Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fp5zs4.jpg

vy8j0h.jpg

21470bq.jpg

24ax1tg.jpg

33jojs4.jpg

Just got him but I have to run some errands for a few hours.

I'll post pics as soon as I'm back (2-3h)

The latest set of pics from eucalyptus look fantastic. IMO, the ones before did not look bad compared to what some were saying about him. Overall, I think he came out very well.

Mine has some pin prick paint missing on the back of his arm. I'm personally underwhelmed by the paint app. I'm contemplating sending this one back.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi!

dsc2134c.jpg

Darth Maul Mythos 1:5 Statue 191/2500 - Sideshow

Very cool statue! When they first announced the Mythos line I was really excited but then when the first pics started popping up I was on the fence. The biggest take away is that pics don't really do him justice.
The box itself is really nice looking and he comes with a 'Certificate of Authenticity' that flips as an art piece (first time SSC does that?)
I love the 1:5, I find it's just big enough for great detail but not too huge at the same time.
The execution of the statue is pretty impressive, the artistic vision, the flow of the clothes the muscle definition, the details of the teeth... I'm sure there a a few tiny nit picks that we could have (there always are) like the color of the skin that is a bit too dark and such but from an artistic point of view he turned out great.
He comes change of heads, change of right hand and the lightsaber sticks come off (I wish it lit up). I ten to prefer with lightsaber off and I prefer the Force push hand to the stick hand. As far as heads I'm torn. I kind of like the 'serene-I'm-going-to-rip-you-apart' head but that had looks more straight on and has the very very slightest case of googly eyes. The angry head I though I wouldn't like as much but it turned out great and he's looking more to the side which feels better with the right arm.

I could go on and I'll answer any question but honestly he's great and if the others turn out as good we're in for a very cool line.

dsc2119p.jpg

dsc2125h.jpg

dsc2127a.jpg

dsc2128v.jpg

dsc2137m.jpg

dsc2138d.jpg

dsc2140t.jpg

dsc2142m.jpg

dsc2143h.jpg

Well... #258 just unboxed.... and I love it. Sadly where I want to put it the lightsaber blades hit the wall so he will be without for now but thats ok. It may not be exactly like the proto (how many are?) but its great anyway. The angry head is very cool and pretty much how mine will stay. I dind't think I would like the stick much but it is neat.... I'll flip them out every now and then. I won't post my crap pics since the ones above are so terrific.

Well... #258 just unboxed.... and I love it. Sadly where I want to put it the lightsaber blades hit the wall so he will be without for now but thats ok. It may not be exactly like the proto (how many are?) but its great anyway. The angry head is very cool and pretty much how mine will stay. I dind't think I would like the stick much but it is neat.... I'll flip them out every now and then. I won't post my crap pics since the ones above are so terrific.

Congrats! Well it's good to hear. I may now pick one up. Love the Character so i'll have to definitely pick him up along with the rest of the line. Keep them coming. :clap:clap:clap

Back