Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

You were supposed to be the Chosen One!! It was my DES-tiny!

14366574037_29c45ca5d4_b.jpg

Darth Vader Mythos 1:5 Statue 3638/5000- Sideshow

Well this finally(!) arrived. I had missed out on the first wave, then it was sold out and I finally was able to 'PO' when it became available again. I have to admit I was losing interest a bit in this as it came closer but once I opened it all my jadedness and doubts were gone. This is a gorgeous statue.
The sculpt is wonderful and it has tons of display options. Everything is very well sculpted, the 2 heads have some very slight differences (mostly the nose) but have different feel; the Shaw face is more contemplative while the Christensen face has more anger in it. The orange paint doesn't bother me at all on the costume but I do wish the helmet weren't quite so orange. I feel the statue works best in its intended pose but the orange on the helmet bothers me just a bit, I like the "join me!" fist with helmet but I feel like it doesn't fit the base and scene as well as the other option. The bottom line however is that there are many ways to display this statue and most likely something to satisfy everyone. I hope they are able to make some more Mythos down the line.

14366428888_4da0d3ee67_b.jpg

14553023125_6f2060d706_b.jpg

14552125532_c9d6bfb921_b.jpg

14366568717_42a5b2152c_b.jpg

14573121103_2348f0e3c5_b.jpg

14549612521_92ecc45172_b.jpg

14552142942_d2d6cb4fb8_b.jpg

14551464664_bff2cfd72f_b.jpg

14366431749_fd7554b53a_b.jpg

14366412879_cc4b2414de_b.jpg

14529954716_7e8fd0c9e0_b.jpg

14552135232_cb5d7d72b6_b.jpg

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side!

14366580827_67d1a3d879_b.jpg

This power I wielded, what has it wrought?

14573134603_be17c8b3cd_b.jpg

There is another... Impressive.

14573140253_8c7b90de6d_b.jpg

Last edited:

haha to say, you did intrigue me with the first image.

WTF!! I previewed the post and it all showed fine. I ****ing hate the new forums. I used to copy paste my whole post and done, now it's a chore.

edit: Ok now that I've freaking manually updated every link it should be fine.

Last edited:

WTF!! I previewed the post and it all showed fine. I ****ing hate the new forums. I used to copy paste my whole post and done, now it's a chore.

They are some very nice photos man....

if a random internet strangers comments about the orange is trashing it for everyone else, then its unfortunate that you are that sensitive and concerned about others opinions. you might wanna talk to someone.

and to say im popping off just to be a ****, well, im not. again, your assumptions are a little wacko. im trashing the orange because i love the pose and hate the orange. I dont care if this statue is 1 day old or 5008 days old. and what do i care that "Everyone getting one at this point knows what it looks like. It's not a surprise to anyone." So that means i should not be entitled to say the orange is ugly? if I liked this statue, I wouldnt care at all if someone was speaking like i am. everyone is such a p***y these days. grow up. youre not the thought police.

darth madden, you mentioned i have 200 other choices but i dont. i have this one. i love this pose. there are no other 1/5 statues of Vader with this pose.

if the orange was a bit muted i would be fine. its just over the top. i wish it was less.

You bought it, even though you don't like it and wish it were something different...:dunno

Yep, never been and never going to be another vader. You are a big ass crybaby.

How about that ugly Ford Pinto huh? I know it came out awhile ago, but I dont care if it is 1 year or 50, I am never going to stop bringing it up.

You bought it, even though you don't like it and wish it were something different...:dunno

Yep, never been and never going to be another vader. You are a big ass crybaby.

How about that ugly Ford Pinto huh? I know it came out awhile ago, but I dont care if it is 1 year or 50, I am never going to stop bringing it up.

removed because its pointless...

Last edited:

I ****ing hate the new forums.

Awesome pictures! And I'm glad I'm not the only one. the new forum is even worse when you try to look on a mobile. I usually spend 5 mins signing in (mandatory to avoid the big yellow sign in prompt) clicking on thread starters profiles and unsubscribing from everything before giving up...

Shut your stupid mouth. Id buy it if i can find a painter to make it what i want.

And your example is as stupid as you are. If this was a thread about pintos then.....you know something....i should know better than to argue with retards. You are blocked. I cant suffer your vapid nature another second. Attacking me because i dont like an orange darth vader? Really?

And the reason this was brought back up is because now the second wave has hit and all the new pics are coming out!

Fight!! Fight! Fight!!!

Shut your stupid mouth. Id buy it if i can find a painter to make it what i want.

And your example is as stupid as you are. If this was a thread about pintos then.....you know something....i should know better than to argue with retards. You are blocked. I cant suffer your vapid nature another second. Attacking me because i dont like an orange darth vader? Really?

And the reason this was brought back up is because now the second wave has hit and all the new pics are coming out!

Blow me.

You basically want a custom, and are crying like a little ***** that this isn't the Vader of your wet dreams.

But you didnt have the decency to just complain, you had to **** all over someone else pic's with your idiotic comments.

Iight Kids... Im not a mod but thats going a bit to far now no ?

Blow me.

You basically want a custom, and are crying like a little ***** that this isn't the Vader of your wet dreams.

But you didnt have the decency to just complain, you had to **** all over someone else pic's with your idiotic comments.

removed because its pointless...

Last edited:

BLS, I am not a kid.

Putting aside all the flaming for a moment, you are entitled to your opinion, but it was low class to rip this piece using the photo the poster was just praising.

BLS, I am not a kid.

Putting aside all the flaming for a moment, you are entitled to your opinion, but it was low class to rip this piece using the photo the poster was just praising.

I am not a kid either. So dont ever talk to me like one.

I was simply ripping the statue for the orange. Not the poster, not the photo, not his love for the statue. what difference does it make what photo i used? everyone who posted a photo is proud of their statue.

I can not like the use of orange and still respect people who do like the orange. Just as you should learn to tolerate nay sayers of any item. Im not dumping on your opinions, so dont reprimand me for mine. plus, in all honesty it was more of a sarcastic/funny remark, not a mean spirited one.

in any event, i am done with this exchange. its a terrible disrespect for the people who want to discuss this statue, because they love it or hate it.

but the orange on the helmet bothers me just a bit

I had the helmet repainted and it looks so much better.
Or actually, if its all black, the orange blob doesn't stand out so it doesn't draw attention.

ss_dv_mythos_01.jpg

Dude, those pics were ****ing bad ass!

I can see why people ain't liking the orange, but I have so many ideas on using an orange light in his display case, and just BAMM!!!

So much sex. I just can't even.

Dude, those pics were ****ing bad ass!

I can see why people ain't liking the orange, but I have so many ideas on using an orange light in his display case, and just BAMM!!!

So much sex. I just can't even.

My issues with it is that the shade on the helmet is much more yellow than the orange on the base and costume. It's also brighter and If anything because the helmet is higher is should be darker.
I honestly would like it a lot if if were darker, more orange and no covering half of the helmet.

the orange kept me from buying it .. and I am glad there is a PF on the horizon .. so no need for me to have a statue with something on that bugs me

My issues with it is that the shade on the helmet is much more yellow than the orange on the base and costume. It's also brighter and If anything because the helmet is higher is should be darker.
I honestly would like it a lot if if were darker, more orange and no covering half of the helmet.
I get peoples gripes, but distance isn't the only thing that determines the distribution of light. The helmet is the most reflective surface in this statue. So it's going to reflect that orange really bright. The fact that his clothes are so orange and he's so close to the fire, it makes sense that the orange would reflect pretty strongly on his helmet. We also don't know what else is in the environment that is casting other light. I personally love it. Most statues don't cast light on them, so this statue is great in its uniqueness. My two cents :)

Back