Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an interview I think in USA Today that said they were going to do more after Vader. That was a few months ago and I have not heard anything since so who knows for sure I guess.

Darth Maul is my favourite character from Star Wars I was really unsure about this statue even after seeing pictures but I've just watched StatueHunter75's review of this and I'm really impressed by it.
Gave in and pulled the trigger on this

I can say with all honesty that the base is perfect. It doesn't detract from the piece at all.
His stance is great. The unnatural movement of the character is, what I believe, a defining characteristic of Maul.
The paint application is perfect. He isn't some ridiculous color that looks unnatural. He is a darker shade of red than the kotobukiya sets but 100 times better than pieces like the cyber Maul.
The heads on the one i received were both excellent. There were no issues with the alignment of the eyes.
With the sabres attached, he becomes a very wide piece. This makes him difficult to place and although he looks better with the blades, he won't fit in my detolf.
With this being the cheapest of the line, I am extremely happy with it. I hope they continue to launch this series wit the same quality.

I saw some photos of this on a bluray forum and I just have to have it now. It does look really good.

Yeah i was wondering about this. I've never gotten a CoA from Sideshow, is it the first time?

From what I know, yes. I've never seen that before.

But they have also promoted the Mythos line as an "Exclusive" line. So I guess it makes sense that they've gone all in.

IMG_7704_zps90e407ae.jpg

IMG_7701_zpsfa3dca5e.jpg

IMG_7695_zps091b71c1.jpg

IMG_7689_zps03b94501.jpg

IMG_7684_zps07699841.jpg

IMG_7682_zpsb80a092c.jpg

IMG_7675_zpse1bedf55.jpg

IMG_7672_zps328a27c6.jpg

IMG_7660_zpsdc24425e.jpg

IMG_7653_zps5eb59d91.jpg

Thanks! I'm really pleased with how the shots came out. Hope you all enjoy them and like them. Maul is fantastic. He's one of Sideshow's best SW pieces ever IMO.

Great pics Josh. They tipped me over the fence and made me order. Thanks! I think... :lol

Guys please stop hyping for this statue, I dont want it to sold out until I get one next month!!:D

Is there a regular version of this DM or only the EX. I am getting closer and closer to ordering this, but I want to see how the 1/5 Wolf Predator turns out. With the good word of mouth this is getting, I do not know how long I want to wait.

Also, why does he have the stick?

Is there a regular version of this DM or only the EX. I am getting closer and closer to ordering this, but I want to see how the 1/5 Wolf Predator turns out. With the good word of mouth this is getting, I do not know how long I want to wait.

Also, why does he have the stick?

There's only one version of this statue. It's an exclusive by default.

The stick... Maybe it's a training saber. With all those fancy moves one can easily lose a leg or an arm if one is a rookie.

Anyone have any pics of this next to a premium format?? I'm still unsure if I want to bust open my collection into another scale. I'm kind of **** about that.

Back