Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just display him on another shelf. That way the scale won't look odd either with all your 1/4 pieces.

That's the problem. I only have one shelf!

87D76F33-AC00-4F85-BCF7-EE5B02B18B83_zpspdzro0mk.jpg

Put the little busts somewhere else and stick Vader in the middle if you don't mind the cross franchise. I couldn't care less myself, looking to my right now I have Vader on top of a detolf looking like the king. And standing beside him is a various mixture of Aliens, Predators and Kaiju....

Put the little busts somewhere else and stick Vader in the middle if you don't mind the cross franchise. I couldn't care less myself, looking to my right now I have Vader on top of a detolf looking like the king. And standing beside him is a various mixture of Aliens, Predators and Kaiju....

Yea, those smaller pieces could probably fit in front of some of the books to help make some space.

I finally received the certificate of authenticity from the collector I bought the statue from.

FIG_081115 009.JPG

Nice but too bad the colors don't actually match those of the statue.

Congrats, looks good. Always liked that display option the most when I still had mine. The holding helmet pose is unique and the selling point of the statue, but I always came back to this. :)

Thank you! Yes, I love how the pose with helmet in hand is unique but in the end it bothers me that he doesn't actually stare at the mask, and I found the naked head is a bit underscale. Not only is there too much room between the collar piece and the jaw/cheeks, but it also appears small compared to the body.

So, most of the time, I have him with his helmet on and closed fist. Pure Lord Vader style. :)

Thank you! Yes, I love how the pose with helmet in hand is unique but in the end it bothers me that he doesn't actually stare at the mask, and I found the naked head is a bit underscale. Not only is there too much room between the collar piece and the jaw/cheeks, but it also appears small compared to the body.

So, most of the time, I have him with his helmet on and closed fist. Pure Lord Vader style. :)

Snap, I loved the helmet in hand look in pictures, but in reality I have found myself leaving him with helmet on and clenched fist since the day I got him.

Here's a pic I just took I'm quite happy with:

I'm actually debating if I should try and sell this Vader to buy the new PF and possibly pair it with Boba Fett PF. I'm also interested in the Sandtrooper PF.

I thought he could stand for Star Wars on his own and I do like him but he's quite a standalone piece in my collection, it fits nowhere really. And no SW piece I'll buy in the future will match this style and scale. And I want to buy more SW pieces. :lol

I'm actually debating if I should try and sell this Vader to buy the new PF and possibly pair it with Boba Fett PF. I'm also interested in the Sandtrooper PF.

I thought he could stand for Star Wars on his own and I do like him but he's quite a standalone piece in my collection, it fits nowhere really. And no SW piece I'll buy in the future will match this style and scale. And I want to buy more SW pieces. :lol

That's why I never got into this line. They look great but 1/5 scale just looks off mixed in with all my 1/4 scale stuff. I don't have any Star Wars stuff right now but will be adding the Darth and Boba PFs.

If you consider selling, I'd be up for it :)

That sounds like ample reason to sell this one. The Mythos statues don't pair that well with other pieces because of the odd scale and the large bases. Unless you plan on buying some of the McQuarrie statues eventually you're probably better off collecting the PFs or something.

That's why I never got into this line. They look great but 1/5 scale just looks off mixed in with all my 1/4 scale stuff. I don't have any Star Wars stuff right now but will be adding the Darth and Boba PFs.

That sounds like ample reason to sell this one. The Mythos statues don't pair that well with other pieces because of the odd scale and the large bases. Unless you plan on buying some of the McQuarrie statues eventually you're probably better off collecting the PFs or something.

Thanks for the pieces of advice. You're making good points. I was expecting the McQuarrie statues but ended not liking them, and I feel like Vader will be revealed in ages, not to mention its release. After seeing the SandTrooper PF, I'm not interested any more, it's a huge disappointement for me.

Now there's still Boba and Vader PFs. Only thing is that I do like the Mythos sculpt, more than Vader PF. Decisions, decisions... :)

If you consider selling, I'd be up for it :)

I'll tell you if I do but I'm not sure you'll be interested as I'm located in France.

Anyway, I had fun taking more pics. I hope you enjoy.

Back