Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing looks so damn cool. I can not decide between Mythos Maul or the upcoming 1/5 Wolf Predator.

Any idea if Maul will be a fast sell out? It seems a lot of people are pretty happy with this one.

This is so cool that it actually makes me want to buy it. Great pose(s), sculpt, paint, just visuals overall. Loved it from the first time I saw it. Really bummed now... I stopped collecting SW some years ago because I don't have endless space and I have to make choices in terms of what to collect and what not, and I decided to stay off SW and stay with the other lines I have and stick with those, but... this is just so awesome. I have some loose stuff from other movies/comics that doesn't go with the rest too so maybe I just should... But then he will be standing somewhere all alone with none of his SW buddies between Dinosaurs and Lord of the Rings. At least, at the moment he probably won't be standing anywhere at all, because I probably wouldn't even have the space to display him. And I'm also not really swimming in money and box-space at the time either but it's just really cool.

What to do? :(

This is so cool that it actually makes me want to buy it. Great pose(s), sculpt, paint, just visuals overall. Loved it from the first time I saw it. Really bummed now... I stopped collecting SW some years ago because I don't have endless space and I have to make choices in terms of what to collect and what not, and I decided to stay off SW and stay with the other lines I have and stick with those, but... this is just so awesome. I have some loose stuff from other movies/comics that doesn't go with the rest too so maybe I just should... But then he will be standing somewhere all alone with none of his SW buddies between Dinosaurs and Lord of the Rings. At least, at the moment he probably won't be standing anywhere at all, because I probably wouldn't even have the space to display him. And I'm also not really swimming in money and box-space at the time either but it's just really cool.

I am with you. I stopped collecting SW stuff awhile ago as well, but there is somthing about this Mythos line that I really like. Maybe it is they are keeping the same look of the characters and giving them a unique twist. I really like that about this line. I am up in the air.

If you can stick to Mythos and not go into PF and 1:6 Figs you should be fine.

why dont you just stick to the mythos line ?

why dont you just stick to the mythos line ?

That's my plan with the rare exception of a PF every no and again if it is warranted. An example of this would be the C-3PO and R2-D2 PF. I can't see the Mythos line topping the PF in this case.

That's my plan with the rare exception of a PF every no and again if it is warranted. An example of this would be the C-3PO and R2-D2 PF. I can't see the Mythos line topping the PF in this case.

But then one becomes a few, and a few becomes many, and then... Yu have a lot!

:lecture :1-1:

But then one becomes a few, and a few becomes many, and then... Yu have a lot!

:lecture :1-1:

:lol I never said I was going to get all the pieces in the Mythos Line. I plan to pick and choose the characters that I like but ultimately my collection will be mainly Mythos focused with the occasional PF thrown in when warranted. Restraint will rule the day...... I hope. :lol That's the plan anyway.

I'm picking one up soon with all the good reviews. Excited!!! Congrats to the people who got there's in. :clap:clap:clap

Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

No, he's saying that the suit increases the apparent mass of his body. When the mask is on, the apparent mass of his head increases as well, rendering him proportionate. When the mask is off, his head is the same size as it was before the augmentation to his body occurred, hence disproportionate.

Right. This is how it should be and the Vader Mythos got it right.

I opened my Maul last night and like others are saying this statue is nothing short of amazing. IMO I think it's the best Maul statue to date. I have the PF as well and this kills it IMO. This is one of Sideshow's best paint apps. I have him displayed with open mouth head no stick and because of space without the saber blades. I love how the head latched on via magnet. I wish they use this tech for all there Premium formats ex, Emperor and Captain Rex. When SS first released the pictures of the statues from this line I didn't like the base but I now seeing it in hand I really dig the base. I highly recommend buying this especially if your a big Maul fan or even a moderate fan. The price is great considering how much the 1/6 figures are going for these days. The only bad thing after seeing this in hand I'm all for the rest of the statues in this line and it's going to get real expensive.

i agree, looks pretty good.

I opened my Maul last night and like others are saying this statue is nothing short of amazing. IMO I think it's the best Maul statue to date. I have the PF as well and this kills it IMO. This is one of Sideshow's best paint apps. I have him displayed with open mouth head no stick and because of space without the saber blades. I love how the head latched on via magnet. I wish they use this tech for all there Premium formats ex, Emperor and Captain Rex. When SS first released the pictures of the statues from this line I didn't like the base but I now seeing it in hand I really dig the base. I highly recommend buying this especially if your a big Maul fan or even a moderate fan. The price is great considering how much the 1/6 figures are going for these days. The only bad thing after seeing this in hand I'm all for the rest of the statues in this line and it's going to get real expensive.

Back