Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Guess what came today? :) Finally its mine! Also, the pic suck ass lol

10489976_10152577564184468_3023982191782736874_n.jpg

Wow, I... Wow. Just set this guy up. It's every bit as good as people have said.

Another pic of mine, a favorite collectible for sure:wink1:

IMG_76681.JPG

Looking at mine, I think the intensity of the orange probably has more to do with how photos turn out than anything else. Here's two phone pics of mine, with and without flash.
image.jpg
image.jpg
The more subdued pic is much more what the orange looks like in person. Sorry for the mediocre lighting and photos, but I hope this helps.

Big difference those two shots. If it looks more like pic 2 up close in person I can see myself being glad I picked it up, remorse can be a *****; for now two more payments to go

Big difference those two shots. If it looks more like pic 2 up close in person I can see myself being glad I picked it up, remorse can be a *****; for now two more payments to go

Here is another pic for reference.... It like this in person

86b1fa7d-e8bd-4db1-aced-e5d5a222d249_zpsb2c11c37.jpg

I know everyone doesn't like it but I think this statue is amazing and the paint job is what makes it so good

wha? yeah if youre a fan of nascar. this orange is an abomination to the greatest character ever. whats next? a neon purple Emperor robe?

WTH is up with that man? You just realise that this is what the Mythos Vader looks like, or were you just needing to dump on someone today?

WTH is up with that man? You just realise that this is what the Mythos Vader looks like, or were you just needing to dump on someone today?

what?? im not dumping on anyone im dumping on the GD ORANGE Vader. sorry to burst your geek trouble alert internet war bubble. and yes, i "realise" that this is what the vader looks like. and its wrong. dead wrong. im a fan and not a hater. thats why im posting here. because i want to like this but this lunatic orange blob stuff is pathetic. Ive tried to hire someone to paint one if I got it but I dont have anyone interested in taking me up. i wish i could find a skilled painter, id buy one and return this piece to what it should be in the first place.

Here is another pic for reference.... It like this in person

86b1fa7d-e8bd-4db1-aced-e5d5a222d249_zpsb2c11c37.jpg

I know everyone doesn't like it but I think this statue is amazing and the paint job is what makes it so good

Regardless of what others may think - he looks fantastic! Great pic and a great statue. :rock

what?? im not dumping on anyone im dumping on the GD ORANGE Vader. sorry to burst your geek trouble alert internet war bubble. and yes, i "realise" that this is what the vader looks like. and its wrong. dead wrong. im a fan and not a hater. thats why im posting here. because i want to like this but this lunatic orange blob stuff is pathetic. Ive tried to hire someone to paint one if I got it but I dont have anyone interested in taking me up. i wish i could find a skilled painter, id buy one and return this piece to what it should be in the first place.

To me the "lunatic orange blob stuff" is what makes this Vader the best one out there. If you just want a regular black Vader statue there are about 200 options for you to buy. This one fits the story and the line perfect.

This has been out awhile. This argument was old ages ago. Your just popping off to be a ****. Everyone getting one at this point knows what it looks like. It's not a surprise to anyone. If it's not to your tastes, fine, but why trash it for everyone else?

To me the "lunatic orange blob stuff" is what makes this Vader the best one out there. If you just want a regular black Vader statue there are about 200 options for you to buy. This one fits the story and the line perfect.

AGREED!
This statue is fantastic for it's uniqueness. There will never be another one like it.

This has been out awhile. This argument was old ages ago. Your just popping off to be a ****. Everyone getting one at this point knows what it looks like. It's not a surprise to anyone. If it's not to your tastes, fine, but why trash it for everyone else?

if a random internet strangers comments about the orange is trashing it for everyone else, then its unfortunate that you are that sensitive and concerned about others opinions. you might wanna talk to someone.

and to say im popping off just to be a ****, well, im not. again, your assumptions are a little wacko. im trashing the orange because i love the pose and hate the orange. I dont care if this statue is 1 day old or 5008 days old. and what do i care that "Everyone getting one at this point knows what it looks like. It's not a surprise to anyone." So that means i should not be entitled to say the orange is ugly? if I liked this statue, I wouldnt care at all if someone was speaking like i am. everyone is such a p***y these days. grow up. youre not the thought police.

darth madden, you mentioned i have 200 other choices but i dont. i have this one. i love this pose. there are no other 1/5 statues of Vader with this pose.

if the orange was a bit muted i would be fine. its just over the top. i wish it was less.

BLS did you contacted that guy who repainted his ?

BLS did you contacted that guy who repainted his ?

no. he lives in singapore or something, id rather hire someone in the US. I gotta believe there is someone around who can paint this. i might go into some local art shoppes around here and start poking around. someone can paint a statue, somewhere!! i even called sideshow to try and hire one of their artists as a side job and was told no.

^^ Yeah this ^^ I haven't been in this thread so much lately, it seems the conversation hasn't changed. I like the orange on this, it is different. There is a PF vader on the way to join the hundreds of other full black Vader statues out there, if you don't like the Orange, just wait for that.

Back