Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I get what you're saying but still hoping for the best possible anyway :wink1:

As for improving things, I know they can. And after seeing pics of production Cyborg Maul lightsabers, I know they do.

Mauls cool but not a must buy for me. Now if it had been Vader, it would have been a must buy.

Maul's lightsabre looks out of scale. Hope that will be corrected when this goes into production.

It will definitely be interesting to see where this line goes. I for one am thinking about selling a majority of my collection to buy a few of these. Plus I would need the space anyways! :dunno

I love it, but the price announcement is a dealbreaker for me. I expect a high price tag on higher end collectibles, but I can't justify $2K. My 1:1 life-size Maul Bust and 1:1 Maul saber together didn't break the $1K mark. I'd rather take that cash and put it towards a custom costume & mannequin to have a full 1:1 replica. As Sideshow said, "Bigger is better!"

Sideshow Collectibles Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure Showcase

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGanm7htok8"]‪Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars and Marvel Legendary Scale Figures‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Fana Collec Channel!!​

It will definitely be interesting to see where this line goes. I for one am thinking about selling a majority of my collection to buy a few of these. Plus I would need the space anyways! :dunno

that is exactly what I will be doing. I have 7-8 different maul statues. Hopefully I can sell them all to fund this.

Depending on price, I may do the same with obiwan and the others.

Man that Maul is awesome. I usually prefer the hood down look but it really looks fantastic with it up on that statue. I'm glad they explained the pose. So he's psyching himself up right before he puts his head down and the Theed hangar doors open. I guess the saber should be off but whatever, works for me.

So, $1800 to $2000 is what they're saying the LSF will be? I just don't know if I can justify the price tag. At $1k or so I would've been all over it, but now it's looking a lot less likely.

Last edited:
If the $2K is accurate they are definitely going after a different market. But I'll still say the protos look much nicer than anything I've seen from CM and the scale is actually a bit bigger.

I guess punched hair could even out the costs to some, but usually the hair has been one of the worse looking aspects of the CM items to me.

CM's are nice pieces but rarely get a good likeness and as was said, often the faux hair rather than sculpted is a point of losing likeness.

I understand with the lightsaber technology, that probably drives the prices, the hilts might be real metal even.

I just wish these were no more than $1000, I really want Maul, but $2000 is just so much.

the thing is, CM only releases 1 $2k statue a year, and now SS is gonna release 4 all at once. Is the market really that in demand for all of these? I could see if SS did 1 or 2 ayear, but idk, it looks like SS is taking on more than they can chew with these price tags. 6x the price of a normal pf.

the thing is, CM only releases 1 $2k statue a year, and now SS is gonna release 4 all at once. Is the market really that in demand for all of these? I could see if SS did 1 or 2 ayear, but idk, it looks like SS is taking on more than they can chew with these price tags. 6x the price of a normal pf.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will let them sit in there massive wharehouse until they sell out. They have the space.

Mother eff! Curse you $2000! I curse you! :cuss

sdcc2011_sideshow_starwars_38.jpg

An awesome SW item like this will hardly sit around the warehouse forever...This has international fans all over the world... if they make only 500... $2000.00 X 500... even at a 275 made.. it's hardly a loose for SSC. Believe it or not, they actually know what they are doing...They just didn't bumble into the collection market...:)

Give us more choices, and more lines!!!!! Thanks Sideshow!

A few weeks ago my wife asked me to buy her a $2000 "Bella ring" from Twilight. She was all "but isn't there something you could then get that's two grand?" I told her no. Hmmmm.

Back