Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. That's what I paid about 3 years ago and shipping. You get much more than the standard ss bust because the helmet is a separate piece. There are four distinct parts. The body, the head, the dome and the face mask. Large and complex. Very cool

is this the 2nd release of this bust? waiting for it to be shipped

Got my bust today. Absolutely amazing! I can't believe how big it is! I knew Vader was a big dude but he's way bigger than I expected. He makes my Big Chap and Endoskull look tiny in comparison.

I do have a problem though and I'm wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing or not. The right side of the mask doesn't sit down properly. The left side is fine but the right just won't fit together the way it should, no matter how much I move it about. You can see it here.

29RclDh.jpg

Here's a look inside the mask.

TpasSKS.jpg

It's a little hard to see in the picture below but the sides of the mask are different sizes. Are they supposed to be?

Z54tZP6.jpg

Any advice? Is the mask deformed? I'm hoping it's just the mask and I can get a replacement for it without having to box the whole bust up again. It's not noticeable from a distance but at this price point I want it to be perfect, no comprises on this piece.

*EDIT* Just pushed down on the front of the mask and felt it pop into place. Are you supposed to slide it into place instead of just setting it on? The instructions arent very good. Does it ook like it should now?

uAxtB58.jpg

Got my bust today. Absolutely amazing! I can't believe how big it is! I knew Vader was a big dude but he's way bigger than I expected. He makes my Big Chap and Endoskull look tiny in comparison.

I do have a problem though and I'm wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing or not. The right side of the mask doesn't sit down properly. The left side is fine but the right just won't fit together the way it should, no matter how much I move it about. You can see it here.

29RclDh.jpg

Here's a look inside the mask.

TpasSKS.jpg

It's a little hard to see in the picture below but the sides of the mask are different sizes. Are they supposed to be?

Z54tZP6.jpg

Any advice? Is the mask deformed? I'm hoping it's just the mask and I can get a replacement for it without having to box the whole bust up again. It's not noticeable from a distance but at this price point I want it to be perfect, no comprises on this piece.

*EDIT* Just pushed down on the front of the mask and felt it pop into place. Are you supposed to slide it into place instead of just setting it on? The instructions arent very good. Does it ook like it should now?

uAxtB58.jpg

I received mine yesterday as well and I had the same problem. There is a gap between the mask and base, and it feels like it's not fitting into place quite right.....I would like to know as well if there is a "snap" that should be happening OR if it just sits in place.

Hey guys,

I had the same issue with mine. Sideshow made me destroy the entire piece and they're in process of sending me another one. I'm worried this sounds like a batch issue.

It sounds like an issue with the batch to me as mine just sits in flush. No pushing or snapping into place it just fits perfectly. For this price point I would definitely be contacting SS

Darn. I'll have to contact Sideshow then. I let them slide with the Big Chap but not this one. Going to have a hard time destroying it if they make me do so. It's such an amazing bust it would almost be a sin to do so.

Email. They'll want pictures of the problem. This is the page you need.

Returns and Exchanges Form | Sideshow Collectibles

I took the helmet apart earlier and I'm not sure what exactly popped inside, nothing is broken from what I can see but now the mask fits in properly without having to push down on it. I'll give it a thorough look over later this weekend but I think I may be okay now.

Hey guys,

I had the same issue with mine. Sideshow made me destroy the entire piece and they're in process of sending me another one. I'm worried this sounds like a batch issue.

What's this even supposed to mean? I don't see how anyone could destroy something like that...

What's this even supposed to mean? I don't see how anyone could destroy something like that...

What it means is I actually had to take a hammer and destroy all components of this bust. The helmet, mask and torso are fibreglass so they were next to impossible to break. It's actually impressive how resilient they are.

My replacement should be here tomorrow so I'll update you guys on how it turned out.

What it means is I actually had to take a hammer and destroy all components of this bust. The helmet, mask and torso are fibreglass so they were next to impossible to break. It's actually impressive how resilient they are.

My replacement should be here tomorrow so I'll update you guys on how it turned out.

I'm not sure if I'd have the heart to do that HAHA

I'm not sure if I'd have the heart to do that HAHA

I was really heartbroken to do it. I actually had to confirm with my rep twice to make sure I got the instructions right.

I contacted Sideshow this morning via email...we will see what happens :(

I'm pretty sure they'll do something to help you. The mask on mine was actually warped slightly. I noticed it when the tusks weren't quite lining up properly. When you place the mask on a hard, flat surface, you'll see that one side is raised higher than the other.

Not sure what is going on with recent QC but SSC had problems with the new 1:1 Endoskull teeth and now this (to mention just 2 items I know about).

This is a pretty impressive bust. Wish it was more accurate though, the Portumac helmet was not Sideshow's best choice to recast alas...

Not sure what is going on with recent QC but SSC had problems with the new 1:1 Endoskull teeth and now this (to mention just 2 items I know about).

This is a pretty impressive bust. Wish it was more accurate though, the Portumac helmet was not Sideshow's best choice to recast alas...

What's a Portumac? The helmet looks pretty accurate I thought. It's supposed to be the Jedi version of Vader.

Back