Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most boring version of Maul, no light up, and on top of that they want $520? No thank you.

God I can't even imagine what they would try to charge for the Obi Mythos, Darth Talon PF, or the Shaak Ti PF today. The base of Shaak Ti alone would make be unbelievable with their new/current pricing.

Willing to wait on in-hand pictures of this if anyone's crazy enough to get it before passing any final judgement, but it's not looking good.

Heck I'd have gone with a 1/4 scale of the LS maul (pose, facial sculpt and maybe a better sized lightsaber), but this looks boring. Sure, it's taken out of the movie from that epic battle on Naboo which explains the boring base, and sure he didn't have his cloak by that stage nor was he actually displaying much facial expression, but all that being said, it should have contributed to a lower price. SS increased it instead. That's very unfair to us collectors and in every way reflective on how they price their statues: price just keeps going up up up for no reason whatsoever apart from greed.

As for light-up feature, if they could do it with Savage Oppress (?) then I'm sure they could do it with Maul. Kylo I understand cos his cross-guard is just weird, a shame but understandable. This one, they've done it before with success, they'd sure as hell better include it.

Loved the pose, but with no cloak and what appears at this time to be no light up I'll pass at $520. That's an insane price for this piece.

ok..he is up.. NO free shipping.. nothing.. I might would have bit with free shipping offer.. but nope.. I pass.. See yah SSC

ok..he is up.. NO free shipping.. nothing.. I might would have bit with free shipping offer.. but nope.. I pass.. See yah SSC

Same. Free shipping probably would have been the difference for me. I haven't heard of a single person who is buying this.

Same. Free shipping probably would have been the difference for me. I haven't heard of a single person who is buying this.

me neither.. and I hope this finally fires back at SSC and they wake up.

This guy going to be cheaper somewhere later when released for sure.. and cause the ex is a joke.. the regular for $450 shipped is def. happening in a year

me neither.. and I hope this finally fires back at SSC and they wake up.

You, me, and a bunch of others on this board. At least with Kylo they offered double reward points and free shipping I think. I mean, don't get me wrong, Kylo is WAY overpriced, but they at least tried to give people something small to entice them to PO.

Still looks really nice, still not buying it unfortunately.

I wonder what the future will bring, sales have to be way down on these? Normally for a character like this you'd be seeing page after page of "ordered" for days on end. What have we seen, two people planning to order this from two large forums. It's not good.

Was gonna buy it but $520 and no free shipping. That's a no go for me. Sorry ****show... I mean sideshow

This time next year I will have all my rewards points and I might get the regular with those points. He's worth the $300 it would cost then.

I wonder what the future will bring, sales have to be way down on these? Normally for a character like this you'd be seeing page after page of "ordered" for days on end. What have we seen, two people planning to order this from two large forums. It's not good.

Agreed. It seems they could've taken a lot of angles and had more success. They could've 1) Included a switch out portrait and a cloak (at minimum); 2) Added double rewards points and free shipping; 3) Brought the same statue forward for $400-450. I think any of those options would've had many more people biting on this one. What's double reward points on this, an extra 10 bucks? But it helps ease the pain a bit...

Maybe they're doing this on purpose so they could say to the board that there's "no demand" for premium format and kill the line.

I was actually VERY surprised to see this was the price. There must be a lot of cost into soft goods or something, especially if this costs more than Vader who does light up and have a huge base. Of course there's always cost cuts at larger quantities so there's that to consider, too.

No go for me, though. Didn't matter what it was going to cost either. Great piece,but I don't have any EpI stuff.

I was just talking about this with someone else. I don't ever see pages of people writing "ordered" anymore. All I see now is "maybe down the road" or "I'll wait for a coupon."

Back