Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cannon doesn't mean anything when it comes to entertainment, DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc... They've change it lots of times from their comics to their books to their animated movies to the big screen movies. To ***** and moan over age discrepancy is a bit over the top IMO.

They modeled Shaak Ti after the Video game, so their was precedent for the way they depict her in the statue. It's not like they made it up from thin air. Also from what I've read her age is never given so all your "calculating" is based on pure speculation and assumptions. Far as you know the person who created her made her a Jedi Master at the age of 20. :dunno

Fair enough. But Star Wars has always been different from those other franchises in that a consistent cannon has always been kept. And yes I'm speculating on Shaak Ti's age but lets be honest she is pretty old. There was precedent for the way they did her statue, I just did not like said precedent is all. They did do a great job with the statue.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to post "drama." The discussion board is about Talon and I was expressing how frustrating it is with her specifically. I'm more than capable of understanding how the collectible game works, but I felt I was justified in leveling a large criticism of Sideshow and various collectors. I wasn't trying to say people should only buy what I want them to, but as a fan of the character of Talon it is annoying to see the prices where they are. I can live without the statue. I was merely posting in the Talon thread explaining that I could not spend 1k or more on a PF and that was the only reason I won't buy her.

I love everything Star Wars, and most everything Sideshow does. But on the front of Shaak Ti I was not happy with the direction they went and why, so I said so. Nothing wrong with criticism.

Lastly, Asajj. It isn't just about her character. It's the Clone Wars series in general that infuriates me. I see no problem in presenting my view of it since I seem to be the only one here who it really bothers. Again my rant was aimed at Filoni and co. not anyone here.

Those few things are probably the only things about Star Wars I could complain about. I love Star Wars. I love Sideshow. I love the Boards here. I'm not trying to start "drama". I'm expressing my view, which on these issues is very negative. It's not as if I am attacking any one here (Which I would never do). I love you guys!

Ok so, we cool? How about a hug? :1-1:

I somewhat get what you are saying but there is no way to justify the fact that you are critiquing people and the company based on the fact that they are spending their hard earned money on something that looks cool and you feel left out. Even if they had no connection to the character what's the problem with them buying one? They earned it and it's their privilege. You also can't get mad at Sideshow for trying to make money, last I remembered they were a business, and businesses do that occasionally. I get that you want certain things but you can't pitch a fit when everything doesn't go your way. No offense.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

987761_o.gif

I somewhat get what you are saying but there is no way to justify the fact that you are critiquing people and the company based on the fact that they are spending their hard earned money on something that looks cool and you feel left out. Even if they had no connection to the character what's the problem with them buying one? They earned it and it's their privilege. You also can't get mad at Sideshow for trying to make money, last I remembered they were a business, and businesses do that occasionally. I get that you want certain things but you can't pitch a fit when everything doesn't go your way. No offense.

You're right, people have every right to spend their hard earned money on whatever they want. You'll find the angry expletive filled parts of any of my rants :lol were about the clone wars and something really bad I think sideshow does. I think my critique at sideshow is justified but my complaining of people buying the statue was not meant to be as malicious as it came out even though it does bug me a bit. It wasn't meant to be a fit. (Correction, my rage over the clone wars was a legitimate fit :lol) I don't like how sideshow decides on projects sometimes and I think that is fair. But again you're right. Aiming criticism at PEOPLE for buying something with their hard earned money was wrong and I only mentioned it because it played into my critique of sideshow.

For that, I'm sincerely sorry. So NOWWW can we hug it out? :1-1:

Oh and I saw you were able to sell your Yoda PF on rebel scum. Picking up any good pieces with that cash?

And for the record I still have no earthly idea what that dancing gif is supposed to mean Centurion. :lol

You're right, people have every right to spend their hard earned money on whatever they want. You'll find the angry expletive filled parts of any of my rants :lol were about the clone wars and something really bad I think sideshow does. I think my critique at sideshow is justified but my complaining of people buying the statue was not meant to be as malicious as it came out even though it does bug me a bit. It wasn't meant to be a fit. (Correction, my rage over the clone wars was a legitimate fit :lol) I don't like how sideshow decides on projects sometimes and I think that is fair. But again you're right. Aiming criticism at PEOPLE for buying something with their hard earned money was wrong and I only mentioned it because it played into my critique of sideshow.

For that, I'm sincerely sorry. So NOWWW can we hug it out? :1-1:

Oh and I saw you were able to sell your Yoda PF on rebel scum. Picking up any good pieces with that cash?

And for the record I still have no earthly idea what that dancing gif is supposed to mean Centurion. :lol

We're good now bro. :cool: I used that cash plus the cash from my Shaak Ti to fund a BiB Spidey Comi and some new preorders. Worked out nicely!

I am not planning on displaying both. Actually bought a lot of 15 pieces but only planning on keeping 3 pieces. PF Slave Leia, PF Jedi Luke, and Hot Toys T-800 from the first movie.

As far as a great price goes. Paid $2,100.00 for the lot of 15 items. If you divide that evenly I paid $140.00 for Talon :)

Maul Mechanical Legs is not in the pic!

Wow!!! You scored a very sweet deal!!! If you are looking to offload Darth Talon for a good price please let me know, I would be super interested :)

Hmm that's a nice buy.
I've all (32 pieces) the SW PFs so far...
I'm only looking for the Slave Leia and Boba Fett.

wow !! make sure these are not empty boxes !! :D

But damn.. that was a steal !

Back