Darth Malgus - Sideshow 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Malgus

I wonder how much this guy will be...seems like we're only getting on lightsaber with a removable blade instead of the usual 2 (one lit one unlit) judging by the pic with all the gear loaded out

I'll buy this figure because it looks awesome, visually it's an interesting figure for me. I don't care where he's from, video game or not, he looks great and right from the day Star Wars hit the cinemas back in the day, this kind of thing was what grabbed my attention.

Sure it's Vader-esque but I can let my imagination come up with a reason why. Jedi's wear similar clothes, why cant Malgus and Vader have worn similar armour?

Whatever, it's cool looking and I'm interested in it.

Last edited:

Iwhy. Jedi's wear similar clothes, why cant Malgus and Vader have worn similar armour?

Whatever, it's cool looking and I'm interested in it.

Well trolls can't be positive about something that actually looks good *gezz* that would just be a world gone crazy....:cuckoo:

Apparently if it's not HT doing it and it's not Han Solo or Darth Vader it's bad, very very bad.

This or the PF, what do you guys think? :lol

I'm leaning more on the PF cause the cloak looked better scaled in it.
Lights are winning me over too..seems worth the extra cash.

If it has to be one or the other, thats a hard choice. I'd say 1/6 because I don't collect many statues, but if I was an avid statue collector it would drive me nuts deciding between the two.

If you have other PF I would definitely get the PF since it looks so great. But with recent problems have been having with sideshow getting some of their statues broken multiple times I dont know.

They are both great but the cloak and light effects for the PF top the 1/6 especially for the price in comparison.

I wonder how much this guy will be...seems like we're only getting on lightsaber with a removable blade instead of the usual 2 (one lit one unlit) judging by the pic with all the gear loaded out

Don't count on that. the original pictures of EP Obi-wan didn't show his unlit saber either. But he still came with one.

If it has to be one or the other, thats a hard choice. I'd say 1/6 because I don't collect many statues, but if I was an avid statue collector it would drive me nuts deciding between the two.

If you have other PF I would definitely get the PF since it looks so great. But with recent problems have been having with sideshow getting some of their statues broken multiple times I dont know.

They are both great but the cloak and light effects for the PF top the 1/6 especially for the price in comparison.

I only have one 1/4th figure myself (EB Bats). It really has become a tough choice. :lol

Well, I guess it really boils down to preference, whether you like 1/4 or 1/6.
It's nice that both look great :D

Don't count on that. the original pictures of EP Obi-wan didn't show his unlit saber either. But he still came with one.

The load out pic did have the unlit saber in it:

11.png

Huh. Then either it wasn't listed in the accessories, or they updated the picture. Either/or. I'm fairly certian that we will Get an unlit saber with him regardless.

People will form lynchmobs if it's two separate pieces. those get floppy.

It was the new Yoda figure that didn't have an unlit lightsaber in the picture but there is one in the specs, I can't imagine Malgus wouldn't come with a second one.

Any update on WHEN specifically this will go up for pre-order?

I can't wait to get the Exclusive. LOVE this figure and design.

Huh. Then either it wasn't listed in the accessories, or they updated the picture. Either/or. I'm fairly certian that we will Get an unlit saber with him regardless.

People will form lynchmobs if it's two separate pieces. those get floppy.

Yea it's just weird to me that they wouldn't put it in the load out pics. It's not that hard to recast one w/o a blade :lol

It was the new Yoda figure that didn't have an unlit lightsaber in the picture but there is one in the specs, I can't imagine Malgus wouldn't come with a second one.
Ahh didnt notice that the specs w/ Yoda had both listed.
Any update on WHEN specifically this will go up for pre-order?

I can't wait to get the Exclusive. LOVE this figure and design.
It's most likely going to be Thursday as that's just about always when new POs go up. I think it's usually around 2:30-3:00 Pacific

It says it goes up for pre-order with the April 18,2013 news letter?
Do they mean April 25,2013?
It's April 23 now.

I think that pre-order date was a typo, should be the 25th.

So it's $185. I can't figure out what's driving the cost on this one - there's not lit base, the lightsaber was the only thing listed that lit up. Otherwise it's a sparse 1/6-scale figure.

I like it quite a bit, but man, $185....

Back