Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really bothers me that this larger scale is supposed to be more detailed, yet the only part that needs paint (the head) has flaws on the prototype.

The other thing I just don't like is how it's supposed to be him preparing for the upcoming confrontation. But Maul was cool and collected, even in a meditative state before the doors open. The hand pose is not working for me either. Maybe there can be an exclusive that has a switch out hand in a fist or something?

I want to like this so bad, but at $2K, there shouldn't be anything not to like, and the prototype should be flawless.

If they fix the head, lightsaber, I might get it. Give him an alternate hand on top of it, it will be hard to say no.

Dumb question for a newbie who only owns the Life-Size C-3PO bust.

How big is this thing? 1:2 to me means, half of real-life. But the guy is holding the heal sculpt in his hand.

So, is it about 3 feet tall? Is there a picture of anyone standing next to one at the comic con show? Thanks in advance

Yep your head if it was half it's size would be that big, and these will be around 3 feet tall give or take.

It really bothers me that this larger scale is supposed to be more detailed, yet the only part that needs paint (the head) has flaws on the prototype.

The other thing I just don't like is how it's supposed to be him preparing for the upcoming confrontation. But Maul was cool and collected, even in a meditative state before the doors open. The hand pose is not working for me either. Maybe there can be an exclusive that has a switch out hand in a fist or something?

I want to like this so bad, but at $2K, there shouldn't be anything not to like, and the prototype should be flawless.

If they fix the head, lightsaber, I might get it. Give him an alternate hand on top of it, it will be hard to say no.

I have to agree with you on all counts. The paint on the head needs to be corrected, the lightsaber is way oversized and the hand pose just looks weird to me. I really would love to have a 1:2 Maul in my collection, but at Sideshow's price point for this piece it needs to be 100% perfect.

This looks good, but I agree with the hand issue. His hand articulated as it is, just doesn't mesh with the quiet, calm terror vibe that Maul gave off in the film. The piece is interpreting Maul in a different way than the movie portrayed.

It will cost Sideshow $200.00 to make it tops, the rest is profit. If you think about it we are really just paying for a Legendary Scale bust with fabric and a sculpted boot (Darth Maul) does anyone know if the body is even sculpted, I mean well enough that you can take off his robe? If not maul sounds like a rip off. for $2000.00 everything better be sculpted, fabric can't be that expensive now a days can it?

I hope Sideshow is not trying to pull a fast one on us again

t800swimsuiteditiona.jpg

If sculptures from the Philippines can sculpt the whole body with amazing attention to detail regardless of whether it will be under cloth, I don't see why sideshow can't.

IMG00133-20110115-1714.jpg

But the sculptor in the Phillippines won't have to pay for things that collectors "request" from sideshow!!

These requests include but not limited to the following:
Big booths at SDCC
Lucky draws and contests
Freebies
Free or cheap shipping
Returns and exchanges
Returns for full refunds
Videos for new products
and so on and so forth...

I am not defending sideshow or justifying their new sky high prices. But they are a business after all and need to make some profits. The more freebies they dish out, the higher will be the prices.

Whenever someone wins something that sideshow gives away for free, it will in one way or another push up the prices for new products.

How do you justify cutting corners by giving us a statue which is 1/4 sculpted? Don't get me wrong guys I love sideshow most of my collection is comprised of sideshow statues but if I plan to buy the Maul I just hope Im getting my moneys worth with a full sculpt, Look at wolverine fully sculpted, just hope maul is fully sculpted if not Im just sticking with Wolverine, that's all I'm saying. I will only buy statues that I feel meet their price tag, artistically speaking. Neytiri being one of those statues IMO.

I just hope that when people take off his robe he doesn't look like this

stick+figure+macarenaish.png

If that is your concern, hold off on the purchase until in-hand pictures from other collectors are available. No harm waiting. At 2k each (going by what we read here), these LSFs are not going to fly off the shelves. There are only so many people willing to part with 2k for a figure, nice as these figures are.

To be honest, I never really thought that this was an issue. Who cares if something is fully sculpted or not if you can never see the part in question? As long as it looks good under the clothes, I'm fine with it. What I'm not fine with is this price point.

2K? Thats pretty much my entire shopping list for items revealed during SDCC.

This will be too expensive for me.

2 grand is out of my price range anyway. I can buy 10 Hot Toys 1/6 figures at that price or 7 Premium Format!!!

But admittedly, these figures will make an awesome display. I may crack and buy one at that price if and when Sideshow releases Vader in that scale.

These are really cool. They are big and seems they have cool sculpt and paint apps. But as I already said anything close to $2000 should be 1:1 scale, no matter if it is a bust or a replica or something on a mannequin IMO. 1:2 is cool but still not as cool as 1:1. Add a few $$$ more and make something 1:1 which will be the centerpiece of any collection.

These are really cool. They are big and seems they have cool sculpt and paint apps. But as I already said anything close to $2000 should be 1:1 scale, no matter if it is a bust or a replica or something on a mannequin IMO. 1:2 is cool but still not as cool as 1:1. Add a few $$$ more and make something 1:1 which will be the centerpiece of any collection.

Exactly, a few months on RPF and I could make a 1:1 Obi for $2000.

I think the only reason wolverine is fully sculpted is due to that he has spandex, The rest I feel they will not be , as to compensate for the material, and under they will be just like Arnold there . but the inside to me does not matter as long as the proportion is right , I mean it's not like I will be taking the clothes off obi, then again maul would be cool to have the upper body sculpted , being that If anyone wanted to display him with the top robe on,

I went bonkers for this when i saw it at comic con. but at 2gs i don't know how anyone can swing this. even the flex pay has got to be killer unless they are willing to extend the pay periods... sigh. very impressive should start saving now.

Yeah they were talking edition sizes not price. He says PF are around 1000, these will be less and the smaller figures are around 1500

Go figures, my hearing is horrible I thought for sure they were discussing prices. Damn there goes my excitement.:ohbfrank:

Back