Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is SO weird. It looks absolutely NOTHING like the prototype they showed off at SDCC last year. Where he was shirtless and had these cool looking arm guards with his double bladed saber. That looked AWESOME!!!

This looks just like generic boring Maul.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the prototype SS showed off last year.

L32blWd.jpg

I really like the preview. If it lights up and isn't outrageously priced I'll probably PO it.

Love the non action pose. May pick this up. It's gonna be expensive because all PFs are now.

This is SO weird. It looks absolutely NOTHING like the prototype they showed off at SDCC last year. Where he was shirtless and had these cool looking arm guards with his double bladed saber. That looked AWESOME!!!

This looks just like generic boring Maul.

It's probably because Disney is cracking down on all "non-canon" statues and they only want what is canon going forward.

I actually love the look of this and was considering getting the old PF. I'll take this one in a heart beat. I love museum looking pieces.

Head sculpt looks great, I'm excited to see the whole thing. Also curious to see what the edition size will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll be around $550 is my guess. Way overpriced and he'll have a massive ES due to his popularity. I do like the pose, I'll give SS credit there. I would hope to see the Ex as a single-bladed battle-damaged lightsaber, but doubt that happens.

From the low angle of the promo shot, the expression looks kind of meh imo. I hope it looks better on the product photos.

Looks great so far, hope hes standing on some sort of terrain that looks like it would have been from the movies. :pray:

I know it's great!

If by "great" you mean boring, generic, and like every other Maul statue. Then sure it's great.

It's probably because Disney is cracking down on all "non-canon" statues and they only want what is canon going forward.

Yeah, but this was announced WELL after the fact that we heard from SS about Disney wanting to get away from the non-canon statues. That's why a bunch of us were excited. Could have been from a new comic, book, etc.

I really like Maul...but not episode 1 Maul. That was literally the worst version of his character. If you want to call him a character in that movie. He was more like...a cool looking henchman with a neat lightsaber. It wasn't until the clone wars, and Rebels that he became a really good character.

I usually prefer abstract statues, but i guess maul could get away with museum poses. Its a buy if this screams "darth maul"; menacing, confident and strong. Likely SS would charge >$450 for this, so it has to have a nice and appropriate base and a lighted saber

Sent from my SM-G925F

If by "great" you mean boring, generic, and like every other Maul statue. Then sure it's great.

Yeah, but this was announced WELL after the fact that we heard from SS about Disney wanting to get away from the non-canon statues. That's why a bunch of us were excited. Could have been from a new comic, book, etc.

I really like Maul...but not episode 1 Maul. That was literally the worst version of his character. If you want to call him a character in that movie. He was more like...a cool looking henchman with a neat lightsaber. It wasn't until the clone wars, and Rebels that he became a really good character.
I agree. His character really fleshed out in CW and Rebels and thats the definitive Maul for me. The reason why I still dont have a maul statue; trying to find the mech maul for a good price
I'll hold judgement for this piece till we get the whole picture

Sent from my SM-G925F

If by "great" you mean boring, generic, and like every other Maul statue. Then sure

Mech maul, mythos maul, PF maul all have dynamic/semi dynamic poses. Even LSF maul has him doing something. Idk what other statue mauls you've seen with museum poses, unless you mean some kotobukiya stuff or whatever.

Also, maul is dead to me after EP1 so there you go. Maul was much better to me as a silent, mysterious, determined evil killer like EP1 and a book or two fleshed him out to be. Not everyone needs some crazy back story...mystery and allure are a rare thing these days.

No. :lol

Also, maul is dead to me after EP1 so there you go. Maul was much better to me as a silent, mysterious, determined evil killer like EP1 and a book or two fleshed him out to be. Not everyone needs some crazy back story...mystery and allure are a rare thing these days.
Well said.

Though it was nice seeing him in Clone Wars, I hated what they did with him. Gave him all these generic villain personality traits and the whole Savage Opress thing was dumb beyond belief.

Maul is stoic. He's silent, he's deadly, and he's incredibly focused and determined. He's pure Sith energy channeled into a living body.

Now he has a brother, he cares for his brother, he has all these natural emotions and all that bull ****.

Back