Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was and am an avid statue fan. However, the first statue outside of DM I will be getting this year is Lady Death or Rhino Com according to last newsletter. Not to mention I have a huge 1:1 Infinity Gauntlet coming in and a custom 36" Optimus Prime group commission later this year.

Here is my list of statues for the year:

1)Galactus Maquette
2)Hawkeye PF Ex.
3)Rhino Comiquette Ex.
4)Lady Death PF Ex.
5)MK Kitana Ex.
6)Shao Kahn Ex.
7)All MOTU stuff from PCS
8)Batman PF Ex.
9)Poison Ivy Ex.
10)World of Warcraft Arthas 1/5
11)All Mythos line (Obi, Gamorrean, Boba, Darth Vader)

So clearly, my statues are coming. But ditch the toys?? I think not! I used to be anti AF until I saw with my own hands just truly phenomenal these Hot Toys and NECA figures are! No QC issues on those as well. Tons of QC issues on SS statues, although I still collect only the best or worthy statues of my money!:wink1:

Nice list! Feel free to cancel Rhino and Lady Death :)
I was anti AF too and I got my Hot Toys 89 Batman which I love. But if they ever release a nice Keaton statue I'm ditching the Hot Toys in a hurry.

Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

precisely why they have to burn that ep3 reel and create a new one. totally messes up my concept of vader. such a loser.

Watch Clone Wars. That's my personal canon version of Anakin; good leader, good friend, good teacher and just 'good'.
Which emphasizes the loss that everyone felt when he turned.

Same here until I gave in and spoke to Christina on live chat last night it prompted Daniel from returns to contact me this is what he said .

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your patience. It looks like we may have replacement parts for your damaged Darth Maul. Please confirm if it is the open mouth or closed mouth head that is damaged.

Once we receive this information your replacement parts will be shipped at no cost to you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

I did also point out that the light sabre hand and the COA was also damaged

Watch Clone Wars. That's my personal canon version of Anakin; good leader, good friend, good teacher and just 'good'.
Which emphasizes the loss that everyone felt when he turned.

Agree. Im onto clone wars as well. Its firefighting that they're doing with the seemingly poorly-thought of hayden vader

Agree. Im onto clone wars as well. Its firefighting that they're doing with the seemingly poorly-thought of hayden vader

I always tell people that didn't enjoy the Hayden Anakin/Vader to read the Ep. III novelization. I haven't read it in years, but I remember it developing the character, especially the downfall and change into Vader much better than the film. That novel is actually the middle of its own little trilogy of books--I can't remember the first book, but the second is the ROTS novelization and the third is The Rise of Darth Vader. I enjoyed them all.

And just to get up on my soap box for a second, I think one of the worst injustices that GL did to Ep. III (and there are quite a few) was how he really didn't give you any insight into how a father-to-be could walk into the temple and kill the children Jedi. I think the book--and the CW series to a certain extent--does a much better job of showing that Anakin is repeatedly forced to sacrifice innocent lives in furtherance of winning a war. I mean, the Jedi abandon whole planets for strategic purposes in the CW series. Once you see the Jedi behave that way, and you realize the personal toll that all the loss of war has had on Anakin, it's not a surprise that Anakin can convince himself to follow an obviously evil dictator and kill the young Jedi. Soap box dismounted.

I always tell people that didn't enjoy the Hayden Anakin/Vader to read the Ep. III novelization. I haven't read it in years, but I remember it developing the character, especially the downfall and change into Vader much better than the film. That novel is actually the middle of its own little trilogy of books--I can't remember the first book, but the second is the ROTS novelization and the third is The Rise of Darth Vader. I enjoyed them all.

And just to get up on my soap box for a second, I think one of the worst injustices that GL did to Ep. III (and there are quite a few) was how he really didn't give you any insight into how a father-to-be could walk into the temple and kill the children Jedi. I think the book--and the CW series to a certain extent--does a much better job of showing that Anakin is repeatedly forced to sacrifice innocent lives in furtherance of winning a war. I mean, the Jedi abandon whole planets for strategic purposes in the CW series. Once you see the Jedi behave that way, and you realize the personal toll that all the loss of war has had on Anakin, it's not a surprise that Anakin can convince himself to follow an obviously evil dictator and kill the young Jedi. Soap box dismounted.

Yep, the books allowed one to get inside the mind of Anakin, not just what is shown on screen and tied in a lot of events....comics too.

Last edited:

This has to be one of the greatest statues I have ever seen. There is so much going on with this.

I really need to pull the trigger on Maul and get him. I do not know what is taking me so long.

Do it you will not regret it.

Received this statue on Thursday. Wow, it is impressive! I also collect the LOTR statues, but this one seems to stand a little taller and more prominent on the shelf. The packaging and certificate w/artwork really made this a well put-together piece. After seeing the price points on the rest of the line, I decided this would be the only one. After getting it, it's going to be hard to pass them up...especially Obi-Wan. But I have to say, if the rest of the statues were even close to the Maul price point, I would be all in. $350 per statue is pretty steep to get them all.

Same here until I gave in and spoke to Christina on live chat last night it prompted Daniel from returns to contact me this is what he said .

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your patience. It looks like we may have replacement parts for your damaged Darth Maul. Please confirm if it is the open mouth or closed mouth head that is damaged.

Once we receive this information your replacement parts will be shipped at no cost to you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Thanks mate.

I'll contact them via chat early next week.

Dear Andrew,

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sweet! It's nice to see that they are making an effort getting these things sorted.

Back