Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that I can't find this on the SSC marketplace, but nobody really seems to want to take the chance with international shipping when it comes to SS's poor packaging. Not that I can blame them either. Kind of a shame tbh.

It's not that I can't find this on the SSC marketplace, but nobody really seems to want to take the chance with international shipping when it comes to SS's poor packaging. Not that I can blame them either. Kind of a shame tbh.

I got the exclusive from Sideshow last year via FedEX & I thought the packaging was pretty good, I have never had a damaged item turn up from America & I've certainly had enough deliveries..., I find my damaged items tend to come from Royal Mail (here in the UK).

I got the exclusive from Sideshow last year via FedEX & I thought the packaging was pretty good, I have never had a damaged item turn up from America & I've certainly had enough deliveries..., I find my damaged items tend to come from Royal Mail (here in the UK).

2 out of 3 of my Malgus figures came with broken legs due to the bad design of the package. Only reason #3 was ok was due to oversize shipper used.

2 out of 3 of my Malgus figures came with broken legs due to the bad design of the package. Only reason #3 was ok was due to oversize shipper used.

I'm glad I never had a problem then, no idea why mine didn't get broken though..., it certainly had a far longer journey & many extra days in which things could've possibly gone wrong (damage wise).

Hm would $585 for a brand new one shipped be a good price? There's one on eBay now going for around that price.

I'm glad I never had a problem then, no idea why mine didn't get broken though..., it certainly had a far longer journey & many extra days in which things could've possibly gone wrong (damage wise).

Me too. Never had a problem.
I do get a bit jittery when they start arriving damage in America.
Luckily, I've never had any issues and the journey to the UK has been a safe one.
I'm pretty impressed how the packaging hold up. It certainly does the job for me.

Me too. Never had a problem.
I do get a bit jittery when they start arriving damage in America.
Luckily, I've never had any issues and the journey to the UK has been a safe one.
I'm pretty impressed how the packaging hold up. It certainly does the job for me.

I guess maybe it depends on who handles the parcels, I once ordered a TV from a place in London & the courier was a right stroppy chap, he literally dumped the box on my door step & when I said there's a TV in there he just said 'I know!' It was broken so had to send it back but the second courier was a lovely chap & my TV was fine on that occasion. :) I'm not thinking it's pot luck if we get an undamaged parcel, just maybe whoever deals with international deliveries is consistently more considerate about potential breakables, I know that I'm a lot happier myself (most of the time) if I'm told a courier is delivering my parcel & I'm less pleased when I'm told Royal Mail will be delivering it..., that's purely because I've had numerous things turn up damaged or sometimes not turn up at all (whilst in their care). :)

That would be decent price for an EX, but seems a bit high for a regular. I still see those under $500.

It's a regular. Hmm I think the whole problem for me is the international shipping, since Malgus is heavy and customs charge quite a fair bit. It is brand new though, if that helps. $585 is with shipping included.

It's a regular. Hmm I think the whole problem for me is the international shipping, since Malgus is heavy and customs charge quite a fair bit. It is brand new though, if that helps. $585 is with shipping included.

Darth Malgus is actually quite light compared to some premium format statues, they made him hollow by all accounts..., I was a bit disappointed when I first heard about it but visually he's stunning & still quite weighty really (I thought). :)

That is not too bad then, but like I said earlier, have them add some additional packing if they can.

I've got a regular edition in mint condition for sale... $400 shipped CONTINENTAL US though. :(

Shameless advertising I know... but it's to help fund my trip to Uganda for a medical mission!

Finally got this one in yesterday! First PF and second SS statue (behind Vader Mythos)! The light does take a few tries to get on though, and the leg broke during shipping, but it still stands alright without any problem (clean break) and the wiring doesn't seem to be damaged beyond repair either, so I'm alright with that!

Lights on his gauntlets aren't too bright, and his right light on the facemask seems dimmer than the left. Still beautiful, but I could do without these issues really. Hope SS fixes these up for the upcoming Vader PF! Don't foresee myself having the finances to get away with a PO anyway.

DSC_0381 by iwaboi93

PS: Does anyone know how to get a replacement saber btw? My friend has a saber that seems to have something broken inside, and the blade won't light up as a result. I've tried emailing SS but they claim to have run out of spare sabers for this Darth Malgus PF already :(

SS does not sell spare parts(which is pretty stupid) so he is out of luck unless you find a broken statue with a good lightsaber. They sometimes have a couple when replacements are no longer needed, but that is rare.

Err, you are okay with a broken leg?

I glued it back together and it seems alright, so yea I'm okay with it :)
Although if SS would be willing to send me another new piece, there'd be absolutely no complaints on my part!

I'd much prefer a new lightsaber though, I can't believe how fragile it is really. My local store was selling one for $415 with the lights not working, and at first I went pfft who'd buy it at that price tag, but having seen how badly the lights were done on this statue (not aesthetically wise, more of technical wise), it's not at all surprising how that store ended up with a statue like that. It's a huge shame as well, since only 1500 of these were made, including the exclusives. And SS doesn't seem to give much of a damn about the statues once they leave their warehouse. I think they'd be much more popular (and make more money) if they had a repair/replacement facility, given all those damn lightsaber issues.

Dear (me),

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in our products and the time you took to contact our Customer Service Department.

I am very sorry, but we do not have a repair facility and our building is not open to the public. We no longer have replacement light sabers for the Darth Malgus Premium Format Figure.

Please let me know if I can assist you further!

Best regards

Yea, grim.

Back