Statue Darth Maul Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like him a lot. I think the paint job is great, I like the facial expression. I like the size of it as well (it is super heavy). The "puffy" upper lip I think looks worse in pictures than in person. Overall I am glad I got him for sure.

I made a really quick video of mine:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICUeBet9j7Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICUeBet9j7Q[/ame]

Needless to say, but I am extremely satisfied with this piece.

Finale Präsentation und wenn der Vader einfliegt kommt der Maul unter die Maul Büste und Vader links neben Boba!

Love the display, pal.

I have the Darth Sidious LSB, which I love, & can't wait for his apprentice to arrive. I have it ordered from Forbidden Planet here in the UK & in the items description it said that it's expected on October 31st. So it should be arriving any day now.

Then I just need Vader & Dooku to complete the Sith line-up, which I really hope happens as I've never been able to have all 4 of them realized in the same collection.

So... I know this thread is kinda dead... But I found a few photos that do a bit (in my view, anyway) to dispel some of the concerns people had about the hood looking like it sits too high on Maul's head.
Spoiler Spoiler:

As for the expression... I... I like it? To me the kind of sneer or barred teeth some figures or busts have looks a bit hokey since obviously it never changes. Just looks a bit lifeless, if that makes sense. As far as this bust goes, I see something along these lines:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting this item, since there is free shipping today. Does the hood come down? In some pics, it looks like cloth so it might... But in the above pics, it looks like it isn't cloth, so doesn't. And IF it does, are there additional horns on his head? Or just the 3 seen in the pics? I suspect those are the only horns... :( He may not even have a fully formed head under the hood...

I'm thinking of getting this item, since there is free shipping today. Does the hood come down? In some pics, it looks like cloth so it might... But in the above pics, it looks like it isn't cloth, so doesn't. And IF it does, are there additional horns on his head? Or just the 3 seen in the pics? I suspect those are the only horns... :( He may not even have a fully formed head under the hood...

The whole thing is fully sculpted so nothing moves on it. But I have this and absolutely love it.

Agreed, it's a great bust, totally underrated, for no real reason. Perfect size, very heavy and solid, and the paint is flawless. Love mine!
If you are a SW fan and collector - Get this bust, you will be glad you did.

Thanks for the info, guys! I think you've convinced me to get it...

Order placed! But I suspect they will take away the free shipping promo from today, since I used the $25 May 4th gift card... Still, it will be $250 shipped or less, and I'll earn reward points...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, guys! I think you've convinced me to get it...

Order placed! But I suspect they will take away the free shipping promo from today, since I used the $25 May 4th gift card... Still, it will be $250 shipped or less, and I'll earn reward points...

Good choice ordering it, you won't be disappointed. Its good to see a fellow Wisconsinite on the forum, I'm from Racine.

Told my gf about the free shipping today, and she ordered it before I could say anything else.
At least she knows what she's getting herself into... And I know what I'm getting for my birthday.. :lol

Shipping-wise, this seems like it'll be my third SS piece (total), and all in a matter of weeks, should go nicely enough alongside my Ben LSB and I might not be able to resist buying Chewie myself, since my Han PF is getting kinda lonely. :) Then there's the Alien LSB's coming... and Ben and Vader mythos...

Also, Madison, Wisconsin, checking in. :hi5:

Told my gf about the free shipping today, and she ordered it before I could say anything else.
At least she knows what she's getting herself into... And I know what I'm getting for my birthday.. :lol

Shipping-wise, this seems like it'll be my third SS piece (total), and all in a matter of weeks, should go nicely enough alongside my Ben LSB and I might not be able to resist buying Chewie myself, since my Han PF is getting kinda lonely. :) Then there's the Alien LSB's coming... and Ben and Vader mythos...

:hi5:

Good choice ordering it, you won't be disappointed. Its good to see a fellow Wisconsinite on the forum, I'm from Racine.

Wisconsin represent!!! :hi5: :grouphug:
This is actually my first LSB. I have tons of PF's. I tried getting the Maul Mythos, but after 2 straight defective ones, I returned it for a refund. I decided this looks better anyway, plus it's more limited. The Mythos would have fit in more with my PF's, however I do have the Alien LSB coming, so I'm starting a bust collection for sure. Might as well start it now! I might try to acquire some of the older LSB's in the commerce area, or on Ebay. They do display nicely...
I also want the Chewie PF. I'm kinda kicking myself for missing the exclusive version. I was debating between order that, or Maul Mythos. Seeing as that went south, I should have ordered Chewie. It sold out 2 weeks later... I know I can still get the regular version, but I like swap out parts, so it would bother me.

Wisconsin represent!!! :hi5: :grouphug:
This is actually my first LSB. I have tons of PF's. I tried getting the Maul Mythos, but after 2 straight defective ones, I returned it for a refund. I decided this looks better anyway, plus it's more limited. The Mythos would have fit in more with my PF's, however I do have the Alien LSB coming, so I'm starting a bust collection for sure. Might as well start it now! I might try to acquire some of the older LSB's in the commerce area, or on Ebay. They do display nicely...
I also want the Chewie PF. I'm kinda kicking myself for missing the exclusive version. I was debating between order that, or Maul Mythos. Seeing as that went south, I should have ordered Chewie. It sold out 2 weeks later... I know I can still get the regular version, but I like swap out parts, so it would bother me.

Maul was my first LSB also. I hope Sideshow eventually makes more of these, as they've only done 5 Star Wars ones so far. Its too bad about your Maul Mythos. I have that piece too and its great. I just wish Sideshow could iron out their QC issues so everyone could get a non-defective statue.

Even if you missed out on the Chewie EX you should still get a reg. He really is awesome.

I just received my Darth Maul LSB today, which is my first bust of any kind, and wow... it's awesome! I've read some negative reviews and comments about it, and I have no idea why. The details, paint, size, weight, etc... are A+!!

Maul was my first LSB also. I hope Sideshow eventually makes more of these, as they've only done 5 Star Wars ones so far. Its too bad about your Maul Mythos. I have that piece too and its great. I just wish Sideshow could iron out their QC issues so everyone could get a non-defective statue.

Even if you missed out on the Chewie EX you should still get a reg. He really is awesome.

I just received my Darth Maul LSB today, which is my first bust of any kind, and wow... it's awesome! I've read some negative reviews and comments about it, and I have no idea why. The details, paint, size, weight, etc... are A+!!

I've read some negative things as well about the LSB. While I don't have any of the pieces, all the pics I've seen look quite nice. I know they previewed a Stormtrooper and Fett years ago when they first came up, hoping we still get those releases. A lot of potential still there.

I have no idea why it received any negative reviews because this piece really is phenomenal.

I've read some negative things as well about the LSB. While I don't have any of the pieces, all the pics I've seen look quite nice. I know they previewed a Stormtrooper and Fett years ago when they first came up, hoping we still get those releases. A lot of potential still there.

I saw that Stormtrooper drawing quite awhile ago, and a Vader and Boba drawing as well. I hope Sideshow pics up the pace with this line. Hopefully we see some new ones at SDCC.

Back