Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Portumac is creator of the helmet that this is cast off of. It looks nice, but it's not accurate (or even close to ROTJ). If you just google portumac vader I'm sure you'll find threads detailing the inaccuracies.

It's still a good looking lid, and some of the problems were fixed (smoothed out lid) and it was fantastic when it came around for the price when you essentially had to choose between rubies or MR (which was expensive). Just now there are more and better options.

Even with the other options available I will still choose this every time....

Presence you just don't get with a helmet alone....

IMG_6794_zps367166a1.jpg

IMG_6751_zps3d3847b3.jpg

a854a9e7-04f4-4cf3-ab54-118ba26265ab_zps2b19b5da.jpg

Same for me, just a shame they couldn't get MR's molded for it.

MR's would have been inaccurate considering Anakin is based off Sebastian Shaw and not Hayden Christensen. SSC should have reached out to Vader experts like Gino when they created this, as they have done for their 1:1 lifesize Vader and Fett.

Just got this from Sideshow concerning the current batch of masks not fitting properly....Looks like I'm getting a replacement mask and not the entire thing...glad I dont have to destroy the entire piece!!!

Thank you very much for your patience. We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order, #*******, has been booked for the – Darth Vader - Mask Only. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship at no cost to you.

Please make sure your replacement part is undamaged once it arrives. If your replacement is acceptable, please follow the direction below to destroy your damaged part within 5 business days. Once completed, please send us photos of the destroyed piece in reply to this email.

If we do not receive your photos, you may be charged for the extra parts.

Please use care and precaution when destroying an item. We ask that you use a blunt instrument to crush your damaged part. Please place the piece in a cloth bag, pillow case, or heavy duty trash bag to contain any flying debris that result from destroying your piece. DO NOT set fire to your collectible or drop it from a high altitude as this may cause bodily harm to yourself, bystanders, private or public property. We also suggest that you protect yourself by wearing eye protection, as well as proper footwear.

Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for any injuries caused by destroying your item, so please make sure you destroy the item in a safe fashion.

We thank you for your cooperation during our returns process. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Gino was with MR then wasn't he? Didn't exactly have a ton of choices then :p Darth ugly wasn't around, or don was out of business? Remember this isn't exactly new :<

Hey guys,

I got my replacement bust yesterday. Unfortunately the mask still does not fit exactly the way it should, but it is still better than what it was. In addition, the Anakin portrait this time around seems to be slightly more menacing. This is awesome because I have decided to display the portrait along with the helmet components.

Although I'm not 100% pleased, this piece is still outstanding and Sideshow's customer service was excellent throughout! I did let Sideshow know about the issue with the new mask, but I have not had a reply yet.

vader21small_zpscf0504fd.jpg
vader24small_zps89be1f40.jpg
vader23small_zpsc8d7b91c.jpg

Got a 10% off coupon and $500 in rewards points...thinking about finally picking this one up. Have the 1:1 Fett Bust and the efx Legend Vader helmet so is this worth the $750 I'd end up paying for this one? Well bad way of asking, of course it is worth $ wise. For some reason I've been delaying picking this one up.

Last edited:
Got a 10% off coupon and $500 in rewards points...thinking about finally picking this one up. Have the 1:1 Fett Bust and the efx Legend Vader helmet so is this worth the $750 I'd end up paying for this one? Well bad way of asking, of course it is worth $ wise. For some reason I've been delaying picking this one up.

You can't use coupon and rewards on one item.

You can't use coupon and rewards on one item.

Hmmmm...if that's the case then I won't be in any hurry.

The only language on the 10% off is this though:
*Discount is only valid on item(s) listed in the 'From Your Cart' portion of this email. Discount does not apply to wait list, out-of-stock, pre-order, or Hot Toys items.

EDIT: Oh I see it in SS's Rewards Terms: Members cannot combine Sideshow Rewards with any other discounts, rebates, coupons, rewards, gift cards, shipping discounts, or site promotions on any one order. Orders will be manually adjusted to reflect only one discount / promotion usage, at Sideshow’s discretion.

Last edited:
yep and wait since my rewards points aren't going anywhere. Gotta get this one day though.

Guys I got the email for the 10% discount for the bust, i went through the whole checkout and next thing you know I get my email invoice, no discount, full price? And its actually the 2 week promo 10% off code on the whole cart. Did I mess up something or the code isnt working cuz this is my first SS purchase.

Guys I got the email for the 10% discount for the bust, i went through the whole checkout and next thing you know I get my email invoice, no discount, full price? And its actually the 2 week promo 10% off code on the whole cart. Did I mess up something or the code isnt working cuz this is my first SS purchase.

Call Sideshow and have your email code handy and they'll fix it.

Back