Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$520 American ($680 Canadian plus shipping and taxes) for no light up, no COH, boring base, no cape, lame EX...and a product weight of 6 lbs

6 freaking lbs !!!...lmao

bye bye Sideshow

$520 American ($680 Canadian plus shipping and taxes) for no light up, no COH, boring base, no cape, lame EX...and a product weight of 6 lbs

bye bye Sideshow

Hi hear you brother! I stopped collecting a while back even before these prices. I still get the odd piece, but not many. Prices have been out of whack for a while now and I hear more and more people saying they are getting out of the hobby. Almost $800 CDN to our door when it's all said and done for a knick-knack LMAO

bye bye Sideshow

I didn't even notice that. But weight of these PFs is a big issue for me, especially at these increasing prices. I was on the verge of preordering the Adam West Batman when I noticed it weighs 8.5 pounds. Even though Sideshow said it's poly, it's got to be hollow to weigh that little. I passed on it.

a985bf0267079fb8ff43f81ae505f96a.jpg

5a0d8ed5f5367196589ed65c94489439.jpg

1af70aa6349f4f6d61286967ddcfb07d.jpg

Where's the swap out "yawn, so bored" head?

Shipping should be cheap due to weight.

Shipping is based on box dimensions, not actual weight, unless they ship with postal service - but Sideshow doesn't. They use FedEx or UPS (not USPS).
Either the weight is wrong on the website or this has to be PVC. Even considering Maul's small size, there is no way that a 1:4 body + base can weight 6lbs if cast in resin, smaller female PFs like Scarlet Witch and Asajj have bodies that weight 7-8lbs (just the bodies).
6lbs is more in line with Hot Toys 1:4 figures, their Iron Man's body weights about 7lbs, just the body, and it's bigger than Maul, so it seems to fit.

View attachment 268163

This is the kind of pic that really pisses me off now with Kylo and Maul. :mad:

Because the saber looks like it lights up? If so, I totally agree. You can doctor the background all you want, but don't make the product look like something it isn't, especially when it is a feature people would expect to be included. I am a lawyer and I do a bit of consumer class action defense, and I have to say that images like this are borderline fraudulent.

Because the saber looks like it lights up? If so, I totally agree. You can doctor the background all you want, but don't make the product look like something it isn't, especially when it is a feature people would expect to be included. I am a lawyer and I do a bit of consumer class action defense, and I have to say that images like this are borderline fraudulent.

Borderline being key. They covered their asses with the tiniest "lighting added for effect"
You know a company has your back when they talk to compliance about how far they push push the BS without getting sued.

I pre ordered without hesitation. I love the museum look and pose.
Light up functions mean absolutely nothing to me. Payment plans don't start coming out until November. Win win.

Light up functions mean absolutely nothing to me. Payment plans don't start coming out until November. Win win.

More people are upset at the price than the light up feature.

Congrats though! I think you're the 1st person in this forum who has posted saying they ordered it. Lol

Borderline being key. They covered their asses with the tiniest "lighting added for effect"
You know a company has your back when they talk to compliance about how far they push push the BS without getting sued.

I didn't even realize that was there until you said it. :lol

Damn, what the hell happened with the Sideshow Collectibles name/brand? :rotfl

wow wee....this is the sort of thing SS loves to hear. you just called getting bent over a barrel and shown the 50 states a win-win. my god man. pull up your pants already.

Haha. I felt it was obvious when reading the preview that there would be no lighting effect... They typically brag about the light up saber. No brag, no light up. That simple.

This talk about "borderline being sued" is a bit overreached haha

Back