Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the honeymoon is getting ever closer. want to take me with you???

...I'll see if we can squeeze you into our suitcases

congrats darren!!

thanks Keith :)

Congrats Darren. Don't sell off ALL your stuff though! LOL!

...we'll see, lol.

congrates on the sale and the impending honeymoon!

...impending. That somehow makes it sound like a bad thing. Impending doom or something :lol

New experiences > Material possessions

Absolutely!! ...and that's how I'm looking at this (even if they are special possessions)

Actually,

Hot Toys Dark Knight Figures > New experiences > Material possessions

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Actually I disagree, because I don't see Ledger in that Joker sculpt... but that's another discussion for another thread :monkey1

in 2 days.....

ARAGORNPREVIEW.jpg

Hey Darren im sorry but due to the new batman figs would it be cool to pay you next week for the luke? I was going to do it this week but because of the Dark Knight figures going up in value after 1 day i should get one asap.

As far as the Aragorn whoever gets this will be lucky.
I remember first seeing this badboy in a net cafe in a airport in new zealand.

Once i notied the same guy who made the kick a$$ obi made it i msged you to ask if you could make one for me and to this day the paint jobs on the two astonish me :rock

Good luck on the bid and i know whoever gets it will be very lucky and not dissapointed.

As for painting.... I bought some new brushes over the weekend, and I can already feel myself wanting to get back to the Faramirs. I reckon I'll be painting again monday morning :cool:

They whisper "Darren, you are a master painter . . . your work is beyond compare . . . paint us, paint us!!!"

Or something to that extent. :lol

Damn!
That is a beauty.
All of them are, but this one is just incredible.

your strider is amazing. i already have one from you but i'm tempted to try and get this one too. Good luck with it.

thanks guys :rock This one's going to be like the Anakin in terms of letting it go... I've always had a really special place in my heart for this figure. I'm not sure why exactly, I guess I just really loved how it turned out in terms of the facial upgrade and the weathering details. As always... hopefully it will go to a good home!

Hey Darren im sorry but due to the new batman figs would it be cool to pay you next week for the luke? I was going to do it this week but because of the Dark Knight figures going up in value after 1 day i should get one asap.

As far as the Aragorn whoever gets this will be lucky.
I remember first seeing this badboy in a net cafe in a airport in new zealand.

Once i notied the same guy who made the kick a$$ obi made it i msged you to ask if you could make one for me and to this day the paint jobs on the two astonish me :rock

Good luck on the bid and i know whoever gets it will be very lucky and not dissapointed.

Pete, that's absolutely fine about the Bespin Luke payment... no rush at all. And great story about first seeing my Aragorn in a net cafe in New Zealand..... and we've been in touch ever since :rock :lol

They whisper "Darren, you are a master painter . . . your work is beyond compare . . . paint us, paint us!!!"

Or something to that extent. :lol

First Faramir head was sprayed with varnish an hour an a half ago Capt..... soon...... soon.... :eek:

Oh man, Aragorn is the one I'd want most. If only this auction was next month instead. The coffers are practically empty at the moment... :monkey2... but I will definitely be watching very closely!
This is going to be tempting, sooooo tempting... :google

ok, the Faramir heads are.... *gets a towel for Captain* .... finished. (Varnish drying). Hopefully pics tomorrow.

The other good news is that the Terminator heads just arrived. So tomorrow I'll go through them, check they're ok (they will be) and start sending out unpainted ones and painting the rest. Also I can focus more on getting the full figure commissions done too.

At the same time as all this is going on... as if it isn't enough lol (and painting a Neo head for someone) I'll be getting on (finally) with the Ripley resculpt!

She is on my desk! :rock
(shortly followed by Hudson)

Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy

ok, the Faramir heads are.... *gets a towel for Captain* .... finished. (Varnish drying). Hopefully pics tomorrow.

The other good news is that the Terminator heads just arrived. So tomorrow I'll go through them, check they're ok (they will be) and start sending out unpainted ones and painting the rest. Also I can focus more on getting the full figure commissions done too.

At the same time as all this is going on... as if it isn't enough lol (and painting a Neo head for someone) I'll be getting on (finally) with the Ripley resculpt!

She is on my desk! :rock
(shortly followed by Hudson)

OH yeah Terminators baby :rock

Are you still planning on making a Christopher Reeves head sculp to? i was looking forward to that one.

Oh and thanks again for waiting for the money i will pay it in as soon as i get payed.

I bet you get more for this than the other two.
Imo this is your best figure , always loved that look on his face. It takes you straight to the movie. Good luck with the sale pal. :rock

Back