Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so paint up of the head is close to the proto in your opinion ????? :) :)

Yes, it's close, but the respirator on the regular head sculpt is not as good as the proto. The EX head sculpt has very good paint. About as close to the proto as you can imagine for a mass produced piece.

Pics coming!

Likeness and sculpt are awesome!

9632566288_4953401894_b.jpg

Here are the head sculpts:

9632566054_5aa75f1344_b.jpg

9632566410_9c1d6766e1_b.jpg

The respirator on my head sculpt looks messy. I might get Sideshow to replace this.
The EX head sculpt is awesome!

A look at the light up features of Malgus.
Note, the EX head sculpt has no light up feature, but the regular has those two circlular lights on the respirator.

9632566184_3ee4d5d776_b.jpg

Lights:

• 2 on the chest
  • 2 on the collar
  • 2 on the respirator
  • lightsaber

Malgus also has two circular lights on each gauntlet, but they do not light up. They are painted red.

The lightsaber is the new tech. Same as Shaak. :yess:

Still working on the cape.

One other thing, the shoulder armor are separate from the statue itself. They attach magnetically on each side. You won't be able to identify which side goes where at first because they're not labeled, but it's easy to figure that out.

looking good from what I see so far... not sure about the paint on the respirator.. whats your overall 1- 10 on him ??

looking good from what I see so far... not sure about the paint on the respirator.. whats your overall 1- 10 on him ??

No doubt.
I hope others have better paint on the regular head. I'll be contacting Sideshow about it. I'm not letting that affect my assessment of this piece.

The light up features are awesome.
The headsculpts have a lot of details, especially the burnt side of his face on the EX.
Paint app on the body, arms, and legs are very good.
The hood material is thicker than I thought it would be. The way the hood was stitched to the cape creates rippling which in turn makes the cape drape down nicely in a wave-like form at not just a flat surface.
Love the pose they went with. It can be said he's either doing a force push, choke, or simply telling someone to get the **** out of his way.
Posing options are more than most PF's because of the EX head. Then there's hood up or down.
While on the base, it's about 21" tall and is heavy. While not indicative of a quality piece, it's nice to feel the weight when handling the statue to/from your desk/shelf.

I'll give this one a 9/10 with a second thought. :clap

I like both sculpts so much I wish I could have another PF, but can't be greedy as some were unfortunate not to get this fantastic piece.

I wish I had more time fellas. I'd like to futz around with the hood and cape a bit more, but I gotta get back to work.

Hopefully the other freaks can chime in with their own pics and feedback.
In the meantime, if there are any questions, post here or drop me a PM.

Back