Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

The sculpt is great. The effect they went for with the paint is where people seem to differ. I don't like it either, so I didn't buy it. Its not that I don't like the glow effect, but that I find it inconsistent. I'd like to see the same sculpt in a different environment with a different "effect", like a bloody battlefield on Kashyyyk.

Me and my friend had 'the' debate as well.

I was realllllly looking forward to the Vader to go with my obi. When i saw the paint job I was immediately put off, especially that helmet. One dude i knew put it nicely when he said it looks like he's covered in mac'n cheese.

While my friend loved the fiery orange glow. The statue sucked him right into Mustafar and he could just see the environment surrounding him with his introspective gaze looking into the helmet that he had become.

Ultimately it seems to reflect the fan base. You either Love it, or Hate it. I wanted to love it but fell on the hate it QQ.

The orange doesn't really bother me, but I can see where it might of been better if they toned it down a notch or two.

Although Obi is still on a Waitlist, the Vader and Fett are listed as "Checking Inventory" on the Sideshow Site

I just got mine....and I HATE it. :wink1:

Therefore I have big plans to customize it. It will take several months because the Artist I hired is busty.....LOL...BUSY.

Once I have it back, I will post pictures. Mac N Cheese Vader no more.

I just got mine....and I HATE it. :wink1:

Therefore I have big plans to customize it. It will take several months because the Artist I hired is busty.....LOL...BUSY.

Once I have it back, I will post pictures. Mac N Cheese Vader no more.

The custom paint jobs that I've seen for this have all been very good.
You would do well to do the same. The orange overspray has got to go. :hi5:

The custom paint jobs that I've seen for this have all been very good.
You would do well to do the same. The orange overspray has got to go. :hi5:

I want to see some custom paint jobs. Where are they? I have one more payment to go on this!

Im getting nervous.....the range in price quotes Ive gotten is kinda scary....

I thought I was set, and I probably am with one particular guy. But I heard back from another painter I had forgotten about and the price quote he provided to redo the statue was $2000. I suspect he doesnt want to be bothered with this so its its his way to make me back out without him saying no. He can go F himself. 2Gs to paint a statue?? what a dip****. The other painter was VERY nice and provided me tons of samples of his work and quoted me $200-$300.

how can 2 professionals be that far apart.....makes me wonder if one is THAT much better, or if someone is just being a prick.

Mine was supposed to ship a few weeks ago but I switched my order to FlexPay at the last minute. I've never seen this piece in person so I'm hoping the orange spray won't bother me when I finally receive it in a few months.

Im getting nervous.....the range in price quotes Ive gotten is kinda scary....

I thought I was set, and I probably am with one particular guy. But I heard back from another painter I had forgotten about and the price quote he provided to redo the statue was $2000. I suspect he doesnt want to be bothered with this so its its his way to make me back out without him saying no. He can go F himself. 2Gs to paint a statue?? what a dip****. The other painter was VERY nice and provided me tons of samples of his work and quoted me $200-$300.

how can 2 professionals be that far apart.....makes me wonder if one is THAT much better, or if someone is just being a prick.
$2K for a repaint sounds crazy. I would give the other guy a try if you like the sample work.

Could not keep the love for this piece... Ended up trading it.

Still Love the Fett Mythos though... My personal fav.

im out too. returned it. ill spend my money somewhere where i dont have to fix someones stupid artistic vision. but it should be noted that every painter i spoke to, was amazed at how horribly painted this was. rather, how horribly executed the orange glow was. they were all speechless or mentioned they knew the piece i was asking about and thought it was a total waste of an awesome sculpt. oh well....TATA TATELL.

Why though? I personally think the orange glow adds a pretty neat touch to the figure as a whole.

A case of, you either love it or hate it?

there is just hate or love I think for that paint up.. I never owned it because if that ..

Good so everybody who hates the orange paint, dislikes the 'artistic vision' will stop posting comments in this thread....

:wink1:

yeah right :rotfl

They went a little too far trying to make paint "glow".

This looks best in a super dark environment with light at just the right spot.

there is just hate or love I think for that paint up.. I never owned it because if that ..

Yep. Not a fan of the orange - but love the sculpt so much I put up with it.

My last film has copped this massive divide in the audience; passionately love it, or vehemently hate it. Depends on what you believe is justice.

JDPoster_zps56aa9e03.png

Back