Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Malgus

i like the figure and probably will get it, though I must admit, the prices is a tad high for it being a sideshow 1/6 figure. they honestly can not charge HT prices cause they are no where near their caliber yet. this piece should be charged exactly as the obi figure. not seeing why the price is so inflated.

Because they know they can get away with it and people will still pay it. Hot Toys has already broke the $300 benchmark. There is no end in sight to their greed until people say "Enough is enough" and put their feet down and they are left with unsold surplus stock they can't get rid of at those ridiculously inflated prices and are forced to liquidate their inventory and significantly reduced prices as we have often seen them do. The trick is not to buy into the hype and play the waiting game but the fear of sellout is what drives people to pay full retail prices when they can. Somewhere it's all going to backfire and the bubble is going to burst on this hobby.

Inflated price could be (partly) explained by the fact Malgus is a one shot figure with most parts being specially designed for him. It doesn't make the $185 pill easier to swallow.

Sideshow is hilarious if they think their $*** is as good as Hot Toys to charge that much.

:exactly: It looks good but their bodies, tailoring just aren't on par with the asking price. I've had Boba, Tusken and Snow Trooper because they looked decent in pics only to sell later. Their game has gotten better but just not at the next level therefore, they shouldn't charge next level prices.

:exactly: It looks good but their bodies, tailoring just aren't on par with the asking price. I've had Boba, Tusken and Snow Trooper because they looked decent in pics only to sell later. Their game has gotten better but just not at the next level therefore, they shouldn't charge next level prices.

True, I think all their releases, depending on gear of course, should fall between 125 and 150, but market is gonna determine it.

All I know is this is an easy buy for me, if I had the spare coin I would get 2 of these. I think there are ways it could be a better figure but for Sideshow, I can't have those kind of expectations.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the Snowtrooper and Boba Fett are both amazing figures! I'll take anything from ESB that Sideshow puts out.

Although I don't see much chance of an extensive Old Republic line, I can't pass this one up. It has to be the exclusive with the additional head though.

That's what I want to know. How many characters they plan on doing and which ones?
This would help in deasiding on to buy or not! :/

You will never know because they are never going to say. Like Hot Toys it's probably a one-and-done deal.

Do you Guys think they'll actually have a light up light saber like what they did for Obi Wan?

Do you Guys think they'll actually have a light up light saber like what they did for Obi Wan?

right now, no as it's not in the specs that they put in The Experience. But who knows, maybe come thursday, the product page specs could say different

Thanks GiPetto, right now so on the fence with this figure mostly due to the price and what it comes with, an actual light up saber with a thinner non warping/bending blade would definitely get me to preorder. Figure does look pretty sweet though.

I really don't understand how this is $35 more than Padawan Obiwan. I don't see it at all

He's got more work in the armour and the boots, removable mask, and maybe the undersuit as opposed to Obi's generic Jedi gear? But Obi had the light up saber.........

Not really sure why it's dearer either, maybe they are making less and having the higher price.

It's more interesting than the Obi figure?:lol

Back