Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love your work on this figure Darren... Good luck with the auction!

thanks grange!

I bet you get more for this than the other two.
Imo this is your best figure , always loved that look on his face. It takes you straight to the movie. Good luck with the sale pal. :rock

It'd be nice if I did.... would help pay for the honeymoon! We'll see.... fingers crossed! Thanks for the compliment anyway!

Hey Darren, just curious... What happen to this re-sculpt?
1.jpg

Any update on this one Darren?

Cheers.

I mentioned it in the previous post where I mentioned about Ripley being on my desk... as soon as she is done, then Hudson is getting done immediately after! Woohoo!!

Anyway I just snapped a few pics for Captain (and the people who commissioned me) this is the first of the 3 Faramirs that I've painted. The other two I'm letting the varnish set for an extra day or two. I forgot to take a pic with the hair ON.... lol, but you can see how it looks anyway

I forgot to take a 'before' picture... (duh)... so I went through the Faramir thread and saved this pic as it was one of the better photos showing the figure out of the box. (there were some pics that made it look horrendous... but I like to be fair to a figure).... anyway here's the pics

BEFORE
Faramir1.jpg

AFTER
20080523_6.jpg

PAINTED HAIR ON LEFT
20080523_2.jpg

20080523_11.jpg

20080523_7.jpg

Image1.jpg

20080523_9.jpg

Image2.jpg

That is a truly stunning repaint of Faramir! It really looks like David Wenham now. The hairpiece also looks great. Do show us some pics of the assembled head when you have a chance! :cool:

he looks phenominal! i would have to say he's no longer just a figure but now a piece of art.

makes me want to send you all the sideshow lord of the ring figures for repaints. if that economic stimulus check didn't have to cover gas and new baby expenses i have a feeling it would have been going to you.

Wow Darren, that paint work is truly magnificent. I love the feathering of the beard hairs. How did you remove his head hair without damaging the head? And do you glue it back on afterwards?

Somebody has to tell the Cap...
And warn him to get his kleenex out! LOL!

That is stunning Darren! I didn't think that sculpt was salvageable, but once again you've shown what a truly brilliant repaint can do.

wow, what a reaction..... thanks guys :bow

I'm just glad it got the Captain_Faramir seal of approval (and boy did it, you should have read the pm I got) :lol

I'm just glad I can move onto the next thing now though (Ripley followed immediately by Hudson)

Faramir looks awesome, did you do something on the headsculpt or you just repaint it ?

Nope, just repainted it

Wow Darren, that paint work is truly magnificent. I love the feathering of the beard hairs. How did you remove his head hair without damaging the head? And do you glue it back on afterwards?

remove the hair? ...with great difficulty. It's often the hardest part of doing a repaint on these Faramir/Legolas/Aragorn figures. Sometimes they come off relatively easily (I use the word 'relative')... and sometimes I'm fighting with the thing forever, trying my hardest to pull it off and break the glue seal, yet at the same time not damage it. It's basically a lot of pulling, levering, twisting, sticking things between the head and the hair..... anything to break the glue

So... I'm guessing Coburn/Flint is off the charts? :rolleyes:

Is it bad of me if I say I'd forgotten that I had that head here? :eek:

Well, up until 3 days ago anyway. I was going through boxes I'd been sent (and my office is filling up with dozens of the things), .......and I found the Coburn head.

needless to say my face was :eek

What was I doing with it... was I molding the head and sending that original back, and then working on the copy? It's been so long I can barely remember what I said i was doing :eek:

...how bad is that lol

Darren

p.s. Oh I almost forgot, me and Jane went to see Indy... and I'm not bothering with the many... lengthy... many.... threads in the Indy section :lol most of which are going round in circles.

Basically.. I thought it was a good fun 8/10 film. There were parts I thought went too far in terms of jokes or CGI stunts.... or rather how they were done or the perceived danger to the characters..... but there were also some excellent parts.

I liked it! So there, lol :whip

\

Is it bad of me if I say I'd forgotten that I had that head here? :eek:

Well, up until 3 days ago anyway. I was going through boxes I'd been sent (and my office is filling up with dozens of the things), .......and I found the Coburn head.

needless to say my face was :eek

What was I doing with it... was I molding the head and sending that original back, and then working on the copy? It's been so long I can barely remember what I said i was doing :eek:

...how bad is that lol

Darren

Nah, I seem to get forgotten all the time. :D

Thats what you had said. You'd make a copy and turn that into Flint.

Hey Darren, how are you coming a long with those unpainted Arnold heads??? You know, between the selecting which fruit-cake, which cousins should next to who or who not... having your mates to take you the the strippers one last time and telling you how much they love you and think you're a man mountain for tying the knot, albeit in a drunken stupor...

WOW the paint apps are exceptional is amazing how good you can get the scuplts such mor realism to them with an outsatnding paint job.

Ron

Thanks Ron, that means a lot coming from you... your work is outstanding!

Hey Darren, how are you coming a long with those unpainted Arnold heads??? You know, between the selecting which fruit-cake, which cousins should next to who or who not... having your mates to take you the the strippers one last time and telling you how much they love you and think you're a man mountain for tying the knot, albeit in a drunken stupor...

Grange... I'm going to put my Ripley sculpt to one side, let my daily twenty or so emails go unanswered for now, put my Terminator full-figure customs down for a day, and ignore anything to do with weddings, lol... and get the unpainted Arnold heads sent out today.

no more excuses :rock

oh by the way, while I'm sending out the unpainted Arnie heads I figured I'd let you all see one of the things I'm working on this week... this is very early, so it will change lots probably.... but it gives you an idea what I'm doing

(and yes... I'm planning to do an Alien 1 version (unless Hot Toys does one) and an Aliens "Get away from here you b**ch!" version (can't wait to do that one!!)

sculpey1.jpg

Back