Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself and about a thousand others have been saying this as well.
You would think a company like Sideshow would improve this one simple aspect of their marketing pics.

Hey sideshow... how about a 12-inch ruler? Duh! :panic:

The truth is, an apple allows them to give us a general idea of size (opposed to exact) and also allows them to make minute changes in dimensions without us ever knowing.
You know they'd just use a 1/4 scale ruler. :lol

You guys... all these great pics made me re-order from BBTS. I pray this one is perfect as the one I previously ordered & returned to SSC had a broken leg. I tried to stay away but just couldn't resist.

Super exited. Just ordered this, from an Italian eBay seller.. So no import taxes and stuff, for me.. :D

:yess:

Congrats guys, Malgus is Awesome, You will be very happy :clap

Thanks a lot, Centurion! :)

Here's a shot that I made for the video. Beware of HI-RES file.

IMG_0048_close2.jpg

Received mine today. Looks fantastic. Love the detail in the head sculpt and paint app.

So far I've found one flaw. The square "nose" part of his respirator was never painted silver. It's black like the rest of the respirator.

I was wondering if any of you could tell me how to go about painting it - what color/type of paint, what type of brush, etc, etc. I literally have no experience with painting, so I'm a bit worried I might screw it up. If it looks too difficult I'll probably just ask for a replacement head. I'd like to avoid that though since everything else on the statue looks superb.

Received mine today. Looks fantastic. Love the detail in the head sculpt and paint app.

So far I've found one flaw. The square "nose" part of his respirator was never painted silver. It's black like the rest of the respirator.

I was wondering if any of you could tell me how to go about painting it - what color/type of paint, what type of brush, etc, etc. I literally have no experience with painting, so I'm a bit worried I might screw it up. If it looks too difficult I'll probably just ask for a replacement head. I'd like to avoid that though since everything else on the statue looks superb.

Congrats. Sorry can't help you about the paint. I just don't have those skills.

use tamiya paint for that.. very good acrylic paint ! not sure what kind of color .. there are several silver tones out.... brush wise.. any fine brush should do it :)

Congrats. Sorry can't help you about the paint. I just don't have those skills.
Thanks.

Yeah I hate it when this happens. One small flaw keeps the statue from being perfect and if I decide to have it replaced there's the risk of receiving a worse one. Without painting/sculpting skills I feel handicap in this hobby. :lol

use tamiya paint for that.. very good acrylic paint ! not sure what kind of color .. there are several silver tones out.... brush wise.. any fine brush should do it :)
Alright, thanks. I think you're the person who told me to use Tamiya for my Maul Mythos as well. I bought the paint but never got the nerve to use it. :lol

lol understandable.. but if you are unsure.. just contact SSC.. they just may send you a replacement head

#371 of the regular edition from BBTS has been received, checked over & now displayed in my detolf. YES!!! No flaws that I could find & he lit-up immediately. He is massive! The detail is just fantastic on Malgus and the cloak is good quality, I like the magnets. Malgus is a tight fit in the detolf width wise due to his Lightsaber and I may have to rotate him around as he is facing more to the left. I was in such a great mood I dropped $ on a PF Darth Talon from ebay this last Thursday.

#371 of the regular edition from BBTS has been received, checked over & now displayed in my detolf. YES!!! No flaws that I could find & he lit-up immediately. He is massive! The detail is just fantastic on Malgus and the cloak is good quality, I like the magnets. Malgus is a tight fit in the detolf width wise due to his Lightsaber and I may have to rotate him around as he is facing more to the left. I was in such a great mood I dropped $ on a PF Darth Talon from ebay this last Thursday.

Both are great additions to the family.

Pics when you get a chance! :)

Are the shoulder armor supposed to be on top or under the cape?
Which is the better display option?

Back