mythos 1st ü

After seeing the early video of the Vader PF, I'm going to say that this is a much better Vader piece. I'll have to wait until the full reveal.

Obi-wan is a must own, and displays nice with Vader.

After seeing the early video of the Vader PF, I'm going to say that this is a much better Vader piece. I'll have to wait until the full reveal.

Obi-wan is a must own, and displays nice with Vader.

Seeing this piece on proper pics revealed, the piece looks better than the video of the PF

On the Saruman PF, I have swapped my regular for the exclusive, need the hand because he is going to be standing next to Sauron, cannot have the palantir hand standing next to Sauron himself, its not going to look right. So keep a look out for updates coming up this month. Star wars updates I am keeping on ice for a while yet

Update. Ended up returning and getting a refund for this. In person the statue just looks too cheap and tacky in my opinion. The orange was way overdone on mine and made the whole thing look gimmicky as opposed to a piece of art (especially on the helmet).

The other thing that looked extremely weird was the helmeted swap out head was far too glossy for the body. It looked like the head was from one statue and the body from another!

Update. Ended up returning and getting a refund for this. In person the statue just looks too cheap and tacky in my opinion. The orange was way overdone on mine and made the whole thing look gimmicky as opposed to a piece of art (especially on the helmet).

The other thing that looked extremely weird was the helmeted swap out head was far too glossy for the body. It looked like the head was from one statue and the body from another!

Thought I add a comment since I no longer will own the Mythos Vader, since I just sold my Mythos.

I like the piece, but because I am getting better statues like the Arkham joker and Batman, the Marquette City Hunter along with the PF Vader and Boba fett, there was no more room for the Mythos, plus keeping the PF format, this piece had to go and I am meeting the buyer in person to give it too him. I like Vader but I do not like having 2 Vaders, one or the other and I would rather the PF vader

Does Sideshow sell the base for this by itself? Mine was broken really bad during a recent move and it has been more than 30 days since I bought it.

Late to the party with this statue, but I just got mine from Sideshow today! I think this is one of the more intriguing Darth Vader statues, and probably wouldn't own any other version of him. I love taking photos of my statues as soon as I set them up, and he is VERY photogenic! My Obi-Wan Mythos statue should be here next week, can't wait to unbox and snap pics of him as well!

4L5PlhZ.jpg

Tried to capture the heat.

hnXKQyI.jpg

Does Sideshow sell the base for this by itself? Mine was broken really bad during a recent move and it has been more than 30 days since I bought it.

Why would 30 days matter? You broke it. They usually don't sell parts, but you can always message them and ask as they do sometimes have extras. Other than that you can try to find a cheap one on eBay and sell the rest to those who may need the other parts.

Work in Progress. There's still a few things I want to do. What would you want to change or add?

Attachments

• IMG_6828.jpg
    IMG_6828.jpg
    728.1 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_6830.jpg
    IMG_6830.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    763.1 KB · Views: 329
Great work repainting JAZZ!!!!

It would be interesting to see someone tackle the base--creating a light up effect in the lava (ie: taking a cast of the lava flow, casting in semi-transparent material with light-up effect) THIS I want to see.

Oh, man - that's a fine looking figure! The Obi Wan Mythos is what got me interested in Sideshow's stuff . . . it's untouchable at the moment, but this one might find a home with me at some point!

-pmk

Well it took me long enough, but given I haven't been blown away by the new PF, I just placed my order for this guy.... Better late than never :)

you should have waited at least until the HT is going up.. XM has one in works as well.. or wait until SSC one is out to check in hand pictures..

you should have waited at least until the HT is going up.. XM has one in works as well.. or wait until SSC one is out to check in hand pictures..

I like this one, don't care what the PF is like in hand as I don't like the base or the pose.

Back