Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shaak Ti doesn't look middle age to me. :)

I know she was on several episodes of The Clone Wars, she was in charge of the cloning facility

correct! she is also in the lost missions for the first few episodes. they did a spectacular job with her in the clone wars. her, ahsoka, sing, secura, and ventress were all phenomenal! :clap

correct! she is also in the lost missions for the first few episodes. they did a spectacular job with her in the clone wars. her, ahsoka, sing, secura, and ventress were all phenomenal! :clap

Ventress?! They took her awesome story and retconned it with a shallower story aimed at kids. Dave Filoni and his crew the *******s that they are have no respect for anyone else's work in the franchise even if it is completely superior to theirs. Thanks for retconning my favorite Star Wars story ever told *** hats!

I mean seriously. This show was the first time there was any ever direct and intentional retcons in the star wars lore. It has always been kept together as one smooth universe until Filoni and his crew ****ed cannon so badly even Leland Chee doesn't know what to do. (That's the guy in charge of maintaining a smooth cannon)

Ugh. As an eu fan if I had to go into all of the reasons I despise that show we'd be here forever. She may have looked a bit younger in the show, but in the films and EU she's always been middle aged. And even though its never specified exactly we have an idea. We can even use Obi-Wan for reference. He was 36 at the time of his ascension to the council and he was considered YOUNG for that. The fact that she's a master by episode 1 when he's still a padawan and on the council by episode 2 means she's probably AT LEAST 40 by episode 3 when Obi-Wan is on the council with her. And then she doesn't die for 16 more years. She was like 66 at the time of her "sexy statue." She was technically a senior for ****s sake!

All I know is I enjoyed The Clone Wars :pfft:

Last edited:
iDmurQZ9WvF37.gif

That's fine that you enjoyed the Clone Wars. That doesn't change the fact that The Clone Wars came second and should be secondary cannon. I find Filoni and co. despicable.

Just because you don't follow the EU doesn't make it less a part of Star Wars and dismissing it as you do isn't fair to other fans. Your personal consumption does not dictate canon.

And my point was that if the Clone Wars portrays Shaak Ti as young (Which I don't think it really does) then it's contradictory to every other appearance of the character ever. What brought that up was that sideshow sexed up a character for a statue even though she's literally a senior by the point the story it's based on is supposed to take place. Having to make EVERY female character "hot" demeans women. When sideshow can't produce a strong female character like Shaak Ti without making it about her boobs and other parts it's sad. Is that all female characters are supposed to be? Eye candy?

Swift, youre obviously bothered that the events of republic and subsequent clone wars were changed. As annoying as it was, would you have rather had nothing at all? How were they supposed to utilize any of the characters in the clone wars era without stepping on a few toes. Considering what they had to work with, the '08 clone wars show was a masterpiece. Someone told you to make a show from 22-19 bby without adding anything new, yet changing any existing lore, you think you could do it? Who gives a shot that grevious didnt kill adi gallia... or that they used bariss has a plot device instead of another chump killed in order 66. I was happy with 6 years of additional star wars content...
No disrespect, but Ive read 20 books that are about to whipped clean with the new trilogy, **** happens

I am ok with most post ROTJ material going to continue with films. Hopefully they will adapt parts of those stories into the films. But with the clone wars they could have very easily gotten around established cannon and used the characters. All of the contradictions could have easily been avoided. Like killing Adi Gallia. That intereferes with my favorite star wars story ever. Why would they do that? If they wanted to have Savage kill a council member to show he's dangerous how about Eeth Koth? They brought him back from the dead without stepping on any toes and then he never got an ending for his character. Simple.

Barriss Offee: Completely destroyed her character. It made zero sense. Could have been done with any jedi. Original character, someone without a clear fate.

Asajj Ventress: The most egregious of all: You can use the character without changing her story COMPLETELY. Write stories that include her. Literally the ONE thing they had to do to keep obsession was have her in Dooku's service at the end of the series. They could do pretty much anything. They had literally ONE restraint. THAT'S IT. And they said, "Hey look at this awesome story that's completely superior to anything we'll ever do. Let's get rid of it!"

Morriband: I mean WTF?! They slightly changed the name of Korriban for no reason other than to have a contradiction. It's the same freaking planet! They literally went out of their way to make a problem. This type of crap is why I hate The Clone Wars.

Edit: I just wanted to add that, frankly, if I had a say on the series I would have very easily been able to keep the cannon in tact and come up with good stories.

Ugh, was hoping that you didn't catch my post. I respect any star wars fan who expresses any amount of passions for what I love, but it sounded like you want to argue for the sake of it. My point was as time goes on, continuity has to change if youre to reuse events in a fixed time line, that simple.
Even Lucas shot himself in the foot time and time again with his own universe

I hope I don't sound like I'm arguing just for the sake of it. I'm angry at the people behind the Clone Wars (And a little annoyed at sideshow) not you guys! :wink1: While I imagine we can all agree on just about everything regarding how awesome star wars is, I feel very strongly about this issue. I understand what you're saying about reusing timelines/events. But this wasn't reusing, it was blatantly ignoring previous work. If they adapted it and kept the general story the same that would be ok. But taking a great work and trampling over it for no reason is silly.

And don't worry, I saw you edited your post and that you clearly did not mean to come across rudely. I should hope that my expletive filled rants aimed at Filoni and co. did not come off as if I was trying to be rude to you guys. :hi5:

OK I got my anger out. I'm ready for hugs all around. If you're not that touchy feely we can just shake hands or something.

yep same here. i have especially been enjoying the hell outta the lost missions. very happy to see filoni back with rebels and look forward to more epic story telling like we got with the clone wars.

I bought mine for $350 a year ago. (But I did read the Legacy, by the way). :)

Just wanted to throw it out there to annoy you all! ;)

Seriously, it's worth keeping an eye out, still. You never know what might pop up, or who the seller is.

Why do you always post so much drama? Just deal with it...You were late to the collectable game like many others and couldn't wrap your hands around certain statues without paying some money. It's part of the desirability of collectables. Get over it. Shaak Ti, Asajj Ventress, Darth Talon. What's next for your ranting cycle? Aurra Sing?

She's such a great statue but I can't bring myself to buy her. The things I could buy for $1000 or more...I just can't do it. First of all, the price annoys me because not many people were fans of the character previously. She's just a half naked sith and people jumped all over it. I can say pretty confidently more people who own her never read "Legacy" than did. As a fan of the series and the character it should have been a great piece for me. But people are apparently obsessed with sexy aliens. No matter how well made the statue is that bugs me as someone who liked the character before I knew about the statue. Sideshow knows sex sells too. That's why they took one of my favorite (Mostly) EU characters, Shaak Ti, and chose to do a sexed up version of her from the Force Unleashed. Now I love the Force Unleashed. It's one of my favorite Star Wars stories, but taking away Shaak Ti's awesome robes to try and sex up a freaking middle aged woman was a flaw in my eyes. Probably the only one I could find. But it was small and it certainly didn't bother me too much. What bothered me was when sideshow did the sexed up version of a great character, even though she's a middle aged woman, so they could sell it to the lowest common denominator. Same reason they did Aayla instead of any other jedi. Now don't get me wrong I like Aayla and hope to add her to my collection soon. Her and Quinlan Vos' story along with Obi-Wan and Asajj's story were the best things about the Dark Horse Clone Wars series. She's another great character. But we all know she was produced instead of other jedi because they could sell her to the (Once again) lowest common denominator.

Now I still like Talon. And I would likely consider purchasing her at some point (Ignore my sig, I can't figure out how to change it on the new site) if not for the fact that she likely won't be cannon any more, at least I would assume so with the new movies and the story group. As a die hard EU fan I'm ok with cutting the later post ROTJ material to make new movies because it could mean adapting parts of many of those stories in a better storytelling format for a bigger audience. But I can't bring myself to plop down 1k plus for a character that may not be cannon anymore.

Now I should say, there are some people, like DarthChris, who found out about the character, researched legacy, enjoyed it, and then purchased the statue. The problem isn't star wars fans like him. It's the fanboys with alien sex fantasies driving the price up and it bugs the heck out of me. I like Legacy enough that I would probably still pay the price of any other PF on the secondary market for her despite the retcon of Legacy, but not $1000.

If there's anything to take away from my little rant, it's that I wish sideshow would be more brave with their character choices and design. Doing a real Shaak Ti statue even though her body is completely covered up, for example, would have been so great.

I should also say that Shaak Ti was one of my first statues as she's one of my favorite characters and the statue is one of Sideshow's best Star Wars pieces. Shaak Ti is better than no Shaak Ti after all. Perhaps it isn't the best example since the sexed up statue came out so great, but my point still stands as to why they did it. It's a continuation of a bad trend.

They should look at Asajj. One of there earlier Star Wars PFs. A completely covered up female character who now fetches a higher price than most Star Wars PFs. People will buy characters they like Sideshow. They don't have to be naked. The comic/novel incarnation is my personal favorite star wars character and that's the version you based the PF on. That's why I bought it, and that's why it's my favorite statue. That's what needs to be considered when developing products. Good characters and character design. Not which female is "hottest." It makes it look like you see female characters as nothing but eye candy, which is shameful.

/end

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

I think ventress is a good example of how awful something would look covered in robes (Traditional Shaak Ti outfit) The version they chose for Shaak Ti was perfect IMO.

Back to Talon, yes very jealous at everyones good deals. I will continue to search for her never going to pay more than £400 for her. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen.

That's fine that you enjoyed the Clone Wars. That doesn't change the fact that The Clone Wars came second and should be secondary cannon. I find Filoni and co. despicable.

Just because you don't follow the EU doesn't make it less a part of Star Wars and dismissing it as you do isn't fair to other fans. Your personal consumption does not dictate canon.

And my point was that if the Clone Wars portrays Shaak Ti as young (Which I don't think it really does) then it's contradictory to every other appearance of the character ever. What brought that up was that sideshow sexed up a character for a statue even though she's literally a senior by the point the story it's based on is supposed to take place. Having to make EVERY female character "hot" demeans women. When sideshow can't produce a strong female character like Shaak Ti without making it about her boobs and other parts it's sad. Is that all female characters are supposed to be? Eye candy?

Cannon doesn't mean anything when it comes to entertainment, DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc... They've change it lots of times from their comics to their books to their animated movies to the big screen movies. To ***** and moan over age discrepancy is a bit over the top IMO.

They modeled Shaak Ti after the Video game, so their was precedent for the way they depict her in the statue. It's not like they made it up from thin air. Also from what I've read her age is never given so all your "calculating" is based on pure speculation and assumptions. Far as you know the person who created her made her a Jedi Master at the age of 20. :dunno

Why do you always post so much drama? Just deal with it...You were late to the collectable game like many others and couldn't wrap your hands around certain statues without paying some money. It's part of the desirability of collectables. Get over it. Shaak Ti, Asajj Ventress, Darth Talon. What's next for your ranting cycle? Aurra Sing?

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to post "drama." The discussion board is about Talon and I was expressing how frustrating it is with her specifically. I'm more than capable of understanding how the collectible game works, but I felt I was justified in leveling a large criticism of Sideshow and various collectors. I wasn't trying to say people should only buy what I want them to, but as a fan of the character of Talon it is annoying to see the prices where they are. I can live without the statue. I was merely posting in the Talon thread explaining that I could not spend 1k or more on a PF and that was the only reason I won't buy her.

I love everything Star Wars, and most everything Sideshow does. But on the front of Shaak Ti I was not happy with the direction they went and why, so I said so. Nothing wrong with criticism.

Lastly, Asajj. It isn't just about her character. It's the Clone Wars series in general that infuriates me. I see no problem in presenting my view of it since I seem to be the only one here who it really bothers. Again my rant was aimed at Filoni and co. not anyone here.

Those few things are probably the only things about Star Wars I could complain about. I love Star Wars. I love Sideshow. I love the Boards here. I'm not trying to start "drama". I'm expressing my view, which on these issues is very negative. It's not as if I am attacking any one here (Which I would never do). I love you guys!

Ok so, we cool? How about a hug? :1-1:

Back