Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you pull them out, it won't look right. They separate pretty close to his hand on both sides.
7f039759fa309cb57bf4d175358bc044.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ah shoot, okay thanks for clarifying. :duff
If you could find even just one of the blades for cheap, I can't imagine it would be hard to remove the pole and fill/paint the end to look like an unlit lightsaber.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was able to do that with an extra saber piece I had, and it's tricky. The light itself is seeded inside the saber piece pretty far, so you can't simply just pull it out. And I was able to very slowly wiggle it out and pull the wiring out with it, but the neck of the saber is thick. The light piece is glued throughout that thick part, plus there's a chance that the thick piece can snap off with the bulb if you're too forceful with it - which also happened to me. So take your time =)

And once it's out, there's really no need to paint or fill the hole, imo. The hole is deep enough without the light inside that it naturally casts a shadow and looks like an un-ignited saber anyways.

One of the best pieces Sideshow has done.

Too bad they didn't put the same effort into their most recent pics, like they did with this one. Simple museum pose that works, great light up sabers and holds a great presence in the collection.

Back